Rush reference on last night's episode of Jeopardy!

Posted on Tuesday, May 6, 2014 at 10:04AM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#16 - Posted 5/8/14 @12:28AM by cagster [contact]

Yes, because barbecue!
#15 - Posted 5/7/14 @2:13PM by LovLee [contact]

I do believe that i've come late to the party.... but i was the first to try to buzz in - but we all know how those pesky things are it must have stuck :(
#14 - Posted 5/7/14 @2:15AM by cakes and sparrows [contact]

Oops, that's for the documentary thread. Carry on, Jeopardy fans.
Does anyone notice they rhymed 'you' with 'you'?
#13 - Posted 5/7/14 @2:14AM by cakes and sparrows [contact]

A big thumbs down to the Rush sound-alike music.
#12 - Posted 5/6/14 @11:32PM by chuteski [contact]

Because fingers. Because hunger. Because barbecue.
#11 - Posted 5/6/14 @10:30PM by CraigJ [contact]

'How can we eat?', 'Why do we eat?', 'Where shall we have lunch?"
#10 - Posted 5/6/14 @9:50PM by Lamb Saag [contact]

Whereas a great portion of the population watch Jeopardy, the writers must often "throw the dog a bone" and give an easy question. If every question were difficult to answer, viewers would tune away to watch "Entertainment Tonight" or some other tripe. (Hey, I LOVE Jeopardy, so no complaints here!)

Capital of Latvia? ...What is Riga?

: )
#9 - Posted 5/6/14 @6:42PM by limelighter [contact]

thanks ed for letting me post this. it will be a rocking good night. period. the end.
#8 - Posted 5/6/14 @6:41PM by limelighter [contact]

the zeppelin tribute band are call NO QUARTER.
I heard that both bands are INCREDIBLE.

Here is the setlist that they will play (at least they did a few weeks ago)

set 1

subdivisions
red barchetta
spirit of radio
closer to the heart
new world man
limelight
tears???? shocked me too!!!
the camera eye
driven
freewill

set 2

R30 medley
in the mood
analog kid
the pass
the trees
xanadu
yyz
tom sawyer
headlong flight
working man

not a bad setlist if i say so myself.
#7 - Posted 5/6/14 @6:25PM by limelighter [contact]

sorry---off topic---on friday may 9 if you are in the toronto or surrounding area the rockpile will be hosting a double bill of a led zeppelin tribute and the encore will be the tribute band MY FAVOURITE HEADACHE (rush tribute). doors open at 7 00. music commences at around 8 30. party ends when the last person leaves. 10 bucks at the door.
#6 - Posted 5/6/14 @5:00PM by snowdog20 [contact]

There have been a couple of answers in the past concerning Rush. I believe one was something like "Geddy Lee fronts this trio of Canadians".
#5 - Posted 5/6/14 @3:43PM by djc2112 [contact]

Off topic, but I'm bored:

So, I started listening to Rush as a teenager thanks to Chronicles, and the Roll the Bones tour was my first.

Anyways, I've been to every concert except Counterparts (they didn't come to Portland) since then.

Here is a list of songs that I never thought I would have heard live:

ByTor and the Snow Dog
Grand Designs
Territories
Middletown Dreams
The Pass
Presto
Where's My Thing

Here are some songs that I thought I would have heard by now:

Fly By Night
Cinderella Man
Hemispheres
Jacob's Ladder
The Weapon

Songs that I'm surprised that they play repeatedly:

The Pass
Bravado
Red Sector A
Force Ten

---------------------
Before they quit, I hope to hear Vapor Trails live...probably too depressing for Neil to play nightly, though
#4 - Posted 5/6/14 @1:22PM by jaeger [contact]

And so, did the participant(s) get the answer right, or not?
#3 - Posted 5/6/14 @12:57PM by CraigJ [contact]

I read that as space invaders and answered "What is Atari?"
#2 - Posted 5/6/14 @12:48PM by DGTLMAN [contact]

SECOND!

I guess if Rush references are showing up on Jeopardy, they have truly arrived. Glad to see the boys getting some well-deserved respect.
#1 - Posted 5/6/14 @10:10AM by Denny Crane [contact]

I'm in bed when this comes on.

DC