Thursday, January 10, 2013

Rush 2013 Clockwork Angels tour rumor update
4:32PM EST | comments (25) |

UPDATE - 1/18@8:11PM: I'm now also hearing that Rush will be playing at the Riverbend Amphitheater in Cincinnati on July 2nd.

Last month Rush confirmed that they planned to extend the North American Clockwork Angels tour into 2013 via this message that was posted to Rush.com:

... Clockwork Angels 2013 in Europe is on sale now. And just because we had such a good time, we are now making plans for more dates in the spring and summer of 2013 in North America - so stay tuned for more announcements. Looking forward to seeing you out on the road again soon!

Earlier in the week I speculated that the official tour announcement should be coming soon given that the tour will presumably begin in April. We'd also begun to hear some chatter on classic rock radio about tour dates this past weekend, which is also a good sign that official information is coming soon. Since then I've received some updated information along with a few more rumored tour stops so I thought I'd post another update. The latest I've been hearing is that we can expect the announcement later next week or early the week after. Over this past weekend NJ classic rock station 105.5 WDHA announced on the air that there will be a Rush show at Radio City Music Hall later this year in addition to other NYC-area shows but didn't give any specific dates. And Chicago's WLUP made a similar on-air announcement earlier this week regarding an upcoming Chicago-area Rush show which I have since heard will take place on June 28th at the First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre in Tinley Park. I've also heard from reliable sources that Rush will be making a return to the Milwaukee Summerfest for a show around the 4th of July; they will be playing a show at the Trump Taj Mahal in Atlantic City on May 11th; and they'll hit the BB&T Center (formerly the BankAtlantic Center) in Ft. Lauderdale on April 26th. Remember that these are just rumored dates; nothing is official yet. I'll be sure to post any further information as I learn it.

Related Posts:
[Rush 2013 Clockwork Angels tour announcement coming soon?]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tour official attendance and sales figures]
[Rush confirm plans for 2013 North American Clockwork Angels tour]
[Robe Lighting website feature on Rush's Clockwork Angels tour; confirms 2013 North American tour?]
[Rush to film Phoenix and Dallas shows for live DVD release]
[Clockwork Angels VIP package merchandise finally shipping]
[Interview with Clockwork Angels String Ensemble violinist and concert master Joel Derouin]
[Getting to know the Clockwork Angels String Ensemble]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tour setlist update]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tourbook now available online]
[Clockwork Angels tour opening night in Manchester open thread]
[Clockwork Angels tourbook and other merchandise now available at the Rush Backstage Club]
[New Rush Backstage Club contest: Win a Rush meet & greet!]
[Follow the Clockwork Angels tour on Twitter]
[Rush's Clockwork Angels tour to include a string section]
[Official Rush 2012 Clockwork Angels tour announcement and dates!]

Comments

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3
#25 - Posted 1/20/13 @1:00AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

Furthermore, the fact that is most telling is that those individuals who says things like "Rush sucks," are incapable of articulating a reasonably intelligent response, upon being asked why they hold this point of view. When asked why, their response is usually "because I say so." Therefore, their arguments are invalid. As far as I am concerned, if you are unable to defend your position, you should not say anything!
#24 - Posted 1/20/13 @12:41AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

#6.

I am really sorry to hear that you have to put up with this. Of course, it has been my experience that there are two kinds of people in this world: those who enjoy the music of Rush and/or progressive rock and idiots. I have never met an intelligent person, who upon being introduced to Rush, did not like them. Conversely, I have never met an intelligent person who has detested Rush. In fact, I have based my friendships upon this fact. If they do not enjoy the music of Rush, they will never be my true friends.
#23 - Posted 1/19/13 @4:13PM by jmreidfo [contact]

If Cinci is the closest for me then I'm there...I still think Nashville may be in the mix (?) but I'll take Cinci...

How's the viewing there and how are the 'camera NAZI's?' Anal? Loose? Just wondering...
#22 - Posted 1/15/13 @5:00PM by Field [contact]

Summerfest, awesome! Time Machine tour was a great memory I will never, ever forget. YYZ performed with fireworks going off over the Milwaukee lakefront/skyline. Cannot wait!!!
#21 - Posted 1/14/13 @11:54AM by simon r

No 11-Can recommend Molson Ampitheatre -lovely place by Lake Ontario.Even the lawns offer good views and really cheap. Toronto is lovely city anyway. I find the crowds special there to.I went there for Vapor Trails tour and fell in love with the place-been back 2004,2008,2010 for RUSH tours. Alas we dont have anywhere like that in England-all flat fields alas.
I can also recommend the Quebec D`ETE festival if they play there like 2010-its in July and they have loads of things going on for about $50 all inclusive-they have had Maiden, Santana in past-imagine seeing bands like that for $50 not per show per week!-must be bargain of current times. I should work for Canadian tourist board but dont.Done Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and Quebec on various tours.
#20 - Posted 1/14/13 @11:20AM by simon r

No 6 Thats dreadful-you have my sympathies. Cant you get some friends round to jump up and down on ceiling? invite the landlord round to hear what you put up with-then suggest you pay half rent and that clown pays the other half till he stops making your life a misery. Shouldnt he be evicted for A not liking RUSH and B singing like Sea Lion Dion? Email Mr Danniels today!
#19 - Posted 1/11/13 @3:12PM by rush25x [contact]

Yeah. With all seriousness. Someone should contact Rush's tour manager and beg them not play the Etess Arena. That place was built for boxing and is a total craphole for concerts. Saw the 2008 show there and it was not a pleasant experience from a venue perspective. They would be much better off playing Revel instead. Much nicer facility designed for concerts.
#18 - Posted 1/11/13 @11:14AM by 4syrinx [contact]

Flew back for the July 4 show in Atlantic City ( Estes Arena at Trump ) for the Snakes tour. It sucked. The first 10 rows or so are nothing but comped blue hairs. They knew nothing of the band, so much so that in one of Neil's updates he notes that he and his bandmates were not into that gig at all, no energy from the band that night. The worst Rush show of my 50 or so. I kicked myself in the ass for traveling cross country for that trip.
#17 - Posted 1/11/13 @9:35AM by LovinDaRush [contact]

Was hoping for the Cruzan Ampitheater in West Palm instead of the BB&T (crappy acoustics), but if they're coming down to So. FL, what am I complaining about???
#16 - Posted 1/11/13 @8:52AM by GE Filter [contact]

Memphis. Why has this town been deprived in the past. Come on guys do the home of the blues the pleasure of rocking the river city. We will even throw in an Elvis t-shirt. After the show make your way to Atlanta for another blow out show at Verizon.

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3