Happy Canada Day!

Posted on Tuesday, July 1, 2014 at 8:05AM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#19 - Posted 7/4/14 @2:16PM by Enigmaticus [contact]

#17.

I certainly cannot compete with #9. I have never met a member of the "holy triumvirate" in my life. So, instead I am going to have to change the subject.

However, I can definitively say that I had one of the best meals in my entire life at Feast last night.

I had ordered the following items: One order of the Ricotta pancakes as an appetizer, a salad with cherry tomatoes, sliced red onions and bleu cheese and shallot dressing. Then, for an entree, I had ordered, the piece de resistance- 2 orders of those magnificent Shrimp Tacos, with sliced avocados. I cannot say enough to praise them adequately; those shrimp tacos were absolutely out of this world! For dessert, I had the Lemon Madeleines.
#18 - Posted 7/4/14 @1:46PM by Enigmaticus [contact]

#13.

I am sorry, but i am going to have to differ with you on that. If I had heard "Lessons" playing on a stereo, I would either immediately place my hands over my ears, or if i had them with me, don a pair of headphones, or offer the vendor money for that recording so that I could place it somewhere where it would never, ever, ever, ever be reached. In my honest opinion, Rush should have deleted that song from "2112" permanently and offered it up to AC/DC (after all, they are definitely worthy of such a great and generous gift). ;-)
#17 - Posted 7/3/14 @12:33PM by CraigJ [contact]

Yeah, I read that, I just wasn't sure if you were actually serious, because... Internet.

That's very cool, thanks for the updates.
#16 - Posted 7/3/14 @11:44AM by limelighter [contact]

CraigJ--- read post 10--- i did talk to him. i have 2-3 short conversations with him every year. my first was before the test for echo tour in september of 1996. i was working beside Q107 at the time.
#15 - Posted 7/2/14 @3:41PM by CraigJ [contact]

#14, so, did you actually talk to him or am I missing something? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW.
#14 - Posted 7/2/14 @2:44PM by limelighter [contact]

10-- alexfan-- i was seated along the first base line, around 40 feet from where geddy was sitting.
#13 - Posted 7/2/14 @2:04PM by drumstruck [contact]

Just had to mention... got lunch at UB Dogs today in Chicago. They have a little stereo kicking out some music. I hear the distinctive Geddy wail... Lessons! Well thought brought a smile to my face.
#12 - Posted 7/2/14 @10:13AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

They only have one Rush song on their list; I have found this to be extremely disappointing. Meanwhile, these guys:

have seven Rush songs on their list. By comparison, The Beatles have 39 songs and The Rolling Stones have 21. For goodness sake, AC/DC (a band whose music, I detest strongly) has 8 songs on their list. I think that Rush aficionados can do better, I could list several, but I am wondering what you think?
#11 - Posted 7/2/14 @6:43AM by rushbloom [contact]

Sweet! The Grand Finale for Sarnia On. fireworks for Canada Day was set off with none other than RUSH 2112 played in sync.
#10 - Posted 7/1/14 @6:24PM by Alexfan [contact]

Limeliter - is your seat near Geddy's?
#9 - Posted 7/1/14 @5:52PM by limelighter [contact]

just back from the jays game. geddy in attendance. he told me that alex is getting anxious about the new tour next year. geddy said there is no new music, they haven't worked on anything. boo. no setlists as of yet. this is news that everyone knows already. i tried at least. off to the orbit room for a few cocktails.
#8 - Posted 7/1/14 @3:22PM by Alexfan [contact]

Go Jays!
#7 - Posted 7/1/14 @1:24PM by jupeguy [contact]

Ged's at the game today.
#6 - Posted 7/1/14 @1:20PM by CraigJ [contact]

Happy Canada Day to America's hat from Canada's underpants! Remember, underpants is at least 15% funnier than underwear. I don't know why, it just is link
#5 - Posted 7/1/14 @1:14PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Love Canada as a neighbor, have not been up there in years though. Happy Canada Day!
#4 - Posted 7/1/14 @10:18AM by RushFanForever [contact]

There's a compilation album that came out in late March 2014 titled 'ICON: Best Of Canada - The 1980's.

It features 'Limelight' by RUSH and 'Take Off' by Bob and Doug McKenzie featuring Geddy Lee, along with other classic Canadian songs.

I'm listening to the compilation album in honour of Canada Day today.
#3 - Posted 7/1/14 @10:05AM by Rubinowits [contact]