Rush limited edition stamp collectible auction for The Canadian Center for Abuse Awareness

Posted on Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:56PM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#15 - Posted 12/4/13 @3:58PM by ninjadave [contact]

i emailed the site, it is definately NOT one of the signed covers, please update the blog post here to note that, since that is clearly or MIGHT drive up the bidding.....i have the email from them saying its just one of the original unsigned letters because i also thought from the post here, that is was one of the 10 signed....ITS NOT.
#14 - Posted 12/4/13 @11:22AM by freewilly [contact]

Although it should not matter where a band comes from, I've always loved the fact that Rush is from Canada, I don't even really know or visited the country but to me it adds to the feeling Rush is "different"... (I'm Dutch btw)
#13 - Posted 12/3/13 @10:02PM by michinman [contact]

Yes, be careful bidders... I agree with drmike's post #8. A great cause, but seemingly not the autographed envelope.
#12 - Posted 12/3/13 @6:37PM by jaeger [contact]

Upcoming Amazon flash deal on Sector 3: link
#11 - Posted 12/3/13 @5:42PM by Denny Crane [contact]

@#10

Worse than the stamps taste.
#10 - Posted 12/3/13 @5:17PM by MGRushFan

Hey, I couldn't find an answer to this question. How does the new Live Rush dvd sound?
#9 - Posted 12/3/13 @4:09PM by drmike [contact]

By the way, the stamps are peel and stick (self adhesive). If there was a problem with the taste of the gum, it had to be on the souvenir sheet that included all four bands' stamps on one sheet.

Um, I'm trying to turn this into a joke but I'm not coming up with anything.
#8 - Posted 12/3/13 @4:05PM by drmike [contact]

There is nothing on the auction site saying that the auction is for one of the 10 autographed First Day Covers. The photo is of the regular FDC that was sold at post offices and Canadapost.ca. Bidding is already up to $300. Not bad for a cover that went for $1.63 plus a freebie Canada Post product magazine. I'm glad the money is going to charity.
#7 - Posted 12/3/13 @4:03PM by marty from clayton [contact]

#6 Craig - LOL!!!!
#6 - Posted 12/3/13 @3:41PM by CraigJ [contact]

The glue on the stamps can't be as bad as the glue on the envelopes that George bought for his wedding invitations... Or can it?
#5 - Posted 12/3/13 @3:10PM by Alexfan [contact]

Yep. It was planned all along. Release poor quality glue, knowing that you can cash in later on when fans will buy all over again. Clever guy that Ray Danniels!
#4 - Posted 12/3/13 @2:57PM by 1-2-bucklemyshoe [contact]

I think they are planning a re-gluing process for a re-release next year.
#3 - Posted 12/3/13 @2:24PM by Toronto Writer [contact]

#2. Regarding the glue - I think there was a problem with the mix.
#2 - Posted 12/3/13 @1:46PM by Denny Crane [contact]

All the reviews at Amazon are saying the glue on these stamps taste horrible. Lots of comments about how the Rush management team could have let something like this happen.

Oh yeah, 2nd.

DENNY CRANE
#1 - Posted 12/3/13 @1:05PM by Alexfan [contact]

First.

I've placed my starting bid...