I hope everyone has a great New Year's celebration this evening as we say goodbye to 2013 and hello to 2014! As the year comes to a close, I'd just like to take some time out to thank all of the Rush fans who have visited my site over the past year and have helped me out by offering words of encouragement, contributing links, posting comments and sending along Rush-related news and information. A special thank you to everyone who has clicked on an ad, purchased products through my Amazon links or made a donation to the site. I wouldn't be able to keep the site up and running without your help. Thanks!!! 2013 was a monumental year for Rush with the band finally getting inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, embarking on a second leg of their highly successful Clockwork Angels tour and releasing an accompanying live video, and releasing their long-awaited remix of 2002's Vapor Trails. Despite the fact that 2014 will mark the 40th anniversary since the release of Rush's first album back in 1974, the band has indicated that they will not be embarking on any kind of R40 tour and will instead spend most of the year on a break from the band. That said, we've already learned that we'll at least be getting a re-issue of the debut album next year to mark the occasion, and hopefully the band will do something else special to celebrate. Assuming there won't be a tour or new album, how would you like to see the band celebrate its 40th anniversary? Take the poll and let us know. Happy Rush New Year!!!
-- Find Tickets --
SOLD OUT Seats!
$10 off $350+ with code
... hold the one you needrefresh
Time Stand Still
... the Rush calendar
Rush News Highlights
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour
- Kevin J. Anderson and Neil Peart writings
- Rush Humanitarian Juno Award
- Rush Prog cover feature
- Geddy Lee Speakeasy appearance
- Mercury-era vinyl reissues
- R40 Blu-ray box set
- Clockwork Angels graphic novel
- Geddy Lee at Who benefit show
- NeilPeart.net news update
- Neil Peart's Far and Near
- Rush Swag!
- Make a donation
- Rush Fly by Night vinyl and Blu-ray Audio reissue released today
- Neil Peart discusses his R40 drum kit in new video interview
- Rush Permanent Waves 35th anniversary In the Studio special
- Foo Fighters cover Rush's Tom Sawyer in Rio de Janeiro last night
- Rush reference and Tom Sawyer played in latest episode of HBO's Togetherness
- Alex Lifeson talks R40 Live tour in new Q107 interview
- Updates and other random Rush stuff
- New Neil Peart R40 drum kit, Lifeson amp and Geddy Lee bass at NAMM
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour pre-sales open thread
- Rush R40 Live 2015 tour official announcement!
- Blog Archive >