Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum Rush fan 2014 promotion

Posted on Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 2:49PM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#17 - Posted 5/25/14 @10:49AM by Enigmaticus [contact]

I have never been to Cleveland, but if I did go, I would be very interested in seeing their "progressive rock" and "psychedelic rock" displays. Meanwhile, I think that someone should build the "Progressive Rock Hall Of Fame" here in Arizona, preferably no farther than 25-50 miles away from where I currently reside.
#16 - Posted 5/16/14 @12:47PM by Diego [contact]

#14, I'm glad you shared your experience. I'm going to be in Cleveland next weekend and was planning on going to the R&RHoF. If there is nothing from Rush, I might pass. There are other things to see but I don't like how the Hall is run.

I've been to the NFL HoF a few times and noticed how things get moved and perhaps rotated between showcase and storage. Recently, some of that was likely due to construction but for the Rock Hall I don't know how things are done. Anyone else have any info or recent experience there?
#15 - Posted 5/16/14 @12:37PM by Rushian Roulette [contact]

@14--I couldve sworn I saw a pair of NEP's sticks in the big circle of sticks many moons ago....maybe that display is gone??
#14 - Posted 5/16/14 @10:04AM by conniemack99 [contact]

I took my son on a mini road trip to Pittsburgh and Cleveland over Easter weekend. We went to Pirates and Indians baseball games and then hit the RRHOF on the last day. There was not one single piece of RUSH material anywhere to be found in the whole place! Not one! Really disappointing. In fact there were many inductees for whom there was nothing to be found.

As one would expect, the overall emphasis of the place was on old time blues and 50s/60s "classic" rock. There was one display case dedicated to "Metal" which had about a dozen or so items from Maiden, Priest, Sabbath, Purple, and others which was nice to see at least an acknowledgement.
#13 - Posted 5/15/14 @10:21PM by Henrik63 [contact]

Hey first time posting a comment on this website that I have watched many years to get info on presales and show announcements thanx ed for running this site. I have been a Rush fan since I was twelve when I got Fly By Night as a birthday present from my cousin and was blown away when I first heard Anthem. Anytime I here a rush song it brings me back to a particular time in my life with great memories and much emotion. thanks Alex,Geddy and Neil for carrying us through life with music,dedication to your fans. You have never let us down.
Driving to work this morning listening to Cygnus X-1 Book II I had a revelation 2015-16 Tour call it 4114 tour ,no need to release new album ,release an epic multiparted kickass instrumental digitally to give fans a small taste of something new. 2015-16 setlist of mostly early songs Bastille day,Cygnus X-1 Book II,Passage to Bangkok,circumstances,distant early warning,Xanadu,Farewell to kings,ect. After 2015-16 tour take year off then release ep like feedback of 5 instrumental tracks to support 2018 tour. Maybe all this was just a dream . aaaaaanyway
#12 - Posted 5/15/14 @8:13PM by limelighter [contact]

out of the 4 major professional sports in north america cleveland has the record, in years, for the longest time without a championship. i was told this that a guy i know that used to live there. interesting stat.
the cavs, indians, and the browns and the cleveland barons. i won't count the barons though.
would like to visit the hall one day though.
#11 - Posted 5/15/14 @7:34PM by Denny Crane [contact]

Just rubbing ya Jim. I got nothing but love for Seattle.

Cleveland has had it's share of hard knocks. Lived there my whole childhood before joining the Military and moved right back after retiring. Had a Federal job in downtown Cleveland near that RRHoF building. It's mostly a struggling city but it still finds a way to put out a few nice recreational areas and parks.

DC
#10 - Posted 5/15/14 @6:19PM by CraigJ [contact]

Nice try Jim!

LoL. J/K.
#9 - Posted 5/15/14 @5:31PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Just looked at Cleveland attractions, looks like there is a lot to see and do.
#8 - Posted 5/15/14 @4:34PM by joerock213 [contact]

The mistake by the lake!

Being from Cincinnati I couldn't miss a chance to insult Cleveland.
#7 - Posted 5/15/14 @4:03PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Ouch!! I apologized DC.
#6 - Posted 5/15/14 @3:33PM by Denny Crane [contact]

Seattle.... pifff

DC
#5 - Posted 5/15/14 @3:07PM by CraigJ [contact]

#1, at least it's not Detroit.
#4 - Posted 5/15/14 @3:03PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Thanks Ed. I bet it is a really cool museum and I am certain Cleveland is a beautiful place to live. :>)
#3 - Posted 5/15/14 @3:00PM by rushisaband [contact]

jim- No worries. We Clevelanders are used to the abuse! :) Seriously though, regardless of what you think of the Rock Hall *Foundation* (the NY-based entity that picks the inductees), the Rock Hall *Museum* is a really cool place (and has nothing to do with selecting the inductees).
#2 - Posted 5/15/14 @2:56PM by jiminseattle [contact]

That was kinda harsh, sorry Clevelanders.
#1 - Posted 5/15/14 @2:56PM by jiminseattle [contact]

You could not pay me to go to Cleveland.........except to see Rush!