Updates and other random Rush stuff

Posted on Friday, April 11, 2014 at 1:50PM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#11 - Posted 4/17/14 @11:40AM by Yellek Under Pressure [contact]

It's hard to watch that preview of Rise of the Kings with that silly, stock, background music.
#10 - Posted 4/12/14 @2:04PM by cagster [contact]

Best song ever.............agreed!
#9 - Posted 4/11/14 @9:16PM by random_sample [contact]

#7- I could be wrong, but I think Alex just sounds unenthusiastic NOW, because they were so busy for the last 4-5 years and maybe he's (shock, horror) enjoying a break. He could be feeling a lot different in 5-6 months ,or whatever...and as they get closer to this spring 2015 date ,he might be feeling more enthused.
Who knows, there could end up being some new material before the tour.

I watched the clip from the "Rise of the Kings" documentary and it seemed odd that there was non-Rush music playing in the background. I thought the people commenting were fine . I'd watch the whole thing just out of curiosity and the chance that something I haven't seen might pop into it.

Unrelated to anything here....has anyone seen a commercial for a HTC smartphone, with Gary Oldman in it? It has Gary Oldman saying "blah blah blah" ....and it seems a lot like Alex's RRHOF speech. Almost ripped off, from Alex. Anyone see this and think the same thing?
#8 - Posted 4/11/14 @7:52PM by The_king_will_Neil [contact]

"ancient electric guitar"? I wonder how he powered it. Must have been a hydroelectric waterfall.
#7 - Posted 4/11/14 @7:03PM by Denny Crane [contact]

Okay, this is twice now that Alex has mentioned a possible tour starting in Spring 2015. On both occasions I get the take away they are not overly excited about it but are being encourage/forced too. They are hot right now and management might be trying to capitalize on the chance.... makes good sense (cents) but when did the RUSH boys lose their voice and veto power? It honestly sounds like they are going to tour even though they really don't want too.

I understand we are on extended bonus time, and probably so do they.

Wishing nothing but good things for those three guys.

DC
#6 - Posted 4/11/14 @6:51PM by clockworkingman [contact]

#4 thanks for the insight! I never find it a momentum killer when watching Rush in Rio but was wondering if it was a bit of a different experience when you're actually in a concert hall.
#5 - Posted 4/11/14 @5:17PM by Rushian Roulette [contact]

whoops, I meant Lord Byron!
#4 - Posted 4/11/14 @5:16PM by Rushian Roulette [contact]

@ #2...'momentum killer'??? Not at all. It was a beatiful thing, perfectly placed and heartwarming. It's not like they snuck in Rivendell for God's sake!

To quote Shakespeare: "as the sword outwears the sheath, and soul wears out the breast, the heart must pause to breathe...and love itself, have rest"
#3 - Posted 4/11/14 @3:53PM by liquidmuse3 [contact]

And punk provocateur/folkie Ted Leo is a massive Rush fan. I counted him coming out going on & on about his love for them to be but one of the turning points in the criticnescenti's final acceptance of them.
#2 - Posted 4/11/14 @3:21PM by clockworkingman [contact]

a friend sent me this...not sure if this has ever been posted here before: link

So I was watching Rush in Rio the other day and when it got to the part where they play The Pass and Bravado, I got to thinking 'wow, this must have been a real momentum killer during the show'. I didn't see the Vapor Trails tour, but can anyone vouch for that? These songs are so interchangeable to me that playing both in a row just doesn't seem to work
#1 - Posted 4/11/14 @1:54PM by audiorushphile [contact]

La Villa Strangiato...Best Song Ever!