Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Rush to film Phoenix and Dallas shows for live DVD release
2:24PM EST | comments (52) |

UPDATE - 11/15@3:32PM: Here's an article from the Arizona Republic on the band deciding to film in Phoenix.

UPDATE - 11/15@9:42AM: Here's an article from the Dallas Morning News discussing the filming.

Rush has just announced that they will be filming both the Phoenix and Dallas shows for a live DVD release. From Rush.com:

Rush will capture the Clockwork Angels tour by filming in Phoenix and Dallas on Nov 25th and 28th respectively. Be a part of the show - get your tickets here for Phoenix or Dallas.

The shows are being filmed for an upcoming DVD set for release in 2013.

No further details were given. Rush has filmed every tour since Vapor Trails so it's not surprising that they want to capture the Clockwork Angels tour on film as well. More details as we learn them.

Related Posts:
[Clockwork Angels VIP package merchandise finally shipping]
[Interview with Clockwork Angels String Ensemble violinist and concert master Joel Derouin]
[Getting to know the Clockwork Angels String Ensemble]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tour setlist update]
[Rush Clockwork Angels tourbook now available online]
[Clockwork Angels tour opening night in Manchester open thread]
[Clockwork Angels tourbook and other merchandise now available at the Rush Backstage Club]
[New Rush Backstage Club contest: Win a Rush meet & greet!]
[Follow the Clockwork Angels tour on Twitter]
[Rush's Clockwork Angels tour to include a string section]
[Official Rush 2012 Clockwork Angels tour announcement and dates!]

Comments

Page 1 of 6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6
#52 - Posted 11/21/12 @7:56PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

I still think they should have had a "plan B" for "The Time Machine" recording
You can hear the bad head cold Ged' had...
#51 - Posted 11/15/12 @10:25PM by kjbird [contact]

Ill make a prediction that the DVD release will be set for nov or dec 2013 just in time for holidays. I hope they do what they did for the TM tour DVD and show it in theaters first. That was soooo cool . In Cincinnati the place was packed, everyone decked out in their Rush concert tees. Air drumming, singing, u would have thought it was a live show. IMO that was a genius move ....great way for Rush fans to get together and live it all again.
#50 - Posted 11/15/12 @9:27PM by 4syrinx [contact]

The Boys will have some typical, beautiful late November sunshine awaiting them here in the Valley of the Sun. Saturday and Sunday, sunny, clear, and mid to upper 70's. A relaxing Saturday of golf for Al, a nice jaunt around the desert for Neil, and a day of no talking for Ged, should get them primed for Sunday night.
4th row aisle between Floors B and C will do me and the wife just fine.
This will be the 4th show for this tour.
Opening night Manchester, Newark, San Diego next Wednesday and finally lights, camera, action.
A bit apprehensive about this however.
Does this mean no USA stops in 2013?
Maybe hold off the release of the DVD until this time next year AFTER they play a second leg.
#49 - Posted 11/15/12 @8:07PM by What-A-Rush

Great news! I do wonder though if the guys always decide to film where ticket sales are strongest or if it's just a matter of plain old logistics of filming, staging, and/or availability of the camera crew. If it's primarily ticket sales, perhaps the show is a near sellout, which would be great. Hopefully Dunn and McFayden will be behind the cameras once again! The 10 day COUNTDOWN (pun very intended) to PHX. begins! Can't wait! Thanks RIAB!
#48 - Posted 11/15/12 @10:39AM by driven2theedge [contact]

The guys should've filmed Seattle night before last.....crowd was REALLY into it. Seattle crowds are the best!
#47 - Posted 11/15/12 @10:06AM by bucklemyshoe [contact]

The Dallas article states to be released in 2013 - I am hoping this is well after the tour is completed (even with another NA leg), otherwise all the non-spoiler fans holding out will inevitably be tested.
#46 - Posted 11/15/12 @9:46AM by dgrant99 [contact]

So looking forward to this! I love the trend they have developed of releasing each tour as a live dvd. A few years ago, some fans were bitching that these releases were just a grab for money. They can grab my money every time they release one then and if you don't like it, son't buy it.

As far as the mixes go, I don't understand how a band as technically saavy as Rush, who's album production has been pretty good as of late, can allow a weak mix to be released. Hopefully this one returns to the R30 quality. Also, hopefully they include all the tracks from both set lists, like the SA Live dvd and do no omit any like the R30 dvd.
#45 - Posted 11/15/12 @5:03AM by michinman [contact]

This is great news. Work kept me from seeing the show, so the blu-ray will have to do. I think I'm going to need an entire shelf on my entertainment stand just for RUSH discs. I think they're the top band for # ot titles on video disc (someone correct me if I'm wrong), and that's not including the documentary - R30, Snakes & Arrows, Time Machine, Classic Albums: 2112/Moving Pictures and now this. No complaints here.
#44 - Posted 11/15/12 @2:29AM by MajorSkalle [contact]

guewigjnwrhwragwanrh0irjy598uj64

Sorry. Just steaming out the excitement!
As if I wasn't excited for my trip over the pond already!
Great, great! I won't get my hopes up for an extended set, but this is quite cool!
#43 - Posted 11/15/12 @12:38AM by CraigJ [contact]

#36. I think they will probably combine the recordings into one DVD picking the best from both dates, and I suspect they will also record some European shows and that may show up as well.

I know it's a long shot, but I'm hoping that they play extended sets in PHX and Dallas for the recordings. Would be really sweet to hear them play ALL of CA straight through. Stranger things have happened...

Page 1 of 6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6