Rush fan Caleb Johnson wins American Idol season 13

Posted on Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 9:30AM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#19 - Posted 5/23/14 @3:23PM by NYX [contact]

So Jack Black won American Idol?
#18 - Posted 5/23/14 @2:55PM by CraigJ [contact]

#15 - I wonder how high they had to be to come up with that?
#17 - Posted 5/23/14 @11:02AM by Rubinowits [contact]

Oots: Highlarious.
#16 - Posted 5/23/14 @9:01AM by hazlnut [contact]

Too bad Steve Tyler wasn't still on the show: "I think I used to tour with those guys...maybe?"
#15 - Posted 5/23/14 @2:38AM by OotS [contact]

Ladies and gentleman, you're NEW American Idol winner...
He takes the mike...
"Sunlight dances through the leaves, soft wind stir the sighing trees, etc"
#14 - Posted 5/22/14 @8:58PM by michinman [contact]

#13 I agree with you too. I have strong opinions about the show that I guess I should just keep to myself. Sorry folks for crapping on a positive thread.
#13 - Posted 5/22/14 @3:22PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Agreed Craig. The guy is a huge Rush fan and for that we should applaud his efforts whether we care for the venue or not. Just my humble opinion.
#12 - Posted 5/22/14 @3:15PM by CraigJ [contact]

#11 I will endeavor to stay off of your lawn!
#11 - Posted 5/22/14 @1:27PM by michinman [contact]

#8 I agree. A new twist on The Gong Show. Just a bunch of clowns IMO. I don't see anything particularly original in any of these performances either. Any handful of folks is going to have 1 or 2 that can sing covers well. Big deal. But it's selling so who am I to say. Nothing against Caleb. I hope he enjoys some success and I'm glad that he favors rock, particularly Rush. Now excuse me while I get back to my rocking chair...
#10 - Posted 5/22/14 @1:23PM by littledrummerboy [contact]

Criag, the backing band actually has beyond the talent to play Hemispheres. Look into their backgrounds, their all top-notch studio musicians. This is a kick-ass rendition of WM. Love the vocal style he brings to the song, even if AI is a big cheeze-fest. Well doe Caleb!
#9 - Posted 5/22/14 @1:18PM by CraigJ [contact]

#5 - but it's not 18 minutes long. Of course the band probably doesn't have the necessary skills to actually play Hemispheres...
#8 - Posted 5/22/14 @1:09PM by Will Collier [contact]

Yeah, fine, good for him. I still wouldn't watch that vapid Karaoke contest if you put a gun to my head.
#7 - Posted 5/22/14 @12:29PM by pete

Oh, and Caleb pretty much just lived my dream of rocking out to Rush on stage.
#6 - Posted 5/22/14 @12:25PM by pete

That's pretty cool. Looks like the drummer is having a pretty good time there. Probably isn't able to let loose like that too often on the show.
#5 - Posted 5/22/14 @12:02PM by Analog_Kidding [contact]

Mission would have been an appropriate acceptance song.
#4 - Posted 5/22/14 @11:29AM by jiminseattle [contact]

Very cool, congrats to the Rush fan for winning. Love it.
#3 - Posted 5/22/14 @10:52AM by CraigJ [contact]

He should have done Hemispheres for his acceptance song...
#2 - Posted 5/22/14 @10:44AM by joerock213 [contact]

Big middle finger to the priests of syrinx in the mainstream!!!!
#1 - Posted 5/22/14 @9:41AM by Rushfan2013 [contact]

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1