Rush's Clockwork Angels tour makes Pollstar's Top 200 North American Tours list

Posted on Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 9:53AM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#10 - Posted 1/14/13 @7:59PM by kjbird [contact]

Hi letterj - uh, yeah -agree with your sentiments on #5

I did go see Andrea Bocelli two Christmas's ago (i know, different ballpark, my musical tastes are a bit bi-polar). I paid a pretty penny, but it was a rare opportunity and a long time dream come true since 1997, when he released "Romanza" . I guess it's not too bi-polar - i like true talent and musicianship. What was funny was just a few months before I saw Bocelli in Columbus, Oh, Rush was at the same venue. I do have to say, different crowd - different crowd LOL. Nobody stood up until the very end to give respectable claps. I told my hubby, though it was a fantastic experience, i wouldn't see him again unless we happened to be in Lajatico,Tuscany, his hometown, and he was performing at the open air amphitheater.
#9 - Posted 1/11/13 @1:17AM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

Hi kj !...
#5 must be a Joki
#8 - Posted 1/10/13 @10:26AM by dinoman [contact]

The Water Rogers "Wall" show was freakin' amazing. So glad I was able to attend.
#7 - Posted 1/9/13 @12:58PM by jaeger [contact]

#5 Good for Roger Waters!
#6 - Posted 1/9/13 @11:29AM by simon r

I think Barbra`s top price was $500 and Stones were $800 in NY.These were not Hospitality which were £950 in London! The Stones only did 5 shows and would have trounced anyone on price alone as most were £400 in London even in upper tier-you had to be right at back of roof for bargain £100!!Needless I didnt waste any time on them-shame been to every Stones tour since 1973 but refuse those greedy prices-the excuse given was it costs more to put 5 shows on than do a short tour-maybe but you dont need the whole production scene-just some music.I wisely had 2 week vacation to see 4 RUSH shows in September-real music for real fans.
#5 - Posted 1/8/13 @3:50PM by Jaybird [contact]

Interesting that among the rock bands that started in the 70s, Van Halen, Elton, RUSH, Aero, Journey, Kiss, Who, Iron Maiden, - RUSH did pretty well with 9,736, just short of leader VH 10,108.

Exception is Bruce and Roger Waters, who made mega bucks.
#4 - Posted 1/8/13 @1:01PM by Joe

Rush should headline Jazz Fest in New Orleans on May 5th. It would be a perfect high profile showcase right in between their RR HoF Induction and European Tour. The Eagles and Foo Fighters headlined last year, so it does not have to be a jazz band(tho Rush is kind of Jazz Metal).

But it would have to be one set. They could play the first set(A or B) of the CA Tour with Spirit/TS/2112 Encore. 100,000+ crowd, it would be great. They could let the string section enjoy a few more weeks off before bringing them to Europe.

Also, do you guys think there could be a possible SNL Appearance in April to coincide with the RR HoF? Seems like a few NYC Dates are coming, so they will be in the neighborhood.
#3 - Posted 1/8/13 @10:23AM by kjbird [contact]

Somewhere recently i read the top 5 most expensive concert tickets based on avg price....

#5 - Bon Jovi
#4 - Stones
#3 - Paul McCartney (koo koo kachoo)
#2 - Babs (please don't waste good vomit on her)
#1 - Elton John
#2 - Posted 1/8/13 @10:20AM by Lamb Saag [contact]

I should've scrolled to the end of the list: $519.17 for tickets to see the Rolling Stones!!!!

Now I'm REALLY sick.

#1 - Posted 1/8/13 @10:17AM by Lamb Saag [contact]

$263.52 for a ticket to see Barbra Streisand??!!!!

I think I'm gonna be sick...