Friday, April 6, 2012

Rush 2012 Clockwork Angels tour update: official announcement coming April 19th?
10:18AM EST | comments (25) |

Clockwork AngelsYesterday we learned that the Headlong Flight single from Rush's upcoming Clockwork Angels album will be released digitally on Tuesday, April 24th, along with a radio release beginning Thursday, April 19th. There are also rumors of some kind of limited pre-release preview to occur next Wednesday, April 11th, but details regarding this are sketchy at the moment. I've also learned that we may be getting the first official 2012 tour announcement on April 19th to coincide with the radio release. If true and since the tour is not expected to begin until September, I speculate that this will be a general announcement of sorts that will include some of the dates and the general itinerary, but not a full announcement - much like what was done with the 2008 and 2011 tours. Neil Peart had confirmed a Fall tour in an interview last month. On Tuesday we got our first glimpse of what might be the cover art for the album, along with the possible tourbook cover. I was later asked by Rush's management to take down the artwork, but they still seem to be available for viewing on some other websites. The supposed tourbook cover has a distinctive Signals theme to it, which seems to indicate that the album will play a central role to the upcoming tour. The album celebrates the 30th anniversary of its release this coming September 9th. Knowing that Rush played Moving Pictures in its entirety on the last tour to celebrate that album's 30th anniversary, one can't help but speculate that this tourbook cover image may indirectly imply that Rush will be doing the same thing with their Signals album on the upcoming Clockwork Angels tour. Generally speaking, I've been hearing for some time now that the band will be hitting dates in the Midwest and Eastern Canada in September-October, and the Southeastern US in October-November. So far I've only heard of 3 firm dates though; one in Bristow, VA on Sunday, September 9th, one planned date at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh, PA on Tuesday, September 11th, and another at the Klipsch Music Center in Noblesville, IN planned for Thursday, September 13th.

Related Posts:
[Rush 2012 tour update: Neil Peart confirms Fall tour]
[Rush Clockwork Angels, 2012 tour rumor update]
[Rush's Clockwork Angels album/tour most-anticipated of 2012]

Comments

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3
#25 - Posted 4/17/12 @11:01AM by FLY IGGLES FLY [contact]

I'm curious to know where the rumor that Rush will be accompanied by a symphony on the upcoming tour originated. This really catches my attention because it seems to coincide with another rumor I saw here on rushisaband.com that Rush may have decided to do Signals in its entirety on this tour. When I originally saw that I was skeptical because to my knowledge they have never played Losing It live, presumably because of the violin part. But obviously if they tour with a symphony the violin issue is eliminated... interesting.
#24 - Posted 4/9/12 @10:57PM by palidrummer11 [contact]

Does anybody have any word on whether or not / WHEN they will come to Los Angeles?
#23 - Posted 4/6/12 @11:25PM by FavHeadache09 [contact]

lets jsut RELAX jimminy criket you guys are more worried about the tour and venues then the actual album, yes we all know its gonna happen and we all know its gonna make our pants fly off but lets WAIT till that happens.

all i want them to do is to come to chicago, somewhere and me and my father are set for my 3rd show and his 11th - going for way better seats this time round!

favheadache09
Rush trivia: in the live hemispheres tour i have collected 2112 seems to have the more "space like" sound effects, does anyone know how they got it? ;-)
#22 - Posted 4/6/12 @6:31PM by Liverpool 78

Uh huh.

Have a nice weekend.
#21 - Posted 4/6/12 @6:05PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

No, not at all. I hope you two have an awesome trip. I think you know Liver,what my crap reference was about.
#20 - Posted 4/6/12 @4:58PM by Liverpool 78

#19 - I hope you're not suggesting that my sojourn to NY and Toronto is going to be a load of crap? :-)

Liver.
#19 - Posted 4/6/12 @4:27PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Oh Lord, not this crap again!
#18 - Posted 4/6/12 @2:50PM by Liverpool 78

My lovely wife and I are holidaying in New York and Toronto in October.

It would begreat to take in a North American show whilst we're there.

Liver.
#17 - Posted 4/6/12 @2:07PM by onelittlevictory [contact]

"drawn like moths we drift into the..."
#16 - Posted 4/6/12 @1:57PM by random_sample [contact]

#15- Oh yeah? Maybe you need to learn how to read, then. I was referring to post #8. If it isn't too difficult for you, maybe you should read that post, then read mine....
Or, dont. I really wouldn't care either way.

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3