Rush reference on latest episode of USA Network's Playing House

Posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 at 11:33AM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#10 - Posted 5/22/14 @10:18PM by Denny Crane [contact]

Cra

You mean 1001001 or that other set of numbers?

DC
#9 - Posted 5/22/14 @11:27AM by CraigJ [contact]

Every time I use my ATM card is a Rush reference.

Wait, I probably shouldn't have told you that...
#8 - Posted 5/22/14 @8:34AM by oldprogrockfan [contact]

One year to the day since Rush kicked off the tour of Europe in Manchester England.

Old prog rock fan.
London England.
#7 - Posted 5/22/14 @1:50AM by cpb [contact]

Thing is, RUSH references used to be rare and thus "report-worthy". (Plus Ed just reports as much as he can and lets us decide if it's interesting or not.) No, it's not as good as OMG A NEW ALBUM NEXT MONTH GUYS but it's something. Post #6 is a testament to that.

But Denny's totally right. HOLY S YOU GUYS! In last night's CSI: Boise there was a Rush sighting! In the bit where Detective Manlove left the crime scene where the prostitute had been strangled using her own panties, he walks past door 21 and takes exactly TWELVE steps before getting on the elevator. THEN, Lt. Wyclef leans back against the metal walls of the elevator (Caress of Steel) and says "this job might cost me my hair". Later on in the program you can see a clock that has an angel on it.

You see my point. Or I hope you do. If so, please explain it to me because I've confused myself.
#6 - Posted 5/21/14 @10:35PM by Taurus Pedal Boy

haha ~ Awesome! My wife was just describing this entire RUSH sighting on this show (she saw it last night) and I said "Wait, let me see if my RUSH BLOG knows about it.". Sure enough, here it is! I love this place!!!
#5 - Posted 5/21/14 @8:04PM by Denny Crane [contact]

Well, at least this is a REAL reference to RUSH instead of some really far grasping cartoon clock thingy that maybe perhaps had a somewhat vague RUSH reference.

DC
#4 - Posted 5/21/14 @5:17PM by Runkerry

No comments for almost 2 hours because it is non-news. These vague references are boring. Sorry, but they just are. If the boys do ever tour or record again, it will be worth reading. No offence Ed because you preside over an excellent blog.
#3 - Posted 5/21/14 @1:42PM by The Sphere [contact]

Another very brief reference to YYZ and Rush by Will Smith on a tested.com "Still Untitled" podcast... during a discussion by Adam Savage on his learning to play the ukulele.... see 14:00 at this

One would think that a young(er) guy like Adam (46) would know YYZ.

Cheers!
#2 - Posted 5/21/14 @1:27PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Yes Buckle, it has been fairly quiet on the blog lately.
#1 - Posted 5/21/14 @12:53PM by 1-2-bucklemyshoe [contact]

Wow!

Almost 2 hours and no comments...

Not even "First!"