Updates and other random Rush stuff

Posted on Friday, November 23, 2012 at 11:34AM

#25 - Posted 11/25/12 @7:38AM by rush is best f... the rest [contact]

michinman-I would and it's worth every penny, but don't do it because they are an investment (and they are) but because they will bring you enjoyment and appreciation. I own five MacNaughtan portraits and never have regretted it, they mean more to me with each day, especially with his passing and also the fact that I am in one of them (Red Rocks is a magical place). I know my portraits are worth more $ now and will continue to go up in value but I would never sale them because they are worth much more to me than money. Absolutely purchase one but do it for what it will mean to you.
#24 - Posted 11/25/12 @3:53AM by michinman [contact]

... and they're all autographed of course.
#23 - Posted 11/25/12 @3:51AM by michinman [contact]

Off topic again (and a bit drunk).... I really want to buy this link The few left from Andrew MacNaughtan's estate have been online for several months now. Why? Maybe 'cause I'm still single I can blow my money on such things, but let me ask the true fans... Would you pay $500 for a fine MacNaugton print of Ged. I am... I think. The last $375 Peart one was sold recently and is no longer available. There's a dude in MI who has one but wants $600 for it now.
#22 - Posted 11/25/12 @1:14AM by michinman [contact]

Off topic... I really don't see why people hate the cover art for the 2112 remix disc set. It's certainly not perfect, and I suppose they could have reconsidered the font, especially for the numbers, but I kinda think it works. Despite the absence of "the star" I really think it's consistent with the original artwork and on close inspection, is a bit retro too (look closely at the text). Considering the narrative takes place in the future, the graphics artists who designed the cover could have put TOO much. It's very minimal and true to the original cover art, I believe. I don't know, maybe I'm just artistically stupid. Anyone share my sentiment?
#21 - Posted 11/24/12 @10:42PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

Ruck off, to a sports thread...hoser.
#20 - Posted 11/24/12 @9:19PM by drmike [contact]

1995 Syracuse Orangemen won the Gator Bowl 41-0 over Clemson. Don't have a clue about the rest
#19 - Posted 11/24/12 @5:53PM by jaeger [contact]

Gets better: link
#18 - Posted 11/24/12 @5:50PM by jaeger [contact]

Also note in the Citibank ad, that they have for LA 5150. VH reference as well as a Rush reference
#17 - Posted 11/24/12 @12:04PM by Rockdoc [contact]

Regarding the show recordings in Phoenix and Dallas: I hope they play extra-long shows so they can include everything they've played in any city on tour: Working Man (not my favorite but might be for some), TSOR, Limelight, Body Electric, Dreamline & The Pass, Middletown Dreams, Manhattan Project, all 12 CA songs would be nice if they have them prepared, (Wish them Well, Carnies, Seven Cities with strings since we didn't hear them with strings in Chicago). This tour has been SO wonderful and so unique, it would be a shame to leave out some of the one-off songs.

I'm having some weird Rush dreams lately...I hope they announce the second leg soon so I can plan my summer vacation in 2013 around a Chicagoland Rush date! :-)
#16 - Posted 11/24/12 @3:59AM by robertrobyn [contact]

#7
I agree VH #1 lol
#15 - Posted 11/23/12 @8:33PM by Ajax5 [contact]

Catching up a bit...on Neil's latest update, it was interesting seeing his note about Windermere House looking like it did in 1982.

Wonder if he's aware that it burnt to the ground in 1996 during the filming of "The Long Kiss Goodnight" and has been totally rebuilt? (Granted, it was an incredibly faithful rebuild on the old foundations--just with modern materials and wiring.) I was just there about six weeks or so before he was.
#14 - Posted 11/23/12 @6:07PM by CraigJ [contact]

#10 Figure of speech. Really.
#13 - Posted 11/23/12 @5:02PM by Willowdale

I dig the new VH album!! Some great playing by ED & Alex, & Dave came up with some cool melodies/vocal lines and just Dave being Dave stuff!! Nobody expected the CD to be this good.

Clockwork is also a great release,but I don't have a problem with the 1st & 2nd place results.

I enjoy both releases!!
#12 - Posted 11/23/12 @4:37PM by jaeger [contact]

I am not a number! (But I play one on TV...)
#11 - Posted 11/23/12 @4:36PM by jaeger [contact]

#1. Enjoy!!!
#10 - Posted 11/23/12 @4:36PM by jaeger [contact]

#4. Kid? Really?
#9 - Posted 11/23/12 @4:34PM by jaeger [contact]

The VH album certainly does not compare...
#8 - Posted 11/23/12 @4:18PM by Earthshine [contact]

....and I have the new Van Halen album. I tried to get into it, but I just cant
#7 - Posted 11/23/12 @4:17PM by Earthshine [contact]

Van Halen's new album is #1? What a joke. Their 'new' album is made up of dusted off 70's songs they wrote back then....complete with their adolescent lyrics and Eddie 'signature' riffs that haven't changed in 30 years.

I'm sorry, but Van Halen retreads just don't do anything for me, let alone understanding how in the hell it could be voted #1 (Yawn)
#6 - Posted 11/23/12 @2:43PM by ctbadger [contact]

I took a closer look at the screenshot from the Citibank commercial and I noticed many of the flight numbers relate to their city:

Orlando - 2071: Disney World opened in Orlando in 1971.
Los Angeles - 5150: Code for someone in mental distress (and the VH album).
Chicago - 1908: The last year the Chicago Cubs won the World Series.
Sydney - 815: Oceanic Flight 815 on the show LOST was from Sydney to LA.

That leaves Washington (3309), Seattle (118), San Francisco (1520) and Syracuse (1995). Anyone have any ideas?