Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Rush: The Studio Albums 1989-2007 Japanese SHM-CDs coming September 25th
9:51AM EST | comments (7) |

Rush: The Studio Albums 1989-2007Back in May Rush released 2 new digital-only album collections: Rush The Complete Mercury Years and Rush: The Studio Albums 1989-2007. Rush The Complete Mercury Years contains Rush's complete Mercury catalog (all their albums up through A Show of Hands), including the new 2112 Deluxe Edition and 2008's Working Man vault edition. This Mercury collection was essentially already made available via 2011's Sectors box sets (excluding the 2112 Deluxe Edition and Working Man vault edition), but this was the first time they were released for sale digitally. Rush: The Studio Albums 1989-2007 contains the entire Atlantic-era Rush studio catalog (Presto through Snakes & Arrows). The collections were mastered by Andy Van Dette from Masterdisk using the original master tapes through analog console, equalizers and compressors before being recaptured at 96kHz/24bit lossless audio. The lossless audio versions were made available via HDTracks.com for a significantly higher cost, but with much better quality than the mastered for iTunes versions. Masterdisk also promised that a physical version of the remastered The Studio Albums 1989-2007 collection would eventually be made available. Warner Music Japan looks to be the first to be offering these physical versions, as they will be releasing Mini-LP Super High Material CDs (SHM-CDs) of all of Rush's Atlantic-era studio albums on September 25th. It's likely that a North American release on CD will follow shortly thereafter. More information as I learn it. Thanks to Yoshiko N and Chris W for the heads up.

Comments

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#7 - Posted 7/3/13 @9:13PM by 1-2-bucklemyshoe [contact]

Can anyone tell me if these SHM-CDs are of any better sound quality than regular CDs?

Do I need a special machine to play them on or will they work on my Oppo-93?

And how do they get this material "super high"?
#6 - Posted 7/3/13 @7:35PM by WatchmakersDadsDadsDadWatch [contact]

I don't know about 8 bucks for the spirit of rush ticket, but I did once pay a 5 spot for a bottle of spirits of elderberry. I was blind for a week. I think it was distiller in an old radiator.
#5 - Posted 7/3/13 @6:42PM by CheeseCorn [contact]

So I just found out that six short days after I see the final CA show in KC, a band by the name of The Spirit of Rush will be playing in my town. Anyone familiar with them? Are they worth an $8 ticket?
#4 - Posted 7/3/13 @3:31PM by WatchmakersDadsDadsDadWatch [contact]

Tai Shan in Japanese SHM is something I have been waiting for a long time. The very thought of it brings tears to my eyes. Speaking of which I would love it if they could do a 12" re-issue of Tears from 2112 in this format.

All of the seasons and all of the days
All of the reasons why I've felt this way
So long...
So long

Yes I have waited for so long.
#3 - Posted 7/3/13 @1:29PM by CraigJ [contact]

Listening to Tai Shan right now. Digging it. #NOTASHAMED
#2 - Posted 7/3/13 @11:47AM by simon r

Could someone persuade RUSH management to relocate Calgary show to McMahon stadium if it gets cancelled!
#1 - Posted 7/3/13 @11:45AM by simon r