... Rush Tour: All the World's A Stage

Show Time: 7:30 PM

[Guide to Ticket Sales and Pre-sales]

Mon, Sep 24 Target Center Minneapolis, MN
gallery [view] [upload]     [official photos]     [YouTube videos]
discuss [general] [reviews] [open thread]
attendance 8,013/10,652 ($561,972) [setlist]

Comments

Page 1 of 6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6
#57 - Posted 09/24/2012 12:14 PM by kjbird [contact]

movings my pictures....love your reminiscent posts. I wish i had such a rich history of memories. Thx for sharing!
#56 - Posted 09/24/2012 12:09 PM by kjbird [contact]

Middletown Dreams-awesome! About 3:15 into the song, i hear the birth of "Animate" from T4E. All going to MN have an incredible show - last gig before our neighbors to the north get them back for a few days!
#55 - Posted 09/23/2012 11:31 PM by moving my pictures [contact]

9/24/12 Target Center More Geddy Lee than you can shake a stick at.
#54 - Posted 09/23/2012 11:22 PM by moving my pictures [contact]

The lighting for that Signals show was pretty high tech for shows in that time.I think Rush were the pioneers of the rear projection screen.I remember vividly the songs The Weapon, New World Man, Subdivisions,and Countdown such new and exciting music.The lights were a combination of the cover of Exit Stage left and the Video distant Early Warning.I can look at the cover of Exit stage left and practically walk into that picture .Walk into that time, that concert .I sit there and just relive that moment when I look at that album concert pic .It is exciting and like the smell of strawberries I can recall it in my senses.
I loved seeing Primus open for Rush in Minneapolis on on the Counterparts tour.They tore it up .My name is mudd.Herb Alexander shredded on his Pork Pie kit ...shredded.Eric Johnson with his strat -no one was there the place waspractically empty for Eric Johnson . So many fond Rush memories in my mind all the time .Rush on !
#53 - Posted 09/23/2012 10:47 PM by moving my pictures [contact]

Sorry in advance if you dont enjoy my posts .Iam not very good at writing.Test for Echoe anyone there?
My sisters brought me to Rush when I was ten.Tickets five fifty in advance.1976.Robes,Morley Pedals stepped down,Neil full of piss n vinegar and angst.Bytor and the Snow Dog.The internet was not invented.You knew nothing about an upcoming tour until the poster went up on the telephone pole in your town.
1981 MTV plays Rush twice a day gives random tour dates.Saved two dollars a day in lunch money for three months to see Rush in Minneapolis on Moving Pictures tour.Took the Greyhound bus.Was in ninth grade.Rush still used guitar chords then(no wireless) .Alex broke a string and the guitar went flying thru the air offstage and another came flying back .Very "heady times" ten seconds later my buddy said dude did you see that guitar go flying thru the air .I said yeah that was awesome!Was the third of July at the Met center huge fireworks show in parking lot afterwards.Saw Neil sneek into his drumset before the show and tune it up .It was under this large orange red sheet .You could hear him tuning it .
Bismarck ND Signals tour. General admission concert.Seventy percent of the people there had probably never seen Rush in concert and did not know what they were in for.They started a bit late .The head sound guy kept touching the keyboards to see if all was good and it went right thru you .The lights were like what it was on the cover of Exit Stage Left .Epic show .Too bad that one isnt on video somewhere.Red Drums until hell wouldnt have it .They sang "we r the plumbers that come to fix your sink"for 2112.
A friend of mine said back in the day they would actually talk to you outside of the back door after the show .He said they were always very cool and friendly .Even on the Signals tour.
At concerts back in the seventies they sold these glowing necklaces.A small transparent tube filled with glowstick stuff .You wore it like a choker necklace.I think they sold for a dollar or two and a larger one for like five .The whole place would be lit up with these green glowing concert shwag necklaces.People would take the small BB out of the ends and dump it in their hair or hook necklaces together and spin them over their heads .Was fun times man .Wish I could do it all again .Some of my favorite days in this world have been the day of the Rush concerts.Like tomorrow in Minneapolis.Long live Rush !
#52 - Posted 09/23/2012 9:09 PM by moving my pictures [contact]

Lets get this party started .Dont be shy .Iam parking four inches away from a curb.Say something funny !Tell us old Rush stories .Tell us about how excited you are lets hear it man!Lets do this
#51 - Posted 09/23/2012 10:27 AM by bassman4001 [contact]

Moneypenny - Thanks for the heads up on parking. I'll give it a try.
#50 - Posted 09/22/2012 10:42 PM by moving my pictures [contact]

Trying an experiment for this tour and failed miserably.I was staying away from getting familiar with Clockwork A's material to have it be totally fresh and new "almost Virgin" when I saw it in concert.
Neil talks about alot of stuff on his website and in the tourbooks.I love reading it, he is a good writer and his point of view is always thought provoking.The album kicks my ass as usual.After a few reads thru the lyrics and twenty five listens it starts to sink in .There is always so much to hear and wrap your head around in this music and lyrics.Becoming familiar with Rush music takes me a while and is always so pleasant when you feel that your "getting it ".Understanding the significance of what they are trying to convey in their art.The twenty fifth listen is always better than the first for me and Iam still hearing new things and gaining better understanding of the whole concept here.It could very well be turned into a play or motion picture .
Like the lyrics to Working Them Angels to me the Clockwork A. story is very evident to be derived from Neils own life and experiences.Weaved into rock music lyrics ,made into this epic journey of song,art ,book and thought.There are so many angles here .The Wreckers, an aspect of life Neil recognizes and is always so good at making into this amazing canvas of progressive rock music with Alex and Geddy.Neils values are openly expressed in the story lines.That is a big reason alot of us fans are so dedicated and get so excited about this band.The lyrics are so good .They are smart,deep,reflections on life.Neil hit a homerun here with these lyrics.I love that about this band .It is important not stupid content.When we agree with the lyrics then we become the great unwaivering fans we are together in the Target Center witnessing Rock History again with one of the greatest bands ever.I CANT WAIT TO HEAR ClOCKWORK ANGELS EPICNESS WITH YOU!!!!at the Target Center! ROCK ON!
#49 - Posted 09/22/2012 2:12 AM by daryllh [contact]

good call on the parking issue with the Twins game.
#48 - Posted 09/20/2012 5:37 PM by dogslikeRUSH [contact]

Moneypenny, I knew about this and couldn't help but wonder: If the Yankees are kicking the Twins buts (highly likely) then the atmosphere in the stadium will be akin to a morgue. Meaning all of those Twins fans will get to hear the Rush concert!

Page 1 of 6 - 1 2 3 4 5 6