Interview with Clockwork Angels String Ensemble violinist and concert master Joel Derouin

Posted on Sunday, October 28, 2012 at 11:58AM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#7 - Posted 11/1/12 @10:40PM by Hill

This is why I hate ignorant DJs: "Wow, what that Lakeside Park or something?"
#6 - Posted 10/30/12 @5:38PM by Proton2112 [contact]

That violinist from Alaska is a looker. Miss Alaska 2000 and a classical violinist. Top that. X D
#5 - Posted 10/28/12 @5:21PM by Watchmaker9 [contact]

I was worried for a number of reasons about the strings, but they are done the best way possible. It just fits.

They could do a tour with the strings with all of the songs. Animate and Nobody's Hero would sound so good. Imagine if they came up with a new instrumental with them. It could be sweet.
#4 - Posted 10/28/12 @4:08PM by anotherrushfan [contact]

The strings are, indeed, a great enhancement both musically and visually. They manage to avoid the twin dangers (which I have witnessed with other bands) of being either cheesy or pretentious and their "rocking" to the music seems 100% natural and neither forced, nor just for show. They really do seem to be having a blast up there.

And you can't argue with two sexy Rush chicks on stage. :)

I hope if there is to be another Rush tour that the band can bring the strings along again.
#3 - Posted 10/28/12 @12:14PM by Quantum2112

I can hardly wait for the Vegas show! From all the past reviews and comments, the string section has been a huge hit! Taking my wife for her 2nd RUSH concert and my 8th!
#2 - Posted 10/28/12 @12:10PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

hey Liver! good to hear from you. Hope you and your wife had a great trip. Sucks that the concert dates didn't jive though.
#1 - Posted 10/28/12 @12:06PM by Liverpool 78

Hello all

My wife and I have just returned from a North America holiday in New York and Toronto. Unfortnuately our dates didn't coincide with any gigs so we have to wait until next May before we get to see the guys and the strings.

From what I've seen on line the strings sound great and really add to the over all production.

Liver.