Rush Clockwork Angels Tour streaming video preview from Radio.com now available

Posted on Thursday, November 14, 2013 at 12:00PM

#26 - Posted 11/15/13 @5:30PM by Homey M Holmes

The Snakes & Arrows show is good, but, you know, there's all that Snakes & Arrows stuff to skip over...otherwise, it's a good setlist, better than the new one...but on the other hand the 80s stuff does sound good here.
#25 - Posted 11/15/13 @8:06AM by rush21122 [contact]

how would you guys compare this new one to snakes and arrows? I think geds singing was decent in arrows. but it just didn't feel live to me.. like they were too production style.
#24 - Posted 11/14/13 @11:09PM by CraigJ [contact]

I know, so frustrating. I was planning on watching tonight. Bunch of incompetent dweebs over there at CBS.
#23 - Posted 11/14/13 @11:01PM by Geddimus Prime

Radio.com stream is hosed. Looping snippet of Grand Design(s) for an hour now. Hey CBS! Fail!
#22 - Posted 11/14/13 @6:19PM by CraigJ [contact]

Can't wait to get the BluRay... Actually saw my ugly mug in the front row!
#21 - Posted 11/14/13 @5:37PM by Homey M Holmes

Yeah, the vox aren't that bad. Way better than Time Machine.
#20 - Posted 11/14/13 @5:31PM by Son of a Mitch [contact]

Sounds awesome. For those worrying about Geddy's voice, it's not that bad! Gotta look past the rough spots and realize he's powering through each song with elegance.
#19 - Posted 11/14/13 @5:28PM by Homey M Holmes

Holy crap! It appears they got the sound right.
#18 - Posted 11/14/13 @4:38PM by Geddimus Prime

Looks like we got lucky on this one audio and performance wise. Sounds damn good.

Filming...blah blah blah...
#17 - Posted 11/14/13 @4:32PM by larryrushman [contact]

That was awesome, i can't wait till next tuesday, christmas comes early this year folks, thank you santa rush!!!!
#16 - Posted 11/14/13 @4:10PM by SparkMark1 [contact]

So, I work in a movie theater. I did a quick quality check for next week (just fast forwarded to make sure the content is there).
Not sure exactly what will be shown, but the theater presentation starts out with the second set and CA stuff. Not sure exactly what was played after. Last 15 or so minutes were behind the scenes stuff.
So not the complete show (you could tell that from the running time), but still should be cool.
#15 - Posted 11/14/13 @3:21PM by TMMB [contact]

I think Geddy sounds amazing. In fact, all of the audio is outstanding.

However, I have to agree with others here that the some of the video is way too fast and the crowd shot perspectives are over done.
But they did a great job capturing the lighting.

Can't wait to see it in the theater!
#14 - Posted 11/14/13 @3:14PM by Liverpool 78

Well.

Just watched the live stream.

Ged sounds great, Al sounds great, Neil sounds great, the string ensemble sounds great, the whole production looks and sounds great.

They come across just like they always have - one of the greatest rock acts ever.

Really looking forward to next Monday. A big thumbs up for the whole Clockwork Angels experience from over her in the UK.

Liver.
#13 - Posted 11/14/13 @2:50PM by Electric Brain Boogaloo [contact]

Geddy sounds great. I don't understand the negative comments about The Garden live video. He sounded great IMO except in a few places. He just doesn't have much range anymore. If only he could had some help staying in that limited range. (Celine what you up to? Haha)

He generally sounded great on the new songs.

I listened through the compressed Pandora stream twice throw on headphones and on my surround sound system. It all sounded good...

The only thing that disappointed me was the bonus track "Middletime Dreams." I love the PW tracks but Ged is all over the place in this version. He seem to go high when he didn't need to but comparing it to original track, he just did those lines with so much more ease on wax.

But the rest sounds so good.

Regarding the mix, they seem to finally start getting it right in Time Machine (where I think Ged sounds so much better during the second set.)

They had so many loudness issues between VPs and S&A (GUP Live has ear-piercing high pitch cheering) but everything after is so much better. Tho, I think S&A sounds clearer in the new set on Spotify that's clearly somewhat compressed for the streaming.

Also everyone please help me out link =) Thanks!
#12 - Posted 11/14/13 @2:35PM by ToadBrother [contact]

I'm not sure what everyone was down on Geddy for. I saw him in Vancouver, which was that third or fourth show from last from the tour, and he was awesome. He had a small amount of trouble in a few spots, but at that point in Headlong Flight when he really has to let go, he nailed it dead on. The whole crowd (and Roger's Arena was PACKED) went nuts.

What I really wish they'd do is sell the soundboard recordings for shows. I realize they want "official" live releases to be top form, but I'd pay to buy the shows I was at.
#11 - Posted 11/14/13 @2:23PM by musicofthespheres [contact]

Sounds like they truly nailed the recording/mix -- finally! Will be a pleasure to drive w. these tunes cranked...

sad for folks who can't enjoy Ged's singing -- well not really... He sounds great, and apparently a good majority feel that way.

only complaint is why oh why pan directly behind the heads of dudes 30 rows back??? Fan's perspectives and the rear-screen can be seen w. other angles. just awful, imo.

BUT, looks and sounds great! And the stringers rock. Bring them back anytime, Rush!
#10 - Posted 11/14/13 @2:15PM by Denny Crane [contact]

Okay, just gave it a complete listen. I am pleasantly awaiting the release and not so worried about it anymore. The previous clips from The Garden and 2112 had me a bit worried, but this longer examination has me excited once again.

Geddy sounds good.

P.S. I could still do without the constant motion-sickness camera shifts.

P.S.S. Did I say I was excited!!!

DENNY CRANE
#9 - Posted 11/14/13 @1:59PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Love the Geds voice, love it!
#8 - Posted 11/14/13 @1:53PM by blake2112 [contact]

Geddy's voice is a non issue, I think it's great and far better then Time Machine. The audio mix is the best I have ever heard for live Rush, I think the video editing is far too fast for my liking but it's incredible none the less.
#7 - Posted 11/14/13 @1:37PM by simmons2112 [contact]

I thought Geddy's voice sounded great throughout actually. I like his excitement in several of the songs that isn't normally heard. Good stuff.