Rush to film Phoenix and Dallas shows for live DVD release

Posted on Wednesday, November 14, 2012 at 2:24PM

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3
#52 - Posted 11/21/12 @7:56PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

I still think they should have had a "plan B" for "The Time Machine" recording
You can hear the bad head cold Ged' had...
#51 - Posted 11/15/12 @10:25PM by kjbird [contact]

Ill make a prediction that the DVD release will be set for nov or dec 2013 just in time for holidays. I hope they do what they did for the TM tour DVD and show it in theaters first. That was soooo cool . In Cincinnati the place was packed, everyone decked out in their Rush concert tees. Air drumming, singing, u would have thought it was a live show. IMO that was a genius move ....great way for Rush fans to get together and live it all again.
#50 - Posted 11/15/12 @9:27PM by 4syrinx [contact]

The Boys will have some typical, beautiful late November sunshine awaiting them here in the Valley of the Sun. Saturday and Sunday, sunny, clear, and mid to upper 70's. A relaxing Saturday of golf for Al, a nice jaunt around the desert for Neil, and a day of no talking for Ged, should get them primed for Sunday night.
4th row aisle between Floors B and C will do me and the wife just fine.
This will be the 4th show for this tour.
Opening night Manchester, Newark, San Diego next Wednesday and finally lights, camera, action.
A bit apprehensive about this however.
Does this mean no USA stops in 2013?
Maybe hold off the release of the DVD until this time next year AFTER they play a second leg.
#49 - Posted 11/15/12 @8:07PM by What-A-Rush

Great news! I do wonder though if the guys always decide to film where ticket sales are strongest or if it's just a matter of plain old logistics of filming, staging, and/or availability of the camera crew. If it's primarily ticket sales, perhaps the show is a near sellout, which would be great. Hopefully Dunn and McFayden will be behind the cameras once again! The 10 day COUNTDOWN (pun very intended) to PHX. begins! Can't wait! Thanks RIAB!
#48 - Posted 11/15/12 @10:39AM by driven2theedge [contact]

The guys should've filmed Seattle night before last.....crowd was REALLY into it. Seattle crowds are the best!
#47 - Posted 11/15/12 @10:06AM by bucklemyshoe [contact]

The Dallas article states to be released in 2013 - I am hoping this is well after the tour is completed (even with another NA leg), otherwise all the non-spoiler fans holding out will inevitably be tested.
#46 - Posted 11/15/12 @9:46AM by dgrant99 [contact]

So looking forward to this! I love the trend they have developed of releasing each tour as a live dvd. A few years ago, some fans were bitching that these releases were just a grab for money. They can grab my money every time they release one then and if you don't like it, son't buy it.

As far as the mixes go, I don't understand how a band as technically saavy as Rush, who's album production has been pretty good as of late, can allow a weak mix to be released. Hopefully this one returns to the R30 quality. Also, hopefully they include all the tracks from both set lists, like the SA Live dvd and do no omit any like the R30 dvd.
#45 - Posted 11/15/12 @5:03AM by michinman [contact]

This is great news. Work kept me from seeing the show, so the blu-ray will have to do. I think I'm going to need an entire shelf on my entertainment stand just for RUSH discs. I think they're the top band for # ot titles on video disc (someone correct me if I'm wrong), and that's not including the documentary - R30, Snakes & Arrows, Time Machine, Classic Albums: 2112/Moving Pictures and now this. No complaints here.
#44 - Posted 11/15/12 @2:29AM by MajorSkalle [contact]

guewigjnwrhwragwanrh0irjy598uj64

Sorry. Just steaming out the excitement!
As if I wasn't excited for my trip over the pond already!
Great, great! I won't get my hopes up for an extended set, but this is quite cool!
#43 - Posted 11/15/12 @12:38AM by CraigJ [contact]

#36. I think they will probably combine the recordings into one DVD picking the best from both dates, and I suspect they will also record some European shows and that may show up as well.

I know it's a long shot, but I'm hoping that they play extended sets in PHX and Dallas for the recordings. Would be really sweet to hear them play ALL of CA straight through. Stranger things have happened...
#42 - Posted 11/15/12 @12:21AM by CraigJ [contact]

#35 Got her a new iPad. This year her b-day is 5 days after the show, so that's a little better...
#41 - Posted 11/14/12 @11:24PM by Red Comet [contact]

Hell yeah! I got VIP tickets to the Dallas show. I was just excited I was going to hear Setlist A, now I'm about to wee myslef
#40 - Posted 11/14/12 @10:34PM by lavilla2112 [contact]

#36. I agree. San Diego being my hometown I have seen every tour since Vapor Trails and the crowd is always dead. I am probably the liveliest person there. I have never got it. I will be at the Phoenix show, so filming it might fire the crowd up a bit.
#39 - Posted 11/14/12 @10:20PM by Geddimus Prime

@19. I remember years ago being told by a Mercury Records rep that Texas was one of Rush's best markets in the US. For what it's worth...
#38 - Posted 11/14/12 @10:11PM by Marathon Man [contact]

I'm going with my sister too the Dallas show. Hoping for some surprises too the set list. Flying from Ohio to visit my sister and see rush!! Middletown dreams do come true!
#37 - Posted 11/14/12 @9:37PM by angiodan [contact]

With them recording now, my only concern is maybe no second leg after Europe?

I was hoping there would be.
#36 - Posted 11/14/12 @7:23PM by caravan44

Well Craig when you consider the songs that have been slipped in and out Wish Them Well, Seven Cities of Gold, Working Man, The Spirit of Radio, Limelight, Body Electric, Middletown Dreams, Manhattan Project, and Dreamline...I would say that is more than 10% of the show changing nightly and the flow of it all is incredibly different night to night with the changes. It literally will be throwing darts at a set list the night of the Phoenix and Dallas shows which will make it all the more awesome.

I went to the Superpages.com show for Time Machine and the crowd where I was on the floor was into it. We were around 12th row on Geddy's side. I remember how cold it got towards the final 6 songs of the night. FREEZING. Saw them in Tulsa and Austin as well and those shows were rocking HARD crowd wise. I have seen Rush in a lot of different states and some of the worst crowds were in West Palm, Sunrise, Atlanta, Nashville, Vegas, San Diego, and Charlotte where it was a chore for fans to show any kind of enthusiasm.

Texas seems to always have great crowds whether it be in Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, El Paso etc...should be good times.

I like seeing the band in smaller markets too where they don't get to that often. The crowd is so eager to see them it makes it an experience for many who haven't seen the band in a decade or 2. Montreal is always a great place to see them as is Quebec, New Jersey, and NYC.
#35 - Posted 11/14/12 @7:17PM by oriongal [contact]

#34 - Heh, maybe - if I had kept it quiet that I also went to Atlanta and Tampa at least until afterwards, I might have been able to get away with it. Went to Phoenix last year, was the last show I caught on the tour. Would be pretty easy for me to go on to San Antonio and Houston after Dallas this time since I'm driving anyway, but unfortunately I just don't have even one extra day to spare this time around.

Tell your wife she's a gem, though. And get her something good for her birthday too, sounds like she deserves it, *grin*.
#34 - Posted 11/14/12 @7:03PM by CraigJ [contact]

#32 - If I can fly to see Rush the day after my Wife's B-Day you can slip out 2 days after Thanksgiving... ;-)
#33 - Posted 11/14/12 @7:01PM by CraigJ [contact]

#29 if by "lambast" you mean "agree with" then consider yourself lambasted.