Rush's debut album reenters the Billboard 200 album chart at #127

Posted on Thursday, May 8, 2014 at 9:19AM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#14 - Posted 5/19/14 @11:17PM by shake8866

From 22 matches of the 2011 to 2014 of 46 games, almost every weekend there's a big [url=link Free 5.0[/b][/url] Marathon. The most famous case of Xiamen International Marathon, 10 years brought to Xiamen by direct operating income reached 1.072 billion yuan. It also makes "fame, both" almost become favored places Marathon best interpretation.

However, contrasts with the fame [url=link Free 5.0 Mens[/b][/url] and fortune that the marathon organization, a medical condition has been subjected to criticism, organisers about running woefully inadequate security public guidelines and publicity. Our medical staff are more disease, rather than the patient. Health care points and wait for patients ' home State, but also is far from Tokyo Marathon fit in practice. In other words, we didn't have a scale, but a people-centred and considerate.
#13 - Posted 5/12/14 @7:50PM by What-A-Rush

#5, I agree with you. I'll take the first album OVER 'Test For Echo' any day of the week.
#12 - Posted 5/9/14 @11:33AM by jiminseattle [contact]

I have a fond spot for T4E for the following but would still put it in the bottom third of Rush releases. In the mid 80's I kind of (blasphemous)abandoned Rush. In 1998 a neighbor of mine turned me onto Echo and I dug it and it got me back into the band in a huge way. For that and him I am thankful as I have seen every show since and even though the last show was not a favorite of mine due to the venue, I still put Clockwork Angels at the top of my list. J
#11 - Posted 5/9/14 @11:14AM by cagster [contact]

I have always listed T4E 2nd to last and RUSH last. I have been listening to T4E the last couple of days and it may take over RUSH for last. I do agree with Musicofthespheres though on the songwriting, however for me it is still becoming a toss up.
#10 - Posted 5/9/14 @10:32AM by dinoman [contact]

I would say that we have no idea what kind of drummer John Rutsey was. What if the only thing we knew about Alex and Geddy, as musicians, was that first album? The first album is a very narrow view into their skills and abilities.
#9 - Posted 5/9/14 @10:10AM by Will Collier [contact]

As I've noted before, it's a shame they didn't take this opportunity to remix the first album. As anybody who's heard the remixed "Vault Edition" of Working Man can tell you, Rutsey got a really raw deal in the original mixes, even after Terry Brown tried to clean them up.
#8 - Posted 5/9/14 @9:29AM by Micky [contact]

Definitely agree with #7. No way Rush is better than T4E. As said by Craig, it's a discrete-to-good album for what it is.
Talking about JR, with due respect, he was a honest hard rock drummer, nothing more. A nice guy, the first drummer of the band, whatever, but NP is light years ahead. But I understand what a friend of mine is still keeping on saying: he used to play a Ludwig ! :-)
#7 - Posted 5/9/14 @1:01AM by musicofthespheres [contact]

lol, cpb. I know opinions are entitled to us and subjective and all that, so I'm just responding in good fun. But "the first album. Better than T4E" genuinely made me laugh. T4E was maybe not the most inspired songwriting, but I think it sounds great -- better than three records of the 2000s even, though I certainly think they are far better albums overall. And T4E is still Pratt writing the lyrics -- so even though the lyrics are playful and not very deep, they're still clever and worth my time. Which I can definitely NOT say about the first album.

Love gravity and distance...dig Alex's solo in Carve Away...Monster Mash...etc...
#6 - Posted 5/9/14 @12:40AM by CraigJ [contact]

In honor of this I am listening to the first album. It's not my favorite, but it's pretty good for what it is.
#5 - Posted 5/8/14 @10:22PM by cpb [contact]

Incidentally, for those who wonder what the first album would have been like if Neil had played drums on it, just think of "Best I Can" and "In The End" - both songs from FBN that predated Neil (or in the case of the latter, he didn't write the lyrics for).

To me Rush going from Rutsey to Peart was a bit like Yes going from Peter Banks to Steve Howe: the new guy is so phenomenal it's easy to forget that the other guy was actually really good.

Long live the first album. Better than T4E.
#4 - Posted 5/8/14 @10:14PM by OotS [contact]

Long live John Rutsey. Underrated and underappreciated. He played the drums on friggin' Working Man, the song that broke the band, and one of the classic songs in rock history.
#3 - Posted 5/8/14 @2:30PM by CraigJ [contact]

I will be sure to stay off of your lawn.
#2 - Posted 5/8/14 @10:24AM by Rubinowits [contact]

So I have to tweet to enter the contest? No deal. Tweeting is for twits. Not jumping on that trend-sucking bandwagon.
#1 - Posted 5/8/14 @9:23AM by Will Collier [contact]

I wonder how many actual sales that represents. It only takes a small number of thousands to break the top 100 these days.