Updates and other random Rush stuff

Posted on Friday, April 18, 2014 at 12:06PM

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3
#54 - Posted 4/23/14 @11:56AM by bucklemyshoe [contact]

Saga is an awesome band - In my top five. From their debut album, some awesome songs:

The Perfectionist: link

Ice Nice: link

Great progressive songs - wait until the 04:00 minute mark on Ice Nice to be totally blown away.
#53 - Posted 4/23/14 @10:48AM by ythesun [contact]

Have always enjoyed this site and interacting with fellow Rush believers and lovers. They carry on; how fantastic is that? Just a word to Ed - make money off of it, but not with these ads that link to Miley Cyrus-like National Enquirer web trash. Neither mine eyes nor my mind can deal with it and I'll lay off, even in this slow news cycle. Please?
#52 - Posted 4/22/14 @11:23AM by CraigJ [contact]

#45 - not sure about that. Maybe at a very high level. I know I don't fit into either of those. I like PF but the rest of them I could take or leave. While I can listen to metal, I usually don't. I do have some Iron Maiden in my play list and a bit of Priest, but that's about it. The majority of the stuff I listen to other than Rush in my current play list: Air, Alan Parsons Project, Archangelo Corelli, Ben Neill, Depeche Mode, Genesis, Herb Alpert, Iron Maiden, Jeff Beck, Joe Satriani, Bach, Judas Priest, Massive Attack, Tchailovsky, The Police, Pretty Lights, Thievery Corporation, Thomas Dolby and Tool.

That's this week. I challenge you to spot a pattern because I sure can't.
#51 - Posted 4/21/14 @10:12PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Cool Jupe, thanks for giving the Monkeys a shot but they are not for everyone just like another band we love eternally.
#50 - Posted 4/21/14 @10:07PM by jupeguy [contact]

Jim, I tried some Arctic Monkeys and I'm just not feeling it.Will give it another shot later. Saga's first four albums were really good. "On The Loose" was probably their most played song on the radio but far from their best song.
#49 - Posted 4/21/14 @8:38PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Oh and thanks Joe, I agree with your assessment.
#48 - Posted 4/21/14 @8:37PM by jiminseattle [contact]

The only song I have heard from Saga is called "On the loose" I believe. Killer tune.
#47 - Posted 4/21/14 @8:23PM by jupeguy [contact]

Saga- another great band from Trawnna (as us hicks call it)
#46 - Posted 4/21/14 @7:58PM by jupeguy [contact]

Craig- when I first started listening to Subsignal a few years back the band they first reminded me of was Saga.
#45 - Posted 4/21/14 @7:22PM by joerock213 [contact]

Jim- speaking of some Rush fans not liking the Beatles, I've noticed that fans tend to fall into two general camps concerning the music they prefer other than Rush. Those who are into the heavy metal/distortion type bands PT, etc., and those fans of the more classic rock sound or less hard/distortion for example Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Zep, Beatles. For example, I'm a Phish fan. To me they share more with Rush in the songwriting/composition/technical ability department than harder sounding bands who only share the distortion pedal of the last few albums by Rush.
#44 - Posted 4/21/14 @6:48PM by jiminseattle [contact]

An aside. Two Monkeys shows at the Paramount Theater (Capacity: 4000) sold out in one day in Seattle. Wow!
#43 - Posted 4/21/14 @6:31PM by jiminseattle [contact]

No love for the Arctic Monkeys I see. I am crushed, well not really. They are probably one of the hottest bands in England right now and Europe for that matter. The new Beatles. I know many of you don't care for the Beatles but I do.
#42 - Posted 4/21/14 @5:03PM by jaeger [contact]

I´m an etymology freak, and just came across this one and had to share:

"race (v.)
c.1200, rasen "to rush," from a Scandinavian source akin to the source of race (n.1), reinforced by the noun in English and by Old English cognate ræsan "to rush headlong, hasten, enter rashly." " Yeah, oh yeah!
#41 - Posted 4/21/14 @4:26PM by CraigJ [contact]

And that's a good thing.
#40 - Posted 4/21/14 @4:25PM by CraigJ [contact]

#37 - kinda reminds me of Kansas+Styx+Rush+Yes with a dash of Scorpions.
#39 - Posted 4/21/14 @3:05PM by cagster [contact]

Craig,
Try some Wolfmother
Start with Joker and the Thief and In the Castle.
They have the heavier element.
#38 - Posted 4/21/14 @1:36PM by jupeguy [contact]

2 out of three worked...oh well. Plus I just realized I wrote "chopper" liver instead of chopped, DUH.
#37 - Posted 4/21/14 @1:33PM by jupeguy [contact]

See if these links work

#36 - Posted 4/21/14 @1:31PM by CraigJ [contact]

#32 - Hey! You're welcome. LoL
#35 - I thought it apropos given the day. No offense intended.
#35 - Posted 4/21/14 @1:15PM by jiminseattle [contact]

@ 30, I wouldn't have phrased it that way but I didn't get #29 as well.