New Neil Peart news update at NeilPeart.net

Posted on Monday, April 28, 2014 at 12:23PM

#33 - Posted 5/11/14 @10:37AM by mstmompj [contact]

Because playful. Maybe some folks here also shouldn't take things so seriously.
#32 - Posted 5/4/14 @12:37PM by CraigJ [contact]

Because I need a drink.
#31 - Posted 5/2/14 @10:37AM by random_sample [contact]

Because...Rush. Because...Geddy Lee. Because...Alex Lifeson. Because...Neil Peart. Because...Rushisaband. Why are we here? Because...we're here.
#30 - Posted 5/1/14 @11:23PM by CraigJ [contact]

So...

Because OZ?
#29 - Posted 5/1/14 @8:53PM by OotS [contact]

If ever, oh ever a wiz there was, The Wizard of Oz is one because
Because, because, because, because, because
Because of the wonderful things he does
#28 - Posted 4/30/14 @11:54PM by random_sample [contact]

#18- I agree, MG.
#9- lol... no kidding. The "because...." shtick wasn't workin' for me, either.
#27 - Posted 4/30/14 @7:49PM by CraigJ [contact]

The waves are certainly crashing in on the western shore...
#26 - Posted 4/30/14 @6:44PM by jupeguy [contact]

All of Neil's recent lyrics seem great to me after hearing this on the radio today - Some say she do, some say she don't. Some say she will, some say she won't. Some say she can't, well I say she can.I say I got to be her lovin' man.
I have always hated this band and although the song was from the 80's or 90's ? it makes me appreciate any of Neil's lyrics after hearing pieces of shit like this. Or how about that great Kiss song, Lick It Up. Check out those lyrics and tell me you don't appreciate Neil's lyrics!
#25 - Posted 4/30/14 @10:27AM by jiminseattle [contact]

Love the new Rush lyrics.
#24 - Posted 4/30/14 @7:57AM by MGRushFan

On a serious note, I'm glad Geddy and Alex vetoed those lyrics, as they, much like the majority of Rush's modern lyrics, are simply no good. Way too literal, which is the problem I have with most of Peart's lyrics nowadays. It's gotten to the point where you hear a lyric and go "wow, he wrote about that in that blog posting of his." Not cool. Except for flashes of brilliance like Peaceable Kingdom where he uses metaphor and imagery in an absolutely beautiful and Subdivision-like way, his lyrical quality has gone way down. When you're mining Freddy Gruber for lyrics, something is definitely wrong.
#23 - Posted 4/30/14 @7:53AM by MGRushFan

@#20, yes, I tried, but the words don't lend themselves as easy to a yoda-like sentence structure.
#22 - Posted 4/30/14 @12:23AM by cpb [contact]

"Extremism in the defense of Rush is no vice."

Oh goodie. For a little while it looked as though we'd have a dearth of socially-maladroit humor-impaired Rush fan caricatures.
#21 - Posted 4/29/14 @7:08PM by jupeguy [contact]

Because...stupid! please don't write those anymore Neil!
#20 - Posted 4/29/14 @6:58PM by jupeguy [contact]

Not as Yoda-like as the bring back broon, but good effort nonetheless.
#19 - Posted 4/29/14 @10:45AM by CraigJ [contact]

The easy solution is to not read.
#18 - Posted 4/29/14 @9:44AM by MGRushFan

I prefer the private Peart.

Prefer the private Peart, I.

The Peart of private I prefer.

The private Peart I prefer.
#17 - Posted 4/29/14 @9:04AM by Runkerry

Looks like you missed the point of the humour joerock. Not for the first time probably.
#16 - Posted 4/28/14 @10:53PM by toddvernon [contact]

Great post Neil. There are things in your life that demand being revisited..
#15 - Posted 4/28/14 @10:52PM by joerock213 [contact]

Sorry oots didn't I went to far with the "hole" statement. I get fired up about Rush sometimes. You know what they say, Extremism in the defense of Rush is no vice. Have a nice day. You're out of your element.
#14 - Posted 4/28/14 @10:38PM by CraigJ [contact]

Let's just hope a Chinaman doesn't pee on the Peart's rug, because it really ties the room together.