Updates and other random Rush stuff

Posted on Friday, January 10, 2014 at 11:43AM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#20 - Posted 1/15/14 @2:09PM by jaeger [contact]

#11 The intro to YYZ is my favorite vis-a-vis alliteration... he he
#19 - Posted 1/13/14 @3:41PM by lisah [contact]

Lance, I forgot to throw in "the milk of paradise". But hey, I'm a thirsty gal, I'll take a healthy dose of all of it! It dose get hot and sweaty in the Rush "mosh pit"!
#18 - Posted 1/13/14 @7:45AM by LanceTheShred [contact]

We drink the Kool Aid and get doused with the sauce Lisa! Kinda the same but depends on who you're talkin bout.............;)
#17 - Posted 1/12/14 @11:46AM by lisah [contact]

Lance, is that kool-aid or rocket sauce of which you speak? CA is indeed one of their best. This late in their career to have this brilliant album is testament to the greatness of this band. Now, I just have about 18 more wonderful Rush albums in my permanent rotation.
#16 - Posted 1/12/14 @11:39AM by lisah [contact]

I have to say to Lance and Jim that I agree with the high elevation of CA on the list. I know how Jim feels about the Anarchist! I was amazed by CA, the song, from the first couple of listens waaaay back when the cd first came out. It was elevated to my number one on the tour the first time I envisioned the spectacle of spinning screens and the cascading lights in the show. The whole song was a feast for the senses with every new show, it seemed there was another dimension added. Standing on the floor watchung the lights, screens backed by this most amazing trio of men, plus those great stringers, I was reminded if why Rush is the best band that ever lived. Hows that for a giant pellet? Rush On!
#15 - Posted 1/11/14 @4:33PM by TorpedoPenguin

I'm watching the Clockwork Angels Tour Blu-ray. At 2:39:45 during the Spirit of Radio, Geddy's bass goes from being his traditional black Fender Jazz bass to his sunburst one for ONE second, then back to the black Jazz bass. I must applaud the continuity there LOL :D
#14 - Posted 1/11/14 @11:55AM by LanceTheShred [contact]

And a delicious cup it is Jim! Tastes like Kool Aid one would say...;)

CA is must on my music product rotation list. Still can't get over the brilliance of this album as a whole. I have been indulging on a lot of boots lately reminiscing the concerts I wish I could live all again. Rush is always first and foremost rippin down the road in the Suburban AIRship with SW and Porcupine Tree slipping in the mix quite a bit as well.
#13 - Posted 1/11/14 @11:25AM by jiminseattle [contact]

Hey Lance,

CA is a close second for me to The Anarchist but very close indeed. It is an amazing song and NS is right up there. We drink from the same cup.
#12 - Posted 1/11/14 @9:49AM by LanceTheShred [contact]

Mine were memory and then the KING trumped me! When the Jupe man had Clockwork Angels and Totem on his list I didn't include all the lyrical references. I should be demoted to a field mouse for excluding Carnies and PK. Two of my all time favs!!

No DEMON music with a side order of gypsy queens King man? Great stats BTW.

The song CA is now my all time favorite Rush song. Bumped NS down to the second place slot. I know I know. How do you pic a fav outta this extraordinary music portfolio??
#11 - Posted 1/11/14 @1:50AM by musicofthespheres [contact]

earlier I said the far too fleet fortune hunt was my favorite of Pratt's alliterations. BUT, it's pretty damn awesome that he got "tongue that tastes like tin" into a song.

and the surge of adrenaline...

adrenaline surrrrge...
#10 - Posted 1/10/14 @6:56PM by The_king_will_Neil [contact]

To answer my own question:
Number of angel references in Rush lyrics: 20
Which includes 10 in the 2 "Angels" songs.

Number of demon/devil/satan references: 15
No "Demons" songs (yet).

So, as of now, the angels win.
And, that's without the god/gods/goddess: 14

Sorry, I must be bored. I know nobody cares, including me.
#9 - Posted 1/10/14 @6:34PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

#7 Ya I was just going by memory. Thought I had it right but I screwed it up.Duh!!!!! There ended up being way more "angel" references than I thought.
#8 - Posted 1/10/14 @6:28PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Nice Lance! Did you come up with the rest of those just from memory or did you cheat?
#7 - Posted 1/10/14 @6:26PM by The_king_will_Neil [contact]

#4, Sorry Lance, but you missed some:

Angel in my armor - Animate
A homeward angel on the fly - Peaceable Kingdom
Under the gaze of the angels - Carnies
Sometimes the angels punish us - Carnies

#3, Jupe, gotta correct:

Angels and demons dancing in my head - Totem
Angels and demons inside of me - Totem
Saviors and Satans all around me - Totem
[no "angels" here] :-)

--The benefit of transcribing my own file of lyrics.
-- Now, I wonders about occurrences of demons/devils/satans ?
#6 - Posted 1/10/14 @5:21PM by Power Windows [contact]

Whoops, now I see Angels' Share was already listed!
#5 - Posted 1/10/14 @5:19PM by Power Windows [contact]

And don't forget The Angels' Share from My Favorite Headache, with the line "A Seraphin Joke Of Eternity" - I had to look up "seraphin"...
#4 - Posted 1/10/14 @2:59PM by LanceTheShred [contact]

Jupe-I'd like to know if anyone on this site has ever heard those as well!

The rest of your angel list bro:

-I wasn't walking with angels / Sweet Miracle
-My angels and my demons at war / Double Agent
-or angels watching from above / Ghost of a Chance
-The Angels' Share / My Favorite Headache
#3 - Posted 1/10/14 @2:41PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

What's the deal with all the "Angel" stuff.

Clockwork Angels
Workin'Them Angels
Fifth Order of Angels
"for an angel to forgive my sins"- The Big Wheel
"angels and demons all around me"- Totem

Are there any others? Also Lance I can honestly say I haven't heard one song in your second group there.
#2 - Posted 1/10/14 @1:53PM by LanceTheShred [contact]

Except for the five (FD, GR, NFA, YCFI, BB) that the majority of us have heard, I say dig down in the bone vault and unleash Feel So Good, Love Light, Marguerite, Mike's Idea, Morning Star, Number One, Keep in Line, Sing Guitar and Tale as well as Slaughterhouse and RWR. That would be a helluva way to celebrate the 40th Anniversary!!!

That would surely promise every prize but I am betting 80% of those were probably never recorded.

Of course throw in the Fifth Order of Angels Boot and call it a day!
#1 - Posted 1/10/14 @12:06PM by clockworkingman [contact]

Let me be the first to say that I sure miss having daily Rush news to read about! From the beginning of the Time Machine tour to the release of the CA live album, it was almost non stop. Hopefully things don't stay quiet too much longer.