Monday, October 28, 2013

Rush Clockwork Angels Tour video 2112 preview clip
10:02AM EST | comments (16) |

UPDATE - 10/28@5:21PM: There's also the full audio clip of 2112 available on SoundCloud.

The Wall Street Journal has posted a 90-second preview clip of 2112 from Rush's upcoming Clockwork Angels Tour video which you can check it out below or at this location. The film will be getting a theatrical release on November 18th - the day before its release on CD/DVD/Blu-ray - and tickets are already available for purchase at a number of theaters. Be sure to check your local theater listings to see if the film is coming to your neck of the woods. Last week Rolling Stone posted video of Rush's performance of The Garden from the film, and you can check it out at the Rolling Stone website, and it's now also available on YouTube. Rush announced a couple of weeks ago that they will be partnering with independent retail outlets to sell an exclusive 10" picture disc single of this live version of The Garden for a Record Store Day sponsored Black Friday event on November 29th. The concert was filmed/recorded on November 28th of last year in Dallas, TX and the primary footage consists of this entire concert which was one of the band's Night A setlists. As a bonus they also include 3 Night B setlist tracks (Middletown Dreams, The Pass and Manhattan Project) from the November 25th show in Phoenix along with a soundcheck recording of Limelight. The DVD/Blu-ray also includes a 25-minute tour documentary titled Can't Stop Thinking Big, the intro/intermission/outro tour videos and other exclusive bonus content. You can get all the details in the Rush.com press release and watch the official trailer for the film at this location. There's also a slightly different trailer posted over at the Fadoo Productions website.

Related Posts:
[Rush Clockwork Angels Tour limited edition deluxe package]
[Rush Clockwork Angels Tour theatrical release November 18th]
[Geddy Lee talks Clockwork Angels Tour CD/DVD/Blu-ray in new VH1 interview]
[Video premiere of The Garden from Rush's Clockwork Angels Tour CD/DVD/Blu-ray]
[Rush Clockwork Angels Tour CD/DVD/Blu-ray OFFICIAL trailer released]
[Rush Clockwork Angels Tour CD now available for pre-order]
[Geddy Lee talks Clockwork Angels Tour video, Vapor Trails Remixed in new Rolling Stone interview]
[Rush Clockwork Angels Tour CD/DVD/Blu-ray to release November 19th, now available for pre-order]
[Rush Clockwork Angels concert film status update]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tour concert film trailer released]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tour concert video to release September 24th]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tour Dallas open thread]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tour Phoenix open thread]
[Rush to film Phoenix and Dallas shows for live DVD release]

Comments

#16 - Posted 10/30/13 @10:29AM by kennyplay1 [contact]

The boys were a bit off, on this 2112.. Just the tightness of the 3 of them... Alex missed some key parts. oh well, it's Live...
#15 - Posted 10/29/13 @3:17PM by lisah [contact]

Whether you like the camera shots on the DVD or not, they are what the boys wanted it to be. Geds brother is the one involved in the video part of the Rush machine. I don't think he would put it out there if it didn't meet Geddys approval.Just a thought. I will be seeing it at the theater on Nov.18 and preordered the BlueRay. It is still a wonderful video record of a tour that I loved. Rush On!
#14 - Posted 10/28/13 @10:17PM by Shirking_Man [contact]

I agree with Denny (#7). It sounds good, but ... video vertigo!
#13 - Posted 10/28/13 @9:53PM by Lamb Saag [contact]

The Wall Street Journal posting news about Rush?! Has the world gone topsy-turvy??

Back in the day, WSJ was my old man's paper, while I was reading Mad magazine and Circus...

#12 - Posted 10/28/13 @9:15PM by Cajava [contact]

kj, I just have to say--your butt is not going to be sitting in that theater, we are going to be up singing, dancing, and airing it out from start to finish!! Woohoo!!
#11 - Posted 10/28/13 @9:05PM by drummerboy2112

I agree, in that it may be ironic that the most qualified consultants to direct the 'direction ' of the band are the fans. A little pedestrian I know but how is it that after the fact, ie a release like video or album, some of us seem to formalize a more honest or creative or just plain better path, in our opinions obviously. I agree that the person editing the video may not be a diehard fan but really, should we be just content that we are getting something from them. Part of me says yes and we should just shut the f*ck up :), but another part of me is silently screaming at obvious glaring misfirings. but all in all, I'm grateful for them to portray such incredible work ethic and passion.

As to the person who wants to see the complete ESL on video or other vids from way back, could it be that mercury the record label or whoever owns it now, has some some sort of say or control about their release?

Anyone?
#10 - Posted 10/28/13 @7:51PM by kjbird [contact]

Alright, that's it; i watched The Garden clip, i'm not watching this one....i want to see it in its entirety on Nov 18th when my butt is sitting in the theatre facing the big screen and again on my flatscreen the next day when my DVD arrives at my home (hopefully my preorder is on time). Lalalalalalalalalalalalalala (as she covers her ears and closes her eyes).
#9 - Posted 10/28/13 @7:20PM by holeinone53575

Love it when Rush puts out a tour souvenir. We get to live it all over again.
#8 - Posted 10/28/13 @6:32PM by rush21122 [contact]

I agree about the way the video is hot. a perfect live video as far as shooting goes. get the police bluray from 2007, now that is shot perfect.. the way a live concert video should be filmed...
#7 - Posted 10/28/13 @6:05PM by Denny Crane [contact]

Okay, I'm going to say it... Having seen "The Garden" and now a bit of "2112" I think I can safely say I don't like the way this video was filmed and captured. I like the actual playing, musically, as the boys are on top form. The sound seems great, but what I'm talking about is the video cuts and filming. I know this has already been talked about before, and I don't want to beat the already dead horse again but I just don't care for the constant non-stop, jerky, zooming, panning, large view, small view, 30th row, from the ceiling, camera shots that are unfortunately going to be a constant occurrence in this tour log.

I want to see Geddy sing, play his bass a bit, sing another line AND THEN SWITCH to Alex or Neil for the same. Go watch ANY song from ESL to SEE what I'm talking about. The editing on this seems to have been done by a professional, but just non-Rush fan. They don't even show the prominent band member during their musical high-lights or at the proper times. Again, the sound is great (so far), the quality of the video is sharp and the definition is super crisp, but those non-stop camera shifts and editing are going to get old come 2.5 hours into it. And this is all a shame because this tour absolutely ROCKED. Don't lump me in with the "hatred and ill-will" group because I truly love this fellas, just not their last few video offerings.

Rush: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Excellence