Friday, October 18, 2013

Rush Clockwork Angels Tour theatrical release November 18th
9:35PM EST | comments (24) |

UPDATE - 11/8@10:00AM: Here's a 30-second trailer for the theatrical release on YouTube:

----- snip -----

UPDATE - 11/7@4:26PM: Note that Canadian fans can purchase tickets and find theaters at Cineplex.com.

UPDATE - 10/31@6:24PM: There's now an official announcement for the November 18th screening, and the event is also now featured at the Fathom Events website. Tickets will be available via the Fathom Events website this evening at 9:12 (21:12).

UPDATE - 10/19@1:15PM: Fandango actually has a number of theaters listed across the country, you just need to enter your zip code on this page.

UPDATE - 10/19@10:11AM: The film is now listed at both Fandango, and Moviefone. The Moviefone listing doesn't have any information attached to it other than the film's name, but the Fandango listing confirms the November 18th release date and has it with a running time of 2 hours and 25 minutes. Neither listing has any theaters or showtimes yet.

UPDATE - 10/19@8:54AM: Reader Mark H pointed out that the Goodrich Quality Theaters locations listed here aren't just in Michigan, but some are also in Indiana and Illinois. If you notice any other listings, please let us know.

According to listings at several Michigan, Indiana and Illinois area theaters owned by Goodrich Quality Theaters, Rush's Clockwork Angels Tour concert film will be getting a theatrical release on November 18th, the day before its release on CD/DVD/Blu-ray. There's been no official announcement as of yet, but it seems that Fathom Events is distributing the film and reader Anita L received a copy of a Fathom Events newsletter announcing the screening at her local Kalamazoo, MI theater. Although these are the only theaters currently listing the film, it will likely be released around the same time at theaters nationwide, with some kind of official announcement in the coming week. Yesterday Rolling Stone posted video of Rush's performance of The Garden from the film, and you can check it out at the Rolling Stone website. On Tuesday, November 19th Rush: Clockwork Angels Tour will be released simultaneously on CD, DVD and Blu-ray and is currently available for pre-order (DVD, Blu-ray, CD). The concert was filmed/recorded on November 28th of last year in Dallas, TX and the primary footage consists of this entire concert which was one of the band's Night A setlists. As a bonus they also include 3 Night B setlist tracks (Middletown Dreams, The Pass and Manhattan Project) from the November 25th show in Phoenix along with a soundcheck recording of Limelight. The DVD/Blu-ray also includes a 25-minute tour documentary titled Can't Stop Thinking Big, the intro/intermission/outro tour videos and other exclusive bonus content. You can get all the details in the Rush.com press release and watch the official trailer for the film at this location. There's also a slightly different trailer posted over at the Fadoo Productions website.

Related Posts:
[Geddy Lee talks Clockwork Angels Tour CD/DVD/Blu-ray in new VH1 interview]
[Video premiere of The Garden from Rush's Clockwork Angels Tour CD/DVD/Blu-ray]
[Rush Clockwork Angels Tour CD/DVD/Blu-ray OFFICIAL trailer released]
[Rush Clockwork Angels Tour CD now available for pre-order]
[Geddy Lee talks Clockwork Angels Tour video, Vapor Trails Remixed in new Rolling Stone interview]
[Rush Clockwork Angels Tour CD/DVD/Blu-ray to release November 19th, now available for pre-order]
[Rush Clockwork Angels concert film status update]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tour concert film trailer released]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tour concert video to release September 24th]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tour Dallas open thread]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tour Phoenix open thread]
[Rush to film Phoenix and Dallas shows for live DVD release]

Comments

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3
#24 - Posted 11/1/13 @1:29PM by ythesun [contact]

Anyone in SF attending this (Nov. 18 at Century SF, Market St). Just looking for a rush meetup at a bar for pre-party!! :)
#23 - Posted 10/27/13 @8:57AM by tripdad [contact]

$27.50 for two tickets at a Cinemark in Valleyview, Ohio! Are you kidding me? I just spent $100 on the box set I think I may wait and project it at home myself.
#22 - Posted 10/26/13 @6:04PM by rush21122 [contact]

Delaware regel cinema brandywine is getting it . so happy so close to my house, I never been to any of the dvd/screenings so this will be my first. can't wait...
#21 - Posted 10/25/13 @12:18PM by 1357

Say,any New York City screenings? That would REALLY be cool. Getting DVD pronto man.
#20 - Posted 10/25/13 @12:05AM by drummerboy2112

here's a proper link:

and I like the pre-chorus thing, but if it was in a different key, no, wait, I dont want anything there :)
#19 - Posted 10/25/13 @12:02AM by drummerboy2112

#18, appreciate the comment, but way too much for me,
these parts hurt the song for me, and my real intention was to add this little bit at the end, I couldnt get the right length bc Ged starts singing so I faded it out, but I think the point is there, i.e. I would have shortened the outro (by 8-10 bars or so) and do a red barchetta feel, and tie in the original melody

www.myallergycenter.com/TheGardenREMIX2.mp3

anyways, I have this version on my usb in the car, and its so much nicer :)
#18 - Posted 10/24/13 @8:48PM by kennyplay1 [contact]

drummerboy2112 ... oh, the remix.... ouch, i really miss the pre-chorus..
#17 - Posted 10/24/13 @12:06PM by Rushannadanna [contact]

lisa....let's go
#16 - Posted 10/23/13 @8:32PM by kjbird [contact]

Just bought my tickets for the showing! Anyone around Cincinnati area, Regal theater in Mason, Ohio!!. I saw on some site may also be playing at Rave in Milford, and Showcase in Springdale? The fandango site only brings up theaters based on zip, wish there was a clean "list" nationwide of all the theaters running the film. I was hoping they would release this in the theaters when the DVD production was announced and my wish certainly came true! Another opportunity for Rush fans to assemble and enjoy the tour!!

Shout out to cajava!! Hope to see you there too!
#15 - Posted 10/23/13 @1:28PM by Rubinowits [contact]

FYI - Regal cinemas in Seattle is playing the concert on Monday Nov. 18 at 7Pm. Get yer tix via Fandango - I did. See you there.

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3