Thursday, April 19, 2012

Official Rush 2012 Clockwork Angels tour announcement and dates!
6:14AM EST | comments (130) |

UPDATE - 4/21@5:08PM: The Rush Music Today site now lists all 10 of the dates that are going on sale this week; Manchester, Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia, Newark, Brooklyn, Boston, Buffalo, Anaheim and LA. Although the link is currently hidden, to sign up for (or login with your account from previous tours) the Music Today Rush Fan Community just go to this link. I now have all 33 of the shows loaded into the RIAB tour page, and will be continually updating the listings with pre-sale/on-sale information as it comes in - so check back regularly. I also have the interactive tour map up and running again on the tour page.

UPDATE - 4/20@12:05PM: Pre-sales for several of the shows will begin this coming Monday and Tuesday with regular on-sales kicking off next Friday, April 27th and Saturday, April 28th. There will be a fan pre-sale that should be officially announced via the Rush.com newsletter within the next few days, along with Citi Card pre-sales and VIP packages (package details here). So if you haven't signed up for the newsletter yet, you can do so at Rush.com. Currently no information regarding the timing of the VIP pre-sales is given on the Ticketmaster or Live Nation websites, but judging by past experience, these will kick-off on Monday or Tuesday morning; I'll be going with that assumption until we learn otherwise. The fan pre-sale will once again be handled by Music Today, who just updated their website this morning with some Clockwork Angels tour branding and the first batch of pre-sales. So far they have the pre-sales for Manchester, Chicago, Philadelphia, Newark, Boston, Buffalo and Anaheim listed, all of which will kick-off beginning Monday at 12PM (local venue time). For a guide to all the different pre-sales, check out my pre-sales guide. The information contained in the guide pertains to the 2011 tour, but it should also be applicable to the 2012 tour for the most part. I'll be updating the guide as we get more updated information. I've also begun loading all of the dates along with all the pre-sale/on-sale information into the tour section. They should all be in there by the end of the weekend.

UPDATE - 4/19@12:38PM: Here's the official press release. It contains these comments from Neil Peart regarding Headlong Flight:

... "In late 2011, my drum teacher Freddie Gruber, towards the end of his long and adventurous 84 years, was reminiscing among friends and former students. Often he would shake his head and say, 'I had quite a ride. I wish I could do it all again.' That is not a feeling I have ever shared about the past -- I remain glad that I don't have to do it all again. While working on the lyrics for 'Headlong Flight,' the last song written for Clockwork Angels, I tried to summarize my character's life and adventures. My own ambivalence colored the verses, while Freddie's words inspired the chorus 'I wish that I could live it all again.'" ...

----- snip -----

UPDATE - 4/19@10:04AM: The dates (most of them at least) are now listed at LiveNation and Ticketmaster. Pre-sales will begin next Tuesday, April 24th. I'll have more information on pre-sales in the upcoming days, and I'll also be loading everything onto my tour page.

UPDATE - 4/19@8:10AM: Here are the Rush VIP ticket package details:

CLOCKWORK ANGELS TOUR PACKAGE
* One reserved ticket located within the first 15 rows of the stage
* Exclusive Rush tour shirt
* Collectible tour poster (numbered, limited)
* Official tour program
* Specially designed tote bag
* Set of official guitar picks
* Commemoritive concert ticket
* Commemorative tour laminate

----- snip -----

UPDATE - 4/19@6:35AM: In celebration of the tour announcement, the Rush Backstage Club is now selling an official Clockwork Angels t-shirt. They also have a vinyl version of the album available for pre-order (also on Amazon.com).

As expected, sometime last night Rush.com posted the official Clockwork Angels tour dates. What was unexpected was that they also included an official video for Headlong Flight which you can check out at the bottom of this post or on YouTube! It turns out the original 33 dates that were leaked 2 days ago were spot-on except for the fact that the Indianapolis show will indeed take place indoors at the Bankers Life Fieldhouse rather than the Klipsch Center as reported last week. So the 2012 Clockwork Angels tour will consist of 3 legs of 12, 12 and 9 respectively, making a total of 33 dates. Some of the dates will be going on sale as soon as next Friday! Here's the tour itinerary from Rush.com:

Sept 7: Manchester, NH - Verizon Wireless Arena (on sale Fri. April 27th)
Sept 9: Washington, DC - Jiffy Lube Live
Sept 11: Pittsburgh, PA - CONSOL Energy Center
Sept 13: Indianapolis, IN - Bankers Life Fieldhouse
Sept 15: Chicago, IL - United Center (on sale Sat. April 28th)
Sept 18: Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills (on sale Sat. April 28th)
Sept 20: Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
Sept 22: St. Louis, MO - Scottrade Center
Sept 24: Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
Sept 26: Winnipeg, MB - MTS Center
Sept 28: Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Center
Sept 30: Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
Oct 10: Bridgeport, CT - Webster Bank Arena
Oct 12: Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center (on sale Fri. April 27th)
Oct 14: Toronto, ON - Air Canada Center
Oct 18: Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
Oct 20: Newark, NJ - Prudential Center (on sale Fri. April 27th)
Oct 22: Brooklyn, NY - Barclays Center (on sale Fri. April 27th)
Oct 24: Boston, MA - TD Garden (on sale Fri. April 27th)
Oct 26: Buffalo, NY - First Niagra Center (on sale Sat. April 28th)
Oct 28: Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
Oct 30: Charlotte, NC - Time Warner Cable Arena
Nov 1: Atlanta, GA - Verizon Wireless Ampitheater
Nov 3: Tampa, FL - 1-800-ASK-GARY Ampitheater
Nov 13: Seattle, WA - Key Arena
Nov 15: San Jose, CA - HP Pavillion
Nov 17: Anaheim, CA - Honda Center (on sale Fri. April 27th)
Nov 19: Los Angeles, CA - Gibson Ampitheater (on sale Fri. April 27th)
Nov 23: Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand
Nov 25: Phoeniz, AZ - US Airways Center
Nov 28: Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
Nov 30: San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
Dec 2: Houston, TX - Toyota Center

Not much other information regarding the tour was given at this time but they promised more details would be coming. They also announced that there would be a fan pre-sale that would be announced via the Rush newsletter, along with Citi Card pre-sales and VIP packages. So if you haven't signed up for the newsletter yet, you can do so at Rush.com. I'll also be posting all the pertinent information as I learn it. The video for Headlong Flight that they posted is titled as the Official Lyric Video. It has a number of visuals that display the lyrics to the song interspersed with old performance video of Rush and some other steampunk visuals. Here it is:

Related Posts:
[Rush 2012 Clockwork Angels tour dates leaked]
[Rush 2012 Clockwork Angels tour rumor update]
[Rush 2012 Clockwork Angels tour update: official announcement coming April 19th?]
[Possible cover artwork for Rush's Clockwork Angels album, tourbook revealed]
[Rush 2012 tour update: Neil Peart confirms Fall tour]
[Rush Clockwork Angels, 2012 tour rumor update]
[Rush's Clockwork Angels album/tour most-anticipated of 2012]

Comments

Page 1 of 13 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
#130 - Posted 4/24/12 @6:29PM by MMCXII

Live nation! Can I help you? Ah yes, the Rush VIP package. Yes, for 300.00 you get a ticket in the first 15 rows, a ltd edition shirt, a poster you will wrinkle on the way home and a laminate that is most definitely not a backstage pass. And on the day of the show, we will let you know which venue you will go to. What? You want to know what seat you are in? Sorry. I can only guarantee that we will get you into a show in your region. We cannot guarantee a venue choice, that would be the platinum package. Thank you for choosing Live Nation!
#129 - Posted 4/23/12 @7:20PM by daverocks2112 [contact]

No Kansas City date. I was really hoping to see them this summer for my 20th show. Haven't been to any concerts (or much of anything)since I lost my wife in April of 2011.
#128 - Posted 4/22/12 @1:17AM by palidrummer11 [contact]

From your guys' experience, how have the pre-sale (especially from Music Today) been? Did you end up getting really good seats, or just OK seats? I'm going to order from Music Today on the Monday pre-sale to get tix to the Gibson show in Los Angeles.
#127 - Posted 4/21/12 @5:24PM by Rockdoc [contact]

A silly question to add fantasy and fun to the discussion of dates...what do you think the stage setup will look like? Disco-ball blimps as a throwback to the '80s and Signals? Wagon train caravan? Dodge Caravan? Giant fire hydrant belching mist? Hot air balloon belching fire? Rube goldbergian machine with gears & levers that ends in a T-shirt cannon launching T-shirts on a headlong flight into the audience? There's a lot that could be done to spice up the visual effects since most folks are in the nosebleed seats.

Also, I wonder where fantasy set lists can be posted. I find them fascinating, as people share their own favorites while trying to contemplate what other Rush lovers might enjoy from a tour. Will post one later this weekend if the mere thought of it doesn't trigger a collective groan.

Rush on!
#126 - Posted 4/21/12 @2:10PM by benlacy2112 [contact]

So I see that a lot of people's avatars show them with either Geddy, Alex, or both. My question is, how do you guys typically come by the backstage passes? I would really really really like to get backstage for either the Indy or Columbus show. I've seen Rush a dozen times since I was 16 (1996), and I've never been able to score backstage passes. If anybody has any good info regarding this, I would love to hear it.

Thanks!
#125 - Posted 4/21/12 @1:21AM by What-A-Rush

A cool way to end Thanksgiving weekend. Looking forward to the PHX. show on 11-25-12. Hopefully I'll meet a lot of RIAB members. Aiming for the front row AGAIN! Great news! Thanks Ed.
#124 - Posted 4/20/12 @11:41PM by ShowgunSam [contact]

Oh, for the love of all that's holy, guys, please don't skip over Nashville AGAIN. Atlanta at the Verizon Ampitheatre on Nov. 1?? I'll be freezing my freaking ass off if I go there again. I probably be in Orlando by August so maybe I could mosey my way over to Tampa where at least it'll be warm...ish.
#123 - Posted 4/20/12 @8:25PM by palidrummer11 [contact]

Ok guys I have some questions, and I would really appreciate any help!

Would you say that Music Today is the most reliable site if I want to get tickets during the pre-sale? I'm not interested in the VIP packages, but I want to make sure that on Tuesday or whenever pre-sales start, I'm going to the best place for tickets.
Also, when I am on the Music Today site, it says I have to 'register for the fan community' if I want to access ticket pre-sales. What does that mean? I can't find ANY place at all where I can sign up, unless theyre talking about the Rush newsletter on Rush.com. Is that what they're talking about??
This is probably my biggest question. When tickets begin to go on pre-sale, will I get an email from the Rush newsletter and/or the Music Today 'fan community' telling me that the pre-sale tickets are available to buy?
My last question is, why aren't they showing anything about Rush on the CitiCard site? Do they announce it a few days in advance, but just not yet?

Thanks guys, I really need some help with this!!!
#122 - Posted 4/20/12 @3:46PM by wackostu [contact]

Looks like Indi is out for me, and I am stuck with Chi town at the UC. Never been there (the UC, not Chicago). How is it for shows?
#121 - Posted 4/20/12 @3:06PM by TMMB [contact]

#120

No way man..it some ways, it's JUST the beginning!!! :)

Plus, I bet there will be a summer leg with 40+ shows in the US and possibly some in Europe and Japan.

Page 1 of 13 - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13