Thursday, October 17, 2013

Video premiere of The Garden from Rush's Clockwork Angels Tour CD/DVD/Blu-ray
9:50AM EST | comments (54) |

Rolling Stone has posted video of Rush's performance of The Garden from their upcoming Clockwork Angels Tour CD/DVD/Blu-ray. You can check it out below or at this location. On Tuesday, November 19th Rush: Clockwork Angels Tour will be released simultaneously on CD, DVD and Blu-ray and is currently available for pre-order (DVD, Blu-ray, CD). The concert was filmed/recorded on November 28th of last year in Dallas, TX and the primary footage consists of this entire concert which was one of the band's Night A setlists. As a bonus they also include 3 Night B setlist tracks (Middletown Dreams, The Pass and Manhattan Project) from the November 25th show in Phoenix along with a soundcheck recording of Limelight. The DVD/Blu-ray also includes a 25-minute tour documentary titled Can't Stop Thinking Big, the intro/intermission/outro tour videos and other exclusive bonus content. You can get all the details in the Rush.com press release and watch the official trailer for the film at this location.

Related Posts:
[Rush Clockwork Angels Tour CD/DVD/Blu-ray OFFICIAL trailer released]
[Rush Clockwork Angels Tour CD now available for pre-order]
[Geddy Lee talks Clockwork Angels Tour video, Vapor Trails Remixed in new Rolling Stone interview]
[Rush Clockwork Angels Tour CD/DVD/Blu-ray to release November 19th, now available for pre-order]
[Rush Clockwork Angels concert film status update]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tour concert film trailer released]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tour concert video to release September 24th]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tour Dallas open thread]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tour Phoenix open thread]
[Rush to film Phoenix and Dallas shows for live DVD release]

Comments

Page 1 of 6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6
#54 - Posted 10/22/13 @7:51PM by drummerboy2112

I know it doesn't matter to many that they win a Grammy and it doesn't matter to me either but he needs to direct the songs to be timeless, like 30 other rush tunes That anyone can name off the top of their heads
#53 - Posted 10/22/13 @7:46PM by drummerboy2112

To eshine, let me know when the producer of 'the garden' wins a Grammy For the song or the album.

Seems to me my version and his have the same exact probability of winning one
Which is zero, hence the reason I threw this out there, nick needs to go

Doesn't it bother anyone that he won a grammy with the foos and can't get there with his skills and the greatest rock trio ever? So who's fault is it the band or his? Or both? Hell I'm not even sure

Doesn't matter if it's sloppy, again, i did it in 2 minutes but it flows infinitely better than the original
To my ears anyways, and ill listen to mine more than the original
#52 - Posted 10/22/13 @2:11PM by eshine [contact]

You sloppily deleted the chorus of the song dude

I would venture to say a career in producing is not in the cards for you ;)
#51 - Posted 10/21/13 @11:42PM by drummerboy2112

I know this is going to get a *lot* of crap, but here it is anyways, I had to remix the Garden with what I thought was a better flowing tune. I know, I know, this is sacriligeous, but man, I couldnt help myself on this one. The song was too good to have it, in my mind, killed by these pre-choruses between the verses. I would have cut them out, they dont contribute to the flow or the song, to my ears anyways.

*flame suit on*

oh, and Ed has nothing to do with this, this is on my site, and it's essentially no different than the links posted by Ed by others who have remixed Rush tunes, tribute bands, to Jacob Moon to the Tom Sawyer remix from Small Soldiers.
#50 - Posted 10/19/13 @12:12AM by Pat [contact]

I'm coming to this clip late, very glad to find it after a day not checking RIAB. It seems like the comments are talking past each other a bit, with some people saying that Geddy's not singing his best and others saying "but he's 59 years old at the end of a 3-hour show." In any case, I'll buy the disc immediately upon release and I'll enjoy it immensely, but it's true that he goes flat on several parts of "The Garden," and I guess it's good to have a "real" document of a real show, but I do kinda wish they'd have gone in to overdub some of the parts. When you're in the emotion of seeing the live show, you might not notice much, but in the clarity of BluRay 5.0 whatever, these pitch problems are pretty egregious. And, yes, I know he's giving it his all and he's been going strong for a long time. I even think his vocals have improved over the past decade (compared to when I saw them in the 80s and 90s), so I think I am giving him the benefit of the doubt, and I'll always gladly listen even to pitchy Rush.
#49 - Posted 10/18/13 @9:39PM by rush21122 [contact]

to me, time machine wasn't needed... they could have skipped that.
#48 - Posted 10/18/13 @6:54PM by Liverpool 78

Sorry, of course I mean Rush IS a triumvirate.

Liver.
#47 - Posted 10/18/13 @6:49PM by Liverpool 78

Rush are a triumvirate.

This isn't Geddy Lee and his backing band.

Listen to Rush, the whole Rush and nothing but the Rush.

If you get Rush then you're moved by EVERYTHING you hear. If you don't get it and can't roll with the changes after this band being together for nearly 40 years... forget it.

Liver.
#46 - Posted 10/18/13 @5:57PM by John E. [contact]

@JohnnyTRacer: Nope...this song does not bring me to tears. No Rush tune brings me to tears to be honest. Its not that kind of band for me. The music of the tune sounds emotional enough but I don't relate to Neil's lyrics the way I used to when I was younger.

I feel very isolated from his viewpoints and politics. His atheistic rants put up a barrier for me. I still like to rock out though and as long as the band continues to do that, I'll listen.

The last time I was brought to tears by a song was Eddie Vedder's "Goodbye". I listened to it after I lost a friend to cancer and it hit a little too close to home. I can't help but think of the pain my friend's wife was enduring at the end of his life. F*cking cancer.

You know what? I take that back. If Rush ever played Hemispheres in its entirety I might be brought to tears out of pure joy.
#45 - Posted 10/18/13 @4:10PM by grace.pressure [contact]

I had thought the same thing about Geddy's voice and his timing, but not much to be done for it. Will still enjoy, and hope the rest isn't as bad.

Page 1 of 6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6