... Rush Tour: All the World's A Stage

Thu, Sep 20 Nationwide Arena Columbus, OH
gallery [view] [upload]     [official photos]     [YouTube videos]
discuss [general] [reviews] [open thread]
attendance 8,611/10,204 ($587,173) [setlist]

Comments

#15 - Posted 09/25/2012 3:05 PM by Soar2hi [contact]

They did it again in Columbus with the ticket sales. I bought my first row section 115 at 10:00 on the first pre-sale fan club morning. Sure enough, they opened the next sections by the stage on the day of the show. My brother bought his tix and was seated in one of the sections that were opened up....its a side view, but still good seats. Lesson learned. Greedy nationwide arena.
#14 - Posted 09/20/2012 3:15 PM by Cask of 43 [contact]

YEAH!! OOHHHH YEAH!!!!!! Ooh, said I, I'm comin' out to get you. Ooh, sit down. I'm comin' out to find you. Ooh, yeah. Ooh, yeah!! FINDIN' MY WAY!!!!

...to Columbus.

RUSH ON!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ooh, yeah.

-D-
#13 - Posted 09/20/2012 12:13 PM by TemplesOfSyrinx [contact]

TODAY'S THE DAY!!! I'll be heading down towards the arena, in a few hours, for food and drink. I still remember the sea of Rush shirts walking around before the Time Machine concert. Also, there was a bar that was playing all Rush music, and it definitely wasn't any of the greatest hits albums. There was some album cuts coming through those speakers! I really think he all the CDs loaded, and on shuffle.

I love concert day!
#12 - Posted 09/19/2012 1:55 PM by dlm [contact]

Is it Thursday yet? Looking forward to the concert.
#11 - Posted 09/19/2012 9:59 AM by igolfbad [contact]

Posted this in the Detroit open thread, and I think it bears repeating. My apologies for the rant, but I think I'm onto something here. Loved the Chicago show, and will equally love Columbus!

*rant*

@Redcygnus and all the others who felt the first set had pacing problems, and no cohesiveness: if you look closely (or just look) at the first half set list, you'll see an eerily similar "story" to that of Clockwork Angels. "Subdivisions" sets the stage by telling us about the rigid structure of our upbringing and wanting to escape ("Caravan anyone?). That sets the tone for a theme of breaking out into the world and discovering all of the surprises and dangers of life. In fact, when you examine the stories/themes of all the songs played in the first half, the recurring theme is quite obvious, paralleling the same themes of CA. The entire show is first a nostalgic telling of the dream to experience your own life, then a modern re-telling, modern in the sense of the newest music taking center stage.

In this context, the setlists are both intelligent and dramatic. Far and away a better choice than playing a mishmash of hits played over and over. This longtime Rush fan applauds the move.

*end rant*

IGB
#10 - Posted 09/19/2012 6:36 AM by Reverse Polarity

I wonder why they're not doing more Signals ??

- 30th anniversary
- imagery heavily featured on the tour book
- obvious desire to revisit some synth era material

Might they have started out intending to do more Signals and then changed tack??

Hey it'll still be a great show but some of the track choices are a bit weak, No?

For me, Signals is a much, much stronger album than PW, GuP or HyF

Have a great nite Columbus - I won't see the show til next may in Glasgow !!
#9 - Posted 09/18/2012 11:45 PM by man of willowdale [contact]

I Agree #8-jchardern( you need to also make a post over on the "Check In" ). I just left a post on the "check in" and not many posts there either. Where is everyone heading before the show??? The RBar is close. Lets gets this Party started and show them this is as always has been one on the best stops for RUSH to play. I been listening to them since 1974 and always get Fired Up and Ready when RUSH comes to Town, where are the REST of the Great Columbus RUSH FANS?..........Sound Off.......
Tim
#8 - Posted 09/18/2012 9:00 AM by jchardern [contact]

Quiet thread. I sure hope Columbus shows up for the show! I know I'm getting a tad excited...
#7 - Posted 05/12/2012 4:45 PM by dingus [contact]

Seth, I had the same thing happen to me. I got right in at 10 and was pulling up lowers...and that was for 1 seat! I won't repeat what I was saying to myself when that happened!! Let's just say I was pi**ed! I kept trying and eventually pulled up row C in section 1. Needless to say I gobbled that up real quick!!
#6 - Posted 05/12/2012 1:40 PM by seth2112 [contact]

did any one get any fronts, first three rows from ticketmaster at 10am on friday? i logged in at 10 and no floors available.

where are the seats?????