Rush 7 and 7 Is 7-inch Side by Side vinyl release for Record Store Day

Posted on Thursday, April 17, 2014 at 11:16PM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#10 - Posted 4/21/14 @9:49AM by chutch15 [contact]

Got mine!
#9 - Posted 4/18/14 @2:45PM by RushFanForever [contact]

To further elaborate on this, this is called the 'Warner Side By Side Series'

A mystery split single which pairs classic singles from the Warner/Atlantic/Rhino vaults with a more recent cover version.

From an older press release on Rhino Records's website.

From both band's wikipedia pages, Love's album releases are on the Elektra and Rhino labels and Rush's are on the Atlantic and Roadrunner labels.

Warner Brothers is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word.
#8 - Posted 4/18/14 @1:51PM by RushFanForever [contact]

It's confirmed as being the Love and RUSH version.

#7 - Posted 4/18/14 @11:48AM by CraigJ [contact]

I don't personally hate it, but the original versions of most of those songs just aren't my cup of proverbial tea. I think the Rush covers are better in many respects, but overall, meh. I'm more of a progressive rock, classical music kinda guy, and I've never really liked 60's rock all that much. Those songs speak a lot more to my father's (and the band's) generation than mine.

The band was paying tribute to what they love, and indulging in it, and that's awesome. I just don't feel the urge to listen to it. No hate, just meh.
#6 - Posted 4/18/14 @10:41AM by Jodeo [contact]

FEEDBACK is one of my favorite records. It's just great fun. I never understood the hate some Rush "fans" had for it.

I love to play it all the way through on road trips, turned up loud, and singing along. They did an amazing job on some classic songs, some a tad obscure. But I'm glad they gave us this gift!
#5 - Posted 4/18/14 @10:37AM by CraigJ [contact]

#4 - yes, they just crapped on my windshield. At least it's Friday.
#4 - Posted 4/18/14 @8:45AM by jupeguy [contact]

The Birds of Satan are here!
#3 - Posted 4/18/14 @12:08AM by chuteski [contact]

their. Embarrassed to say, I did preview It.
#2 - Posted 4/18/14 @12:05AM by chuteski [contact]

I know there is a hilarious joke to be written here: mystery artist, 7 inch disk, April 19th release? unfortunately I have gone down the same path as Liver, and all I can come up with is ajfndmeb kkbdrnweg. Sometimes I wish I were Lamb Saag. There stuff is always gold.
#1 - Posted 4/17/14 @11:49PM by RushFanForever [contact]

I'm sure that the 'side by side' vinyl release has both the original Love and RUSH cover version of the song.

Last year there was a 'side by side' vinyl release of 'Highway Star' featuring Deep Purple and Type O Negative.