Denver's remodeled Hard Rock Cafe includes new Rush memorabilia

Posted on Monday, June 9, 2014 at 4:14PM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#19 - Posted 6/15/14 @1:54AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

#18 - Posted 6/15/14 @1:44AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

#15.

I am terribly sorry, but I will have to respectfully disagree with your previous statement. The number of syllables to any Rush album name is not indicative of the quality of their work. As far as the Rush studio albums are concerned, as of today, I rank them thusly:

20. Rush

05. Different Stages
04. Snakes & Arrows Live
03. R30
02. Clockwork Angels Tour
01. Exit... Stage Left
#17 - Posted 6/13/14 @5:54PM by CraigJ [contact]

"It weighs 460 pounds and took six people to move." 6 people to move 460 pounds? Are they using eight year olds as movers now?
#16 - Posted 6/12/14 @11:54PM by chuteski [contact]

#15 cpb I love the list. The only problem I have with it is 2112 is a number and thus a zero word title.

Or is it Two Thousand One Hundred Twelve? That album is in a category all it's own.
#15 - Posted 6/12/14 @12:10AM by cpb [contact]

The following is a list of Rush's studio albums categorized by words in the title:

SINGLE WORD (phonic economy rock)
1. Rush
2. Hemispheres
3. Signals
4. Presto
5. Counterparts
6. Feedback

DOUBLE WORD (polysyllabic rock)
1. 2112 (twenty-one twelve)
2. Permanent Waves
3. Moving Pictures
4. Power Windows
5. Vapor Trails
6. Clockwork Angels

3+ WORD (phrase metal)
1. Fly By Night
2. Caress of Steel
3. A Farewell To Kings
4. Grace Under Pressure
5. Hold Your Fire
6. Roll The Bones
7. Test For Echo
8. Snakes and Arrows

I think we can all agree that this proves the superior Rush albums are those with two-word titles. Ot is interesting, however, that they have yet to choose an album title with ZERO words. A sign????!?!?

Posted at 11:07:53...54...55pm

- cpb
#14 - Posted 6/11/14 @7:51PM by spirit with a vision [contact]

Ed's random sample to me is forever the connective tissue of our beloved site.
I love Ged's classic lyrics offered at Rush's inception-
it healthily qualifies as "obscene literature"

Look out! I'm comin'.
Whoa, whoa.
Look out! I'm comin'.
Whoa, yeah

for the spirit ever lingers...
#13 - Posted 6/11/14 @10:40AM by chuteski [contact]

#10 The best brewery in the state is Great Basin Brewing, in Sparks, NV. It is about 450 miles from Vegas. If you are going to be in northern Nevada check it out. The best brewery in Las Vegas is probably Tenaya Creek. There are some other companies making good brew down there but I don't think they have a pub like Tenaya Creek.
#12 - Posted 6/11/14 @10:35AM by Rubinowits [contact]

@#5: Ya, I've never seen or heard him use that acou/electric Howard Roberts. He plays the fusion model. He probably got it, barely used at home (maybe didn't like or it wasn't efficacious for Rush) and decided he'd donate something he barely used. Beautiful guitar though.
#11 - Posted 6/11/14 @1:02AM by cakes and sparrows [contact]

get to stereogum.com, guys. that is all.
#10 - Posted 6/11/14 @12:15AM by the kid electric [contact]

#2, off-topic, but can you recommend that brewery you're talking about?
I'll be in town in a couple weeks and sure could use a recommendation!
#9 - Posted 6/10/14 @10:09PM by mysticbeat [contact]

Good one DC! and the waitresses can be Moving Pitchers..
sorry, couldn't resist.
#8 - Posted 6/10/14 @9:35PM by gag2man [contact]

These artists probably have a factory that manufactures all of these clones for Hard Rock, etal.
#7 - Posted 6/10/14 @6:01PM by Denny Crane [contact]

They should run a few promotions...

THE WORKING MAN SPECIAL

Couple pitchers of 'ice cold beer' for $21.12

DC
#6 - Posted 6/10/14 @11:37AM by Lynne G [contact]

Sweet!!! I've never visited a Hard Rock Café that had any Rush stuff!
Good excuse to visit!!
#5 - Posted 6/10/14 @11:32AM by Scott_PA [contact]

Hmmmm... Alex may have owned that Howard Roberts guitar (who am I to say that he didn't?), but that is not the one that he used on the Moving Pictures and more recent tours. The HR Fusion that he used on stage had "F" holes, and not the sound hole in the center. Just sayin' (because I cannot help myself).
#4 - Posted 6/10/14 @11:32AM by Rush-O-Matic [contact]

Man. How bad does that guitar have to suck for Alex to get rid of it? I mean, I'd take it, but for Alex to part with it . . . he must really not like it. Or, you know, have his owb PRS acoustic to promote.
#3 - Posted 6/9/14 @11:04PM by SpaceTrucker [contact]

I was recently at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas, the place is amazing but was definitely lacking in RUSH memorabilia, as in none that I could see. Shameful!
#2 - Posted 6/9/14 @10:46PM by chuteski [contact]

I wish this thread was about my favorite local brew pub, but I'll say it anyway,

Better people