Geddy Lee talks music and wine in new Wine Enthusiast interview

Posted on Thursday, May 1, 2014 at 4:18PM

#32 - Posted 5/8/14 @12:00AM by CraigJ [contact]

I'll have a cheeseburger and a beer thanks.
#31 - Posted 5/7/14 @3:20PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

It seems they were the roasted "beet marinaded tofu" couple
#30 - Posted 5/5/14 @5:33PM by CraigJ [contact]

"bait shop red worms".

Does that pair well with a medium rare filet mignon?
#29 - Posted 5/4/14 @8:28PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

Because some hearty reds have been described as (among others) "spent tobacco"
and "bait shop red worms"
#28 - Posted 5/4/14 @12:36PM by CraigJ [contact]

because trendy?
#27 - Posted 5/3/14 @10:01PM by OotS [contact]

By the way, what is up with the size of wine glasses these days, it looks like Geddy is drinking wine out of a punch bowl with a stem.
#26 - Posted 5/3/14 @6:45PM by OotS [contact]

I agree, SnA is a very good album as a whole. And, to comment on the original post (Geddy/Wine), I'll just quote Alex Lifeson: "I like wine. It tastes good and makes you feel funny"
#25 - Posted 5/3/14 @1:43PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Hey Oots, love Good News First as well. I think Snakes is a pretty damn good album. Shoot they played nine or so songs off it on the tour so they must have dug it as well.
#24 - Posted 5/3/14 @1:22PM by OotS [contact]

Lots of love for Spindrift in this thread. It never worked for me. It's a 2 song sandwich (Song A = the hard-edged "spindrift, spindrifffft" section, Song B = the pop-ish "wind that will carry me a little closer to you" section) and neither works together or would even work for me on their own. But what do I know, I think Good News First is the best song on the album and it's widely despised.
#23 - Posted 5/2/14 @8:48PM by CraigJ [contact]

#22 - I too must admit that I worked for a flooring contractor for 3 or 4 years. This is why I will never have wall to wall carpet in my house. (pull up enough 10+ year old carpet and you'll see what I mean...)

Happy weekend.
#22 - Posted 5/2/14 @7:48PM by Alexfan [contact]

Don't hate me, but I'm in flooring too....

For real.
#21 - Posted 5/2/14 @6:22PM by joerock213 [contact]

If Geddy wants to grow grapes and drink wine...it's ok with me.
#20 - Posted 5/2/14 @2:09PM by HighFidelityRob [contact]

#10 Said it. Thank you DC.

Turn up the tunes. Ignore the trolling.
#19 - Posted 5/2/14 @12:48PM by michinman [contact]

;o)
#18 - Posted 5/2/14 @12:41PM by michinman [contact]

Jupe, hope you're kidding. I've been away from the blog for a little while so I don't know what you're referring to, but I don't give a shit what your occupation is or anyone else for that matter. Just a coincidence no one responded to your post I think, brother. I doubt there are many snobs on here. If there are, I'm unemployed now and would happily be ignored by them.

*this is an alcohol-free post
#17 - Posted 5/2/14 @12:39PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Love Spindrift and am a big fan of The Larger Bowl. I wish the guitar solo was about twice as long though.
#16 - Posted 5/2/14 @12:10PM by Runkerry

# 11 & 13 I am with you re Spindrift. One of their best on S&A. Jupe, a truly honourable occupation, and very skilled. Come on back as your posts are up there with the best.
#15 - Posted 5/2/14 @11:28AM by jiminseattle [contact]

Bring back Jupe
Jupe bring back
Back bring Jupe
Bring Jupe back
#14 - Posted 5/2/14 @11:26AM by LovinDaRush [contact]

My 2 cents...whether jupeguy was kidding or not, take it from a flooring company owner: installers may be @ the end of the chain of a sale, but without them, there is no sale!

Oh, & in keeping w/the thread, in 2012 I witnessed Geddy taking a wine cellar tour @ Bern's Steak House in Tampa.
#13 - Posted 5/1/14 @11:25PM by CraigJ [contact]

#11 - Spindrift is in my top 10 Rush songs.