Updates and other random Rush stuff

Posted on Friday, December 27, 2013 at 12:18PM

Page 1 of 4 - 1 2 3 4
#72 - Posted 1/3/14 @10:27AM by lisah [contact]

#70, Thanks. I always enjoy readjng your posts also. I always pick up something new about Rush, and that is a good thing. So much to learn about their music, that there's no wonder it's like a hobby.I agree about the personal lives of Rush. I don't really care too much what theg do, just that the music will be forthcoming. I don't necessarily agree with a lot of Neils personal views, but I just don't read them. It's all about the music for me and as long as that doesn't suffer, I am okay.Here's hoping 2014 brings good things to Rush and to Rushians everywhere.

I am upset that Yes was once again passed over by the RRHOLame! BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!

RUSH ON!
#71 - Posted 1/2/14 @12:48AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

I am of the opinion that whatever Neil Peart does privately is his own business. I am not going to speculate about his appearance. We should be very grateful that this maestro of percussion still has an interest in putting forth his best effort and that he still continues to pen very insightful lyrics.
#70 - Posted 1/2/14 @12:41AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

The same to you, lisah. I am always interested in reading your posts. I hope that you have a fantastic year, also!
#69 - Posted 12/31/13 @12:01PM by lisah [contact]

Wishing everyone here a safe and Happy New Year.Happy 40th Anniversary to Rush and thanks to Ed for getting us through another year and another tour. Here's to the next album and the next tour, whenever that might happen! Rush On into the New Year!
#68 - Posted 12/31/13 @9:05AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Someone stated previously that with Neil wearing a hearing aid maybe that is the reason his drums seem lost in the mix of the CA blu-ray/DVD's. First of all I don't think Neil would have anything to do with it, he would just be trusting the people who were hired to handle it.Probably Ged and Al are invovled in the process as they have been in the past. If anything, IF the final result was played to Neil before it was released he should have been saying "am I even playing here?" Like I've said before guitar players must LOVE this mix, but as a drummer I hate it! Even though it's just a small cross section of people I think Ed's poll speaks volumes about how people honestly feel about the CA blu-ray/DVD's. I e-mailed Anthem/SRO and expressed my disappointment in the mix. I told them that if the audio was on par with the video it could have been one of the best rock concert DVD's EVER!!!!! I have yet to get a response from anyone at Anthem.
#67 - Posted 12/31/13 @8:50AM by subdivincent [contact]

I like Neil's interview - he sure uses his hands a lot to communicate - he's either part Italian.. or a drummer
#66 - Posted 12/31/13 @6:35AM by oldprogrockfan [contact]

It is now 11.30am on New Years Eve,with just 30 min left to work as the Boss is going to send me home at Noon!
So a Happy New Year to all Rushisaband fans around the World and to Ed for all his hard work this year on this site

Old prog rock fan
London England.
#65 - Posted 12/30/13 @9:05PM by limelighter [contact]

off topic-----went to my record to see if they had the garden picture disc that was released a month ago on record store day. they did but were not allowed to sell it until after the new year. WTF???
how does that work? they said they had only 2 copies but clearly had more than 10 behind the counter.
i am guaranteed one since i am 2nd on the list. great artwork on it. wow.
anyway, off to detroit for the winter classic. GO LEAFS GO GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!!!! it is geddy's team.
#64 - Posted 12/30/13 @8:48PM by mysticbeat [contact]

Just wanted to say Happy New Year to everyone
in Rush Land. Tomorrow will be working, no time off
for me, so getting this in early.
#63 - Posted 12/30/13 @3:09PM by driventotheedge [contact]

I could not agree more with #62 and #60 the Visuals are truly stunning

also the clockwork angels material kicks ass and how could one describe the Carnies

one word Epic
#62 - Posted 12/30/13 @3:00PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

#60- Visuals-stunning. Audio-below average. IMHO
#61 - Posted 12/30/13 @12:38PM by jiminseattle [contact]

#58. For starters with a band name like Rush, how could you go wrong?
#60 - Posted 12/30/13 @12:19PM by Enigmaticus [contact]

#55,

I could not agree more, I thought that the "Clockwork Angels Tour" BluRay is Rush's best video presentation to date. Now, if Anthem would only release the entire "Exit... Stage Left" concert video on BluRay as well, sometime later this year, then that would definitely be worth buying.
#59 - Posted 12/30/13 @12:15PM by Enigmaticus [contact]

CraigJ,

I do not own an Ipod, nor any other mp3 type devices, therefore I prefer listening to my compact disc collection on either my Bose Acousticwave, or my car stereo.
#58 - Posted 12/30/13 @11:46AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

As I approach my 35th anniversary of my first encounter with the music of Rush, I am led to ask many questions:

What makes an artist great? Is it a random combination of the ability to convey an idea, or an emotion? Is it the ability to improvise at a moment's notice? Is it the ability to create great music, without caring about whether it is unconventional, or unpopular? Is it the ability to have a single minded vision and pursue that muse wherever it takes you? Is it the ability to influence other great musicians, as well?
#57 - Posted 12/30/13 @11:39AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

By the way, I have not been able to access Dave Sokolowski's blog. Whenever I have made the attempt, that link has literally kicked me off the Internet. I wonder if other readers have had the same difficulty. :-(
#56 - Posted 12/30/13 @2:42AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

I had never amassed a large collection of vinyl records. I may have had 40 or 50, at the most. My first vinyl Rush record was "Moving Pictures," which I had purchased in mid February, 1981. I also remember owning a copy of "Caress Of Steel," "2112," "A Farewell To Kings," "Hemispheres," "Permanent Waves," "Exit... Stage Left" and "Signals" on vinyl. At one point, I had a copy of "Chronicles," "All The World's A Stage" and "Exit... Stage Left" on cassette. When compact discs first became available, I had replaced most of my l.p.s with CDs. I had given most of my vinyl records to charity, with the exceptions of: "Caress Of Steel," "Moving Pictures," "Exit... Stage Left," "Dark Side Of The Moon," "Wish You Were Here," "The Wall," "Tales From Topographic Oceans," "Yessongs" and "Physical Graffiti."

I do not remember ever owning either "Rush," or "Fly By Night" on vinyl.
#55 - Posted 12/29/13 @7:59PM by djc2112 [contact]

I finally had a chance to watch the Clockwork Angels concert video.

After all of the negative reviews on Amazon, I was expecting the worst. However, I thought the video was a ton of fun to watch! Lots of nice behind the scenes touches (i.e. Geddy watching Neil during the drum solo)... I thought it was innovative and creative.

As for the sound, I'm not too picky. The volume seemed very low vs. Time Machine, but the sound balance between the guys didn't bother me too much...
#54 - Posted 12/29/13 @7:45PM by marty from clayton [contact]

GREEN BAY PACKERS!!!!!
One BIG Victory.
#53 - Posted 12/29/13 @6:03PM by cpb [contact]

#48 - Posted 12/29/13 @1:35AM by chuteski

That video is ten months old. We had this discussion already.

This is the best point that could possibly have been made in this entire thread.