Alex Lifeson talks Clockwork Angels Tour, Rock Hall ballot, Rush's future and more in new Billboard interview

Posted on Monday, November 18, 2013 at 12:16PM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#19 - Posted 11/20/13 @1:06PM by What-A-Rush

Good to hear, but NOT surprised, to see Alex give a nod to Kiss for the Rock Hall induction. Personally, I think Geddy AND Neil will vote for them as well. Kudos gentlemen!
#18 - Posted 11/19/13 @7:22AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Cool Jim!Hope you have a blast. Nobody else is on this thread anymore anyways...everyone is at the top recollecting their CA "theater" experiences.Seems like about 75 to 80% had terrible experiences which really sucks!
#17 - Posted 11/18/13 @11:40PM by jiminseattle [contact]

I know this is a Rush site so don't be haters.

Jupe.

The Tubes are playing January 10th at the Snoqualmie Casino which is about 45 minutes from where I live, my wife and I are so there. Laters
#16 - Posted 11/18/13 @11:17PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

I think he is still drumming with them.
#15 - Posted 11/18/13 @11:14PM by jiminseattle [contact]

I am 53, your a youngster. Yeah would love to see the Tubes at a local haunt. I don't know if Prairie Prince is still drumming for them though, he is great.
#14 - Posted 11/18/13 @11:02PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Fee Waybill is 63 or 64 now I think, hard to imagine...but it's hard to believe that Ged,Alex and Neil are all in their 60's! But then again I can't believe I'm 47!! In my walnut sized brain I'm still 20.
#13 - Posted 11/18/13 @10:29PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Hey Jupe,

Yeah I saw the Tubes back up David Bowie in about '84 after Inside/Outside and it was awesome. What a great stage show. I was laughing and movin and a groovin.
#12 - Posted 11/18/13 @10:12PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Hey Jim, my older brother took me to see The Tubes when I was 15 after The Completion Backward Principle came out, then again after InsideOutside. The Tubes were a great live act! Remote Control is a killer album like you guys already said. Turn Me On cranked on a good system or headphones is awesome, and TV Is King too. If I could only go back to those days.
#11 - Posted 11/18/13 @5:18PM by aboyalone [contact]

Yeah guess I'm old school too. Maybe just old. But I still enjoy the full album/CD experience myself. I like album artwork, liner notes, something physical to purchase rather than just a downloaded song.
#10 - Posted 11/18/13 @4:42PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Remote Control is a killer lp. Love it and the story is funny as hell. TV is King!!!
#9 - Posted 11/18/13 @3:30PM by PLesinski [contact]

#7 - wow that is so weird. I just ordered the remaster of Remote Control and have been resdiscovering the glory. The tune you mention is such an earworm, I can't get it out of my head!
#8 - Posted 11/18/13 @1:52PM by Rob1855 [contact]

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are almost ZERO overdubs on the new DVD? Usually, they go in and clean things up a bit. Not this time - for good or ill. Wonder why the change.
#7 - Posted 11/18/13 @1:41PM by jiminseattle [contact]

As Fee Waybill of the Tubes so eloquently states "I just can't wait to have it all now!"
#6 - Posted 11/18/13 @1:36PM by Electric Brain Boogaloo [contact]

Also I think Nirvana is too young and too new. Hell Dave and the Foos are still going strong They shouldn't go in first ballot when there's still Deep Purple, Yes, Kiss, Chic, The Motown Spinners, and Hall and Oates still on the ballot.

LL Cool J (a lyrical influence on Neil along with Chuck D in the RTB era) was great, was the first rapper to be on MTV Unplugged (Youtube it before you judge if you haven't seen it) and managed to have great comebacks (but don't call it that) in the 90's but he seems to be sullying his discography by continuing to put out albums (tho his latest had guest Eddie Van Halen, Tom Morello, and Brad Paisley) when he could be playing the hits and working on his acting and narrating career.

Hell, the Spinners (It's a Shame, I'll be Around, Could It Be I'm Falling in Love) should have gone in last year when there was still a living member left. G. C. Cameron is the only one left and he left then in '72 before their big string of hits.

I like Peter Gabriel, but I'm not a fan of people going in two and three times (I'm looking at you, Clapton) when it takes another spot away from these aging nominees.

Cat Stevens - whatever he's calling himself now - OH HELL YEA! Just don't make the speech political, if you even show, or can get onto a plane, this is about the music for us (and the money for the people up top but screw them, I'll enjoy it more just to spite them!)

I only thing know about The Paul Butterfield Blues Band is the song "Born in Chicago" from Blues Brothers 2000 and this amazing Dan Aykroyd clip www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UBdzvfWpnY I would love to see a presenter that has the goods on them to induct them and give me some intel on the band (please not John Mayer again, he's not the only bluesman alive) and not just tell their own personal story.

Chic has only one original member left, Nile Rodgers and he just had a hit a few weeks ago being featured on and producing Daft Punk's single, "Get Lucky" and he just played Glastonbury leading Chic. Also, he produced, like, 3 of Bowie's big albums (including Let's Dance!) and a shit ton others and was in Robert Plants/Jimmy Page's Honeydippers project and without "Good Times" there's no "Rapper's Delight," like the guy's a living legend, plain and simple!!!

Like a genius once said,

If you admire somebody you should go on 'head tell 'em
People never get the flowers while they can still smell 'em
#5 - Posted 11/18/13 @1:27PM by jaeger [contact]

I'd say that he and Ged are just cooling speculation so as not to disappoint. No way that Neil isn't also going to be banging away here, there, and everywhere, either. So, I'd bet that once they've got a couple of tunes ready and the mood is right, they'll put out another pair of tunes. I personally don't care if it is like the "old days" when record companies would release a single and a B-side and you'd have to wait what seemed anyway like an eternity to hear the rest of the tunes. Time is relative, he he...
#4 - Posted 11/18/13 @1:27PM by rushfreak101 [contact]

I'm hoping that they both get super bored that all they would want to do is record lol
#3 - Posted 11/18/13 @1:06PM by Alexfan [contact]

They have been talking about releasing a few songs at a time since before S&A.

Doesn't matter to me how they chose to do it, just keep doing it.
#2 - Posted 11/18/13 @12:31PM by Electric Brain Boogaloo [contact]

Haha Alex mentions Kiss haha :)

also last day guys

Thanks
#1 - Posted 11/18/13 @12:26PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Cool, I would prefer a new album and tour to the bits and pieces approach.