Friday, September 27, 2013

Photos of the Rush: The Studio Albums 1989-2007 box set and Vapor Trails Remixed, full album preview at RollingStone.com
10:01AM EST | comments (36) |

UPDATE - 9/27@10:27AM: In light of the fact that we now have some full preview clips to listen to, I thought I'd update the poll and ask everyone which song from Vapor Trails they think benefited the most from the new remix? Please take the poll and let us know! In the last poll, Secret Touch was the winner, with 17% of you most looking forward to hearing that track on the new remix; complete results here.

UPDATE - 9/27@10:17AM: RollingStone.com has posted a preview of the complete Vapor Trails Remixed album! Just go to this location and click on the link in the article. It will pop up a player where you can listen to the entire album. It's mp3-quality of course, but it's still the full songs from the album.

Rush will be releasing the long-awaited remix/remaster of their 2002 album Vapor Trails along with a Rush: The Studio Albums 1989-2007 box set this coming Monday, September 30th. The album will be made available for purchase individually on CD or Vinyl, or as part of the box set. A few weeks ago some low-quality, 30-second sample clips began appearing at some online retailers. Since then some higher quality clips have been posted, and the Rush Fan Film Project compiled all of these clips into one handy YouTube video which you can view at this location.

As I'd mentioned above, the release date for both Vapor Trails Remixed and the Atlantic-era box set is now Monday, September 30th; the remix had been pushed up from October 1st a couple of weeks ago, and the box set was just recently pushed up as well. European reader RushFanBen has already received his copies and sent along some scans of the packaging for us. He reports that the booklet included with Vapor Trails is no different from the original release other than the new cover design and the note that it was mixed by David Bottril. The CDs in the box set are packaged in miniature album sleeve replicas and are also no different from the originals. There's an orange booklet included in the box set containing all the lyrics of all 7 of the included albums. He also reports that the remix sounds amazing.

You can pre-order the Vapor Trails remix at this location, and the Atlantic-era The Studio Albums 1989-2007 box set here. You can also pre-order the double LP 180g vinyl version of Vapor Trails here.

Related Posts:
[Rush Vapor Trails Remixed higher quality, 30-second sample clips]
[Geddy Lee talks Clockwork Angels Tour video, Vapor Trails Remixed in new Rolling Stone interview]
[Alex Lifeson discusses Vapor Trails Remixed in new Classic Rock interview]
[Rush Vapor Trails Remixed 30-second sample clips now available]
[Long-awaited Vapor Trails remix coming October 1st, now available for pre-order]

Comments

Page 1 of 4 - 1 2 3 4
#36 - Posted 9/30/13 @6:21AM by andrelam [contact]

#28, I have already dropped some tears here... and I'm only on my first listening, on How It Is now.... My favorite Rush song is Vapor Trail - that always brings tears into my eyes.

So far, I'm very very pleased with the overall mix... even the guitar solo in Ceiling Unlimited.

Now, please excuse me... Vapor Trail starting...
#35 - Posted 9/30/13 @1:52AM by Middletown Dreamer [contact]

Just downloaded and listened to it. Couldn't wait until the morning.
Blown away!!
Always liked this album, but the mix ruined its staying power.
No longer!
I am losing precious sleep repeating some of these songs.It just sounds so good!
VT back into heavy rotation.
#34 - Posted 9/29/13 @6:22PM by Electric Brain Elderly [contact]

I don't think any solos were "added," I think they were just lower in the mix or not executed in a usually way initially so they were hidden. Plus, the bad mix hid so many parts.
#33 - Posted 9/29/13 @4:20AM by Light of Deneb

By the way.... Geedy is really 'slapping that bass' in Out of the Cradle !!! I hope the boys play songs from this album not previously played live such as Vapor Trails.
#32 - Posted 9/29/13 @4:16AM by Light of Deneb

Sweet miracle :). Geedy's singing during the middle of the song is sublime. I also notice the guitar section trailing the vocals which sweep up the vocals to a higher level. The beginning of Ghost Rider is outstanding. The emotions of Geddy's singing are much more evident; making the song more haunting and touching than ever. There elements in other songs that are too many to mention; it is like listening to an entirely new album. It is so textured and full of new sounds. Thank you for not ignoring this piece of art work and resurrecting it with this remix.
#31 - Posted 9/28/13 @11:16PM by shagg [contact]

SIGNALS remix next!

Just kidding ... (maybe)
#30 - Posted 9/28/13 @7:17PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

wasn't Northfield the engineer on PerWav and MovPic? the guy should know what he's doing by the time VT is being worked on.
#29 - Posted 9/27/13 @7:49PM by OotS [contact]

Much improved. Bye-bye "choir of Geddys". Bye-bye broken speaker sound. VT has come back from the dead for me.
#28 - Posted 9/27/13 @6:10PM by Rob [contact]

Regardless of what you may think of the new mix, how many people are listening to this for the first time in a long time and having a tear come to their eye?

Maybe it's just me, but this album has moved me emotionally in a way it hasn't since I heard it for the first time.
#27 - Posted 9/27/13 @6:02PM by Rob [contact]

I guess we're finally hearing what Paul Northfield did for this album. I always thought the problems on this album started with him, then grew from there. I think this Botrill fellow just brought this album back to it's intended form.

Page 1 of 4 - 1 2 3 4