Kevin J. Anderson talks Clockwork Angels: The Graphic Novel in new interview

Posted on Monday, January 6, 2014 at 8:21AM

#27 - Posted 1/9/14 @12:52PM by Most Endangered Species [contact]

He actually emailed me about it offline. Good stuff!
#26 - Posted 1/8/14 @4:31PM by drmike [contact]

#17 Most Endangered Species. Since #13 GrahamW hasn't responded yet, I'm going to speculate. If you or others don't know, Graham is a digital artist who has thrilled RIABers with digital art for Red Barchetta, Bytor and the Snowdog (his avatar is cropped from Snowdog!) and others.

I'm guessing that Graham is doing another piece based on CA and I can't wait to see it! I wonder if I have enough Christmas money left over to buy it....!
#25 - Posted 1/8/14 @2:42PM by RushFanForever [contact]

Alex and Geddy are not involved in the graphic novel release of 'Clockwork Angels' just like Neil is probably not going to be involved with the upcoming 40th anniversary release of RUSH's debut album.

However the fans will be involved with deciding to purchase one or the other and possibly both or neither.
#24 - Posted 1/8/14 @10:49AM by CraigJ [contact]

#14 - relevant: link
#23 - Posted 1/8/14 @7:21AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

#22- I'm talking about the song(link) that I posted. It doesn't sound like Richard Cheeseman says "saw" at the end of his rendition.
#22 - Posted 1/8/14 @4:40AM by dymention [contact]

I believe it is......by hatchet,axe and saw.
#21 - Posted 1/7/14 @8:59PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Rob, can you tell what he sings at - by hatchet,axe and ???? does he say "songs" instead of "saw"?
#20 - Posted 1/7/14 @8:35PM by Rob [contact]

"Schooby a Schooby do"

"Scooby and Scrappy doo"

"Hey,What's the matter you?"

Funny shit! lol
#19 - Posted 1/7/14 @8:06PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

When I first listened to it I just thought it was a joke. Then I played it for my wife, a while later my youngest son wanted to hear it. So after three listens I found the damn thing was kind of growing on me!
#18 - Posted 1/7/14 @6:57PM by Rob [contact]

#14 Jupe! That was awesome!!
#17 - Posted 1/7/14 @4:29PM by Most Endangered Species [contact]

#13 Graham - Can you tell me more about this "purely album inspired CA work-in-progress"?
#16 - Posted 1/7/14 @9:21AM by jaeger [contact]

Aren't graphic novels just a reflection of diminishing attention spans?
#15 - Posted 1/7/14 @9:19AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

You're welcome OR I'm sorry for that!LOL
#14 - Posted 1/7/14 @9:18AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

off topic, but check it out!
#13 - Posted 1/7/14 @8:01AM by GrahamW [contact]

An interesting evolution from the novel, good luck to all involved. Though these ideas and sketches are so different to my own purely album inspired CA work-in-progress, I love the contrasting styles and it's great that so many people are now starting to express their appreciation for the band through different forms of artistic media from song covers to comics. Can't wait to see how people receive the graphic novel.
#12 - Posted 1/7/14 @12:11AM by joerock213 [contact]

Graphic novels are the in thing right now. The school where I got my MFA from recently expanded the degree concentration to graphic novels.
#11 - Posted 1/6/14 @11:32PM by drmike [contact]

I agree #9 jupeguy, it really did seem to be written for early teens. And Neil's reading of the audiobook sometimes felt like he was reading to Olivia. I really do like that the book fills in some of the gaps between songs (and adds a couple of hints that the Watchmaker is evil and not just a benevolent dictator) and I am glad I listened to it. It might work well as a graphic novel (not that I'm going to buy it...).
#10 - Posted 1/6/14 @8:22PM by Shirking_Man [contact]

Noted. To get a gig with author Kevin J Anderson: type fractured gobbledegook, using upper case typeface and sprinkling liberally with dozens of exclamation points.
#9 - Posted 1/6/14 @7:35PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

much hoopla about a book which was at best average imho. Seems to me like it was written for young folks 12-16, but a nice story for adults who weren't looking for too much.
#8 - Posted 1/6/14 @6:50PM by CraigJ [contact]

#6. I agree. It looks like something thrown together in Photoshop in 30 minutes.