Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Clockwork Angels audiobook narrated by Neil Peart
3:22PM EST | comments (14) |

UPDATE - 6/21@8:29AM: Kevin J. Anderson posted the following regarding the audiobook yesterday to his blog:

With the novel-and the audiobook-due to be released at the beginning of September, to coincide with the launch of Rush's Clockwork Angels tour, we had no time to lose. Before Neil could read the audio, we had to get all the editing finished on the prose, all the corrections made, all the last-minute fine-tuning done. And we had to wrap up before Rush began their intense rehearsals for the tour.

I received the final galley pages of the novel to proofread, while Neil went into the studio to record the audiobook, and I tried to stay one day ahead of him so I could send in corrections and sentence changes before he recorded the words. I received email reports from him every day, telling me Our Hero's progress across the steampunk landscapes of Albion, Poseidon City, Atlantis, and the Seven Cities, his encounters with the Watchmaker, the Anarchist, the Wreckers...all while I was up in Seattle with Brian Herbert brainstorming the intricate plot for MENTATS OF DUNE. My head was in two universes (not counting the real one) but every night I took a few hours before bed to proofread as much as possible, send in more corrections...and we finally got it done.

I can't wait to hear it myself, but since I've read the novel six times in the past three months, I think I'll let the imagination-dust settle for a little bit! ...

----- snip -----

Clockwork Angels audiobook narrated by Neil PeartKevin J. Anderson's novelization of Rush's Clockwork Angels album will release via ECW Press this September to coincide with the launch of Rush's North America tour. The official press release announcing the novel was released a couple of weeks ago and revealed that the audiobook will be narrated by Neil Peart himself. According to a tweet from Anderson earlier this afternoon, Neil is recording the audiobook today:

Neil's in studio recording audiobook of CLOCKWORK ANGELS, I'm in Seattle proofing typeset pages & we're both in the world of the Watchmaker

You can pre-order the audiobook version of Clockwork Angels at this location, and the hardcover edition here.

Related Posts:
[Clockwork Angels novel sampler booklet at Book Expo America]
[Clockwork Angels: The Novel official press release]
[Clockwork Angels novelization cover art now available]
[Clockwork Angels novelization by Kevin J. Anderson and Neil Peart now available for pre-order]
[Kevin J. Anderson's novelization of Rush's Clockwork Angels album due out this Fall from ECW Press]
[Author Kevin J. Anderson to write novelization of Rush's upcoming Clockwork Angels album]

Comments

#14 - Posted 6/15/12 @11:08AM by bucklemyshoe [contact]

I wonder if the book/narrative will have foot notes, stating:

"Stop reading/listening....Play Caravan here"

"Stop reading/listening....Play The Anarchist here"
#13 - Posted 6/14/12 @6:29AM by jaeger [contact]

Narration chops? Maybe one of us with the chops can do their own narration and Youtube it, to see which version is more satisfying. :)
#12 - Posted 6/14/12 @5:47AM by Liverpool 78

#10 liver is your favourite food?? Oh dear. You could do with getting someone to help you broaden your culinary horizons.

Liver.
#11 - Posted 6/13/12 @10:39PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

#8
Technology too old school for ya ?
#10 - Posted 6/13/12 @5:21PM by LedRush [contact]

#9

I like to end my posts with my favorite food.

Liver
#9 - Posted 6/13/12 @4:46PM by Liverpool 78

Re #2 - ??

Liver.
#8 - Posted 6/13/12 @4:37PM by Pale_Facsimile [contact]

Wait.... this is hilarious... right? He's doing the narration for the audiobook? OMG I just LOL'ed.. ROFL, WTF,GTG TTYL, BU2B

But seriously, I can't be the only one that finds this hysterical, right?

Endlessly Rocking,
PF
#7 - Posted 6/13/12 @4:28PM by drmike [contact]

BTW #5 Audio books can be anywhere from 2 1/2 hrs to 32 hr long. Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged is 62 hrs long (not even going to try it...).
#6 - Posted 6/13/12 @4:25PM by drmike [contact]

CA the Novel is 270 or so pages so I would expect it to be about 6 hours long, depending on reading speed. Neil can be very expressive when he's talking so let's hope he has a good director.

Audiobooks are great. I used to read myself to sleep and it would sometimes take a couple of hours to fall asleep. With audiobooks, the light is already off, my eyes are already closed, and it takes me about 10 minutes to get to sleep (and my wife never complains about the light being on)!
#5 - Posted 6/13/12 @4:14PM by tr1gger [contact]

That must be some undertaking - I have never had an audio book what's the average duration?

Rush: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Excellence