Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Rush Clockwork Angels Live tour DVD will NOT release in May
6:59AM EST | comments (33) |

Last week MusicTAP reported that Rush's planned Clockwork Angels Live tour DVD would be releasing this coming May 21st via Concord Records. To many - including myself - this release date seemed a bit early given that the Clockwork Angels tour would not be finishing up until later this Summer at the earliest. It turns out that our skepticism was warranted as MusicTap posted the following message to their website late yesterday (thanks Ryan):

If you're a Rush fan and were all excited about the date I laid out for you for the upcoming Clockwork Angels DVD, then I owe you an apology. It would appear that the DVD (untitled as of this point), is NOT scheduled for May 21.

One of the dangers in running a site like this is a bad date feed. Release dates may find their way into your mailbox, often by trusted resources. Usually you can run with them. For example, the 2112 Deluxe reissue announcement, which proved to be true. I received the info about the DVD from the same source, however, today, from a more trusted source, I was told that the DVD does not have a release date in place. I was told that it would be made available, likely in the Fall of this year, corresponding to a train of logical thought that played out in many Rush forums, rightly so as it turns out.

So, once again, apologies to Rush fans all over who marked their calendars in anticipation of a new concert DVD. I promise to deliver the correct date as SOON as it is made available to me.

So it now looks like the DVD will release sometime in the Fall as we had originally anticipated. Rush filmed both the Phoenix and Dallas shows this past November for the planned DVD release. Reports at the time indicated that the Dallas show would be the primary source for the film with the Phoenix footage used mainly as a backup. Last month Rush confirmed that they planned to extend the North American Clockwork Angels tour into 2013 via this message that was posted to Rush.com:

... Clockwork Angels 2013 in Europe is on sale now. And just because we had such a good time, we are now making plans for more dates in the spring and summer of 2013 in North America - so stay tuned for more announcements. Looking forward to seeing you out on the road again soon!

The mentioned official tour announcement should be coming later this week or early next week from what I've been able to gather. For all the latest tour rumor details check out this post.

Related Posts:
[Rush Clockwork Angels Live tour DVD to release in May]
[Rush 2013 Clockwork Angels tour rumor update]
[Rush 2013 Clockwork Angels tour announcement coming soon?]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tour official attendance and sales figures]
[Rush confirm plans for 2013 North American Clockwork Angels tour]
[Robe Lighting website feature on Rush's Clockwork Angels tour; confirms 2013 North American tour?]
[Rush to film Phoenix and Dallas shows for live DVD release]
[Interview with Clockwork Angels String Ensemble violinist and concert master Joel Derouin]
[Getting to know the Clockwork Angels String Ensemble]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tour setlist update]
[Clockwork Angels tour opening night in Manchester open thread]
[Follow the Clockwork Angels tour on Twitter]
[Rush's Clockwork Angels tour to include a string section]
[Official Rush 2012 Clockwork Angels tour announcement and dates!]

Comments

Page 1 of 4 - 1 2 3 4
#33 - Posted 1/19/13 @9:43PM by Enigmaticus [contact]

Regarding Feedback II:

Here's a thought for another covers album for the 2014 40th anniversary (with the new guy) tour: Rush's favorite (non-Rush) "progressive rock" epics. Can you imagine songs like: "Yours Is No Disgrace," "Awaken," "Close To The Edge," "Roundabout," "The Musical Box," "Lucky Man," "Thick As A Brick," "Nights In White Satin," "Fool's Overture," "Crime Of The Century," "Echoes," "Free Hand," "The Wreck" and "A Whiter Shade Of Pale," etc. being reinterpreted by Rush?
#32 - Posted 1/18/13 @6:37PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

I enjoy FeedBack but it rarely makes it into my playlists, and I am of the opinion that it is NOT an official Rush studio album no matter what the boys or any of you say so you can all go to .......just kidding, have an awesome weekend everyone!
#31 - Posted 1/18/13 @10:35AM by random_sample [contact]

I love the idea of a "Feedback 2" type album from Rush in the future. I haven't heard anything about this possibility until this thread and I'm not sure of the chances of it happening, but I would love it ,if they did another album of covers.
#30 - Posted 1/18/13 @10:09AM by rushman110 [contact]

I know it makes sense to delay this until after the tour, but didn't Snakes and Arrows live come out before/during the 2nd leg of that tour? I swear I remember listening to it on the way to the Toronto show in 2008. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to the DVD as I only really want to see a good recording of Manhattan Project with the strings! I got the "B" night in Cleveland but kept hoping the whole night that they'd pull a switcheroo.
#29 - Posted 1/18/13 @6:45AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

you can quote me all you want. Not sure about the e-mails you're referring to however. My post to geddyf was actually meant to be funny but maybe it didn't read like that. I thought his post was so "matter of fact" about what's going to happen that he should be able to at least tell us the setlist for R40.LOL haha nudge nudge wink wink etc. I think the quote of mine you referred to was in response to people discussing whether there would be an R40 Tour or not, and for the record at the time I personally didn't think there would be, UNLESS it was mid to late summer of 2014. Also I would rather see them play 2 or 3 new tracks on an R40 tour if it happens, rather than doing FeedBack 2.Fly By Night would be cool although I would love to see them break out full version Xanadu again. Al and Ged should start hitting the weight room hard so they can tote those big double necks!
#28 - Posted 1/17/13 @6:30PM by jaeger [contact]

Also, if you like, I will never quote you again. :) :)
#27 - Posted 1/17/13 @6:29PM by jaeger [contact]

#23. My point(s) was that in your quoted text you had a point (or at least an opinion agains the idea of FB2.) Also, that the supposed FB2 could have arisen from your original email that entered the minds of other people after you saw such a thing as a possibility. This might have been more obvious if the missing final quote mark in my quote of your previous email had been there. :)

I doubt there will be a FB2 myself.
#26 - Posted 1/17/13 @5:20PM by Rob [contact]

*it*
#25 - Posted 1/17/13 @5:19PM by Rob [contact]

Wouldn't be something if politicians apologized like this when they lie to us?
#24 - Posted 1/17/13 @4:24PM by Runkerry

Yep. May sounded ambitious to see this one hit the shelves. But Clockwork Angels Live as a title, while likely isn't exactly imaginative ; ) Not that I can think of a better title. Just think that DVD or album titles like Exit.....Stage Left, Different Stages, and Time Machine have more resonance. Just a view.

A 'Feedback 2' would be great. I am not at all certain that another studio album will follow as Clockwork Angels will be such a tough act to follow. But I felt that way about Snakes & Arrows!

Page 1 of 4 - 1 2 3 4