Monday, November 12, 2012

Rush releases details regarding the Super Deluxe reissue of 2112
10:39AM EST | comments (22) |

Rush 2112A couple of weeks ago we learned that Mercury Records will reissue a Super Deluxe version of Rush's classic 2112 album this coming December 18th, although few details were given at the time. Then last week Amazon.com began listing 3 different versions of the package for pre-order: a CD plus Audio DVD Deluxe Edition, a CD plus Audio Blu-ray Deluxe Edition and a CD plus Audio Blu-ray Super Deluxe Edition. Now Rush.com has posted details regarding the 3 different versions and what is included in each:

JUST IN TIME FOR DECEMBER 21/12 - Deluxe Editions of 2112

In time for 21/12 celebrations, Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) will release deluxe editions of Rush's landmark album 2112 that will feature 5.1 Surround Sound Mixes, Unreleased Live Tracks and the First Ever Rush Comic Book, available globally starting December 18, 2012.

There will be 3 configurations of 2112: DELUXE EDITIONS (CD/DVD and CD/Blu-Ray) and a special SUPER DELUXE EDITION (CD/Blu-Ray/Hardbound book case). The deluxe editions contain a CD/DVD or CD/Blu-Ray material including the remastered 2112 CD with 3 live bonus tracks and a DVD or Blu-ray disc with a 5.1 surround sound audio mix and an interactive digital comic book, a new album cover by original album designer Hugh Syme, liner notes and unpublished photos.

The super deluxe contains the CD/Blu-Ray and is meticulously assembled in a hardbound bookcase packed with a 40-page comic book representing every song on 2112.

2112: SUPER DELUXE EDITION

2 DISC: CD + BLU-RAY version
Housed in a hardbound book with a 40 page comic book by story artist Tom Hodges (Star Wars "The Clone Wars," The Simpson's "Treehouse of Horrors #17″) and a 24 page book with expanded artwork, liner notes, lyrics and unreleased photos. New liner notes written by David Fricke, Rolling Stone.

2112: DELUXE EDITIONS (DVD Version and Blu-Ray Version):
2 DISC: CD + DVD AUDIO/VIDEO
2 DISC: CD + BLU-RAY

Expanded artwork, liner notes, lyrics and unreleased photos by original album designer Hugh Syme. Brand new liner notes by David Fricke, Rolling Stone.

CD - Digitally remastered plus 3 unreleased bonus live tracks:
- Overture (Northland Coliseum, Edmonton, AB - June 25, 1981)
- The Temples of Syrinx (Northland Coliseum, Edmonton, AB - June 25, 1981)
- A Passage To Bangkok (Manchester Apollo, Manchester, England - June 17, 1980)

DVD AUDIO/VIDEO AND BLU-RAY CONTAIN:
- Digital Comic Book - experience the comic book formatted for widescreen televisions during playback of the album.
- Photo Gallery - unreleased photos and handwritten lyrics by Neil Peart

DVD AUDIO/VIDEO SPECS:
-5.1 Surround Sound mix by Richard Chycki in PCM (DVD-Audio players) and 48kHz / 24-bit Dolby Digital (DVD-Video players)
- 96kHz / 24-bit PCM Stereo (DVD-Audio players) and 48kHz / 24-bit Dolby Digital Stereo (DVD-Video players)

BLU-RAY SPECS:
-5.1 Surround Sound mix by Richard Chycki in 96kHz / 24-bit PCM and DTS-HD Master Audio
- 96kHz / 24-bit PCM Stereo
...

Comments

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3
#22 - Posted 11/13/12 @6:13PM by zkzt

I guess the good news is the finally release some live tracks from the 80's. We got some goodies on Beyond the Lighted Stage but I do believe this is the first time were seeing actual audio from shows that weren't intentionally filmed for home video officially released in the wild since Different Stages. Hopefully unedited/unremixed/no overdubs. :)
#21 - Posted 11/13/12 @2:06PM by Fish Eyelands [contact]

#20- I'm not shitting on the Stones. I love the Stones and will be buying the Grrr boxset for the 2 new songs and IBC demos and BBC, even though I have 98% of it already. It's merely a fact that the Stones at this stage are mostly, not completely, a nostalgia act. How many of the new tunes will they be performing in their handful of shows this year? Probably only 1 of the 2- the rest the hits or older deep cuts. Even the Stones last tour in '05-'07 where they had an entirely new album, they maybe played 3-4 new songs at best. Rush has played every song on CA, except one. You do the math...
#20 - Posted 11/13/12 @10:01AM by DiceHill2112 [contact]

#11 - "However, since they are still going on strong, and not relying primarily on nostalgia like the Stones, I don't see any of this happening for awhile."

Why does everybody shit on the Stones on here? LOL! Sure, they re-issue music, but they also consistently release new material. Rush is no different! They release new material, but this 2112 re-issue is a prime example of nostalgia. How about the Time Machine tour? Rush are no different, and there is nothing wrong with that. Just don't shit on the Stones for doing it. However, since Mercury is releasing the recent wave of re-issues, I wonder how much input Rush has into the process and what gets released. Since Rich Chycki is behind the console, I'm assuming that they are somewhat involved.
#19 - Posted 11/13/12 @7:20AM by kjbird [contact]

#13-i'm with you on this one......and #17 "like" your acoustical solution :-)
#18 - Posted 11/13/12 @4:49AM by Shota [contact]

Has anybody of you found a possibility to order the Blue Ray outside Amazon USA?
I am not sure if the Blue Ray will work in my Europeran Blue Ray Player and futhermore it will take ages to deliver.
#17 - Posted 11/13/12 @12:43AM by bucklemyshoe [contact]

I'm surprised no comments on the comic book portion (no offense but 2112 is classic awesome 2112 ... if you want it in surround sound, smoke a joint on the back deck at a cottage and listen) ... back to the book; It better not be the one I have double tucked in 6 mil plastic that showed their bio up to the end of Roll The Bones. That was super classic with amazing graphics, which at the time was glamorously unauthorized, so I am hoping is not now suddenly endorsed.
#16 - Posted 11/12/12 @10:17PM by OotS [contact]

I'm going to have to pass on this one. I'm saving my money for the Super-Ultra-Deluxe-Gold-Plus Version that is coming out in 2022. It's going to be a chip that gets implanted into your skull and plays 2112 whenever you think about the album. It will be a 10000.1 Surround Sound mix. Of course, for a little more cash you get the ocular DVD that plays on the surface of your eyeball.
#15 - Posted 11/12/12 @7:37PM by flyingmelon53 [contact]

Who am I kidding? Of course I'm getting the Super Deluxe Version...I'm just curious...is Mercury going to keep doing this in order of sales? I don't want to wait until I'm old for the Power Windows Super Deluxe Version-I want it soon!
#14 - Posted 11/12/12 @5:24PM by CraigJ [contact]

#13, #12. Is there another version that's been released in 5.1? I realize that the original wasn't recorded with 5.1 in mind, but I still want to check it out.
#13 - Posted 11/12/12 @5:22PM by Denny Crane [contact]

Sorry fella's, but I'm not on board with you guys for this one. I respect that many will buy whatever the boys put out, but I'm happy with the 10-12 versions I already own of this fine album. This is a money grab. Plain and simple. Just my $0.02

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3