... Rush Tour: All the World's A Stage

2013 Clockwork Angels Tour

Tue, Apr 23: Frank Erwin Center - Austin, TX

View: [View All Dates]

Show Number: 1

Show Time: 7:30 PM

[View the interactive tour map]

[Guide to Ticket Sales and Pre-sales]

Tue, Apr 23 Frank Erwin Center Austin, TX
gallery [view] [upload]     [official photos]     [YouTube videos]
discuss [general] [reviews] [open thread]
attendance 5,974/10,278 ($483,924) [setlist]

Comments

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3
#29 - Posted 04/25/2013 4:03 PM by tr1gger [contact]

I drove in from Shreveport and ended up being 30 minutes late aarrrgh ... managed to get a ticket from a tout outside for $60 . 19th row in the lower section - pretty pleased with that !

I just caught the end of Limelight so not too bad !

The crowd around me were great virtually everyone was standing and rocking. I have to say I was observing the floor crowd and from where I was sat they appeared to a bit too reserved and subdues??

I thought Geddy's vocals were fantastic and the band was really tight as per normal with ALex the only one having any equipment problems.

I went to the Indianapolis concert and I though the sound here was better.

I can't wait for next month to see them FRONT ROW with my son at Manchester UK.
#28 - Posted 04/23/2013 4:02 PM by tr1gger [contact]

Hi
Anyone got two good tickets going spare ?? Arriving late into Austin but pretty sure we could fix up to meet.
Thanks
Mark
432-894-8649
#27 - Posted 04/23/2013 9:37 AM by mcon529 [contact]

#24 and #25

full blast of Pyro for the entire closing 20 seconds of Carnies. It was awesome. Read the novel too, and you'll understand the timing of that pyro blow as well.

Enjoy the show everyone, not sure how I can cope with missing a show on this leg, may have to get creative with no Atlanta date.
#26 - Posted 04/22/2013 9:24 PM by GreeneWolfe [contact]

Anyone staying at the Super 8 (yeah I am cheap!) across the street from the venue on 12th street? PARRRRRRTY!!!!!!!! I am driving down from Dallas tomorrow, I don't know how I am going to sleep tonight, too excited!! 420 and Jimmy Beam & Cokes after the show!! I am wondering if they will change up the setlist from the 2012 shows? Anyway....give me a holla' if anyone was as smart as I was in booking the closest hotel to the venue. RUSH IS NOW COOL!!!!!!!!! Everybody who is going have a blast tomorrow!!!! I-35 HERE I COME BABY!!!!!!
#25 - Posted 04/22/2013 6:43 PM by lisah [contact]

#24,
only other pyo that I can recall from first leg of CA tour, last fall was on Caravan and Far Cry. Hope that helps. Enjoy the Austin show. Will be there too! RUSH Rocks Austin Tomorrow!!
#24 - Posted 04/22/2013 6:17 PM by Askbotboy [contact]

Thanks everyone for the input! I was lucky enough to score 1st row center for the Boston Garden show (10-2012) and I took a BUNCH of photos! I should share some. Boston doesn't allow pyrotechnics at their shows and I wanted to ask which songs had the pryo- from other shows I know Caravan has a nice "lit only by fire" line that works well- but any other puronanyone remembers? ( Iwant to try to photograph it)! My wife and I have 6th row center and I want to sneak in my small digital.
#23 - Posted 04/22/2013 4:42 PM by lisah [contact]

#22,We went to the SanAntonio and the Houston shows last Nov. and Dec. all our tickets had no cameras on them. We took our mall digital in our pocket for both shows. We didn't run into any problems. Just saying, that's what went down last year, we'll be bringing the same camera to Austin. Enjoy the show.
#22 - Posted 04/22/2013 4:18 PM by margaritaking [contact]

The ticket says No Cameras on it. Not sure how strict they are enforcing it these days since everyone has a camera phone. In the past, they've gone the Neo-Nazi route.
#21 - Posted 04/22/2013 3:12 PM by lisah [contact]

#19, Erwin center is OK as far as I know about cameras, as long as you keep them small, and in your pocket. We're going to the show and are bringing a small pocket digital camera. Need to make sure you turn off the flash. Enjoy the show and welcome to RIAB site.RUSH ON!!!
#20 - Posted 04/22/2013 3:08 PM by lisah [contact]

#18 Simon, Nice to hear from you. So stoked for Austin show. Caravan pulls out of Houston on to Austin tomorrow morning. It's not too long for you guy's in UK. The time will fly by. I do have to say that the first show as RRHOF inductees is going to be epic. Also going to Cincey in July, meeting up with KJ and some other RIABer's. RUSH ON!!!

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3