Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Rush 2012 tour update: Neil Peart confirms Fall tour
10:46AM EST | comments (24) |

Clockwork AngelsYesterday in a Cape Breton Post article relaying his reaction to Rush winning a Governor General's Award, Neil Peart confirmed that the band would be embarking on a Fall tour (thanks John at Cygnus-X1.net):

... "We are especially appreciative for the presentation of this lifetime achievement award now - while we are still active (Too active, our families might say!)" said Rush drummer and lyricist Neil Peart in an emailed statement, noting that the band was putting the finishing touches on its 20th studio album, "Clockwork Angels," with a fall tour planned. ...

We've already known this to be true since earlier this year, but this is the first confirmation from an official band source. As it stands right now, the band is still in the process of routing the tour and solidifying dates, with holds on several venues across North America. Generally speaking, I've been hearing that the band will be hitting dates in the Midwest and Easter Canada in September-October, and the Southeastern US in October-November. Last week I received word from one of my more reliable tour info sources that a date at the Klipsch Music Center in Noblesville, IN is planned for Thursday, September 13th. Other possible dates are Jiffylube Live Pavilion outside Washington D.C. in September, and Atlanta and Tampa Bay in October. Although 97.1 The River in Atlanta is reporting (thanks fordman) that there will be an Atlanta date in November, but it's not clear what their source for this is. Adding to the confusion is the fact that the band already had holds on several venues from late last year when they had been pursuing their original plan of a Summer-Fall tour. So what does all this mean? It means that things are very much in a state of flux, and things can still rapidly change at any point - although I think it's safe to say that the band will be kicking off a Fall tour in North America in September. That said, my policy is to report what I hear and let my readers make of it what they will. I haven't heard anything regarding the band's plans into 2013, but my guess is that they will take an extended break for the Holidays and resume the tour early next year - possibly with a stint in Europe (just speculation at this point). As always, more information as I learn it.

Comments

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3
#24 - Posted 3/14/12 @3:09AM by Thenewworldman14 [contact]

"Emotional feedback on a timeless wavelength, baring a gift beyond price, almost free."
#23 - Posted 3/14/12 @3:03AM by Thenewworldman14 [contact]

Phoenix!!! Gotta come to Phoenix!!!! I'm ready for my 7th Rush show!!!
#22 - Posted 3/9/12 @4:52PM by TrojanRushian [contact]

Awesome news! As a fan who has been going to Rush shows since 1976, I have always gotten that tingle of excitement be it at 52 or at 16 when a tour was announced. I am so grateful to Rush for being there for me in so many aspects of my life, and to the lifelong friends I have made through concerts, RushCon tailgating, wearing Rush gear, etc.

Well I guess we all have these feelings
We can't leave unreconciled
Some of them burned on our ceilings
Some of them learned as a child

The things that we're concealing
Will never let us grow
Time will do its healing
You've got to let it go

Rush, Open Secrets
#21 - Posted 3/7/12 @10:49PM by Get up and go the distance [contact]

#16 and #19 If they are touring the southeast and midwest in the fall, my guess is that we won't see them in the west or northwest until 2013. Personally, I hope it will be in the summer, so I'll be able to get time off. I wasn't happy when I heard about the fall tour, so if I have to wait until the summer of 2013, it's fine with me.
#20 - Posted 3/7/12 @8:37PM by 2112man [contact]

Yes! I can't wait for the album and tour!
#19 - Posted 3/7/12 @5:39PM by palidrummer11 [contact]

Do you think they will come to Los Angeles? I'm assuming they do (since it's one of the biggest and busiest cities in the country, and Neil lives there... I live 5 minutes away from him actually, which is awesome!), but I didn't see anything about the west coast. What do you guys think?
#18 - Posted 3/7/12 @4:46PM by hfd413

#14 Thank you for replying to random for me. That's what I was referring to.
#17 - Posted 3/7/12 @4:42PM by FirstFanInMichigan [contact]

Sounds like another perfect birthday gift for me!
#16 - Posted 3/7/12 @3:57PM by JohnnyTRacer [contact]

Don't forget about the great NorthWest! I know they won't, ;-) but it is fun to try and guess what they will do. Neil loves riding around our area, but we have snow in the upper elevations sometimes from October-June....Hard to guess when they will grace Portland, OR with their presence????? I am hoping for an indoor show though!

RUSH ON!
#15 - Posted 3/7/12 @2:36PM by random_sample [contact]

#14- Oh, ok. Yeah, that sounds kinda familiar now that you mention it.

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3