Rush: The Rise Of Kings (1968-1981) documentary coming in May

Posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 at 8:17AM

#29 - Posted 2/27/14 @9:49AM by CraigJ [contact]

I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!
#28 - Posted 2/27/14 @9:26AM by Lamb Saag [contact]

re: #17

Neil knows my name, and my address, too...

; )
#27 - Posted 2/27/14 @6:36AM by jupeguy [contact]

Howard is a magician with those lighting effects.
#26 - Posted 2/26/14 @10:54PM by CraigJ [contact]

It's the lighting.
#25 - Posted 2/26/14 @6:57PM by jupeguy [contact]

All of this kissing up to Craig? Narrow shoulders and wimpy biceps! Guy looks like a total pussy.LOL! Just kidding...I'm not so small myself but it looks like you could twist me into a pretzel...and that's not a line from a movie!
#24 - Posted 2/26/14 @6:40PM by Most Endangered Species [contact]

Sweet! Won't need a bed with a shirt like that!
#23 - Posted 2/26/14 @6:17PM by CraigJ [contact]

#20 Pics here front: link back: link

#19 Thanks. That show was KILLER. link
#22 - Posted 2/26/14 @5:30PM by Rush-O-Matic [contact]

#14 LOL, okay. Didn't mean to rile you up! This is a comments section - I was commenting. I'm old, and have wisdom of the years to pick up on something when it's not polished. The review used phrases like "by which time" instead of simply "when," the curious spelling of "programme," and an unnecessarily long final sentence that is cumbersome to read (even slower). Combine that with the fact it's not an official release and I stand by original opinion.
#21 - Posted 2/26/14 @5:12PM by Denny Crane [contact]

This is same thing as some foolish investor buying a stock after it has hit big and skyrocketed to new heights. They are too late... the maker of this documentary is trying to cash in on a stock that has already reached new levels.

Fools they are.

DENNY CRANE
#20 - Posted 2/26/14 @4:52PM by Most Endangered Species [contact]

What did your shirt say? Is it the same shirt in your avatar? I can't read that, it's too small for me to decipher.
#19 - Posted 2/26/14 @3:37PM by mrdriven [contact]

#17- i was right behind you when you got sticks in Phoenix! Loved your shirt! (and obviously Neil did too!)

RUSH ON!!!
#18 - Posted 2/26/14 @3:37PM by 1-2-bucklemyshoe [contact]

OK, so this is "unofficial" which doesn't automatically make it bad, but it doesn't offer much hope in terms of any new material.

The time limits (68-81) could make some sense, especially if this is the first of a planned trilogy of documentaries about Rush with Volume 2 (82-01) and Volume 3 (02 to Present) but the sense I get is more along the lines of #10, that this is a cash grab ("hey, Rush is popular, let's do a documentary on them, but hey, we know that they were the most popular around MP so let's end the doc there. We can go back to '68 and drudge up some obscure people that knew them back then and get the real inside scoop."

Not holding my breath on this one...
#17 - Posted 2/26/14 @1:42PM by CraigJ [contact]

#14. Also, Neil doesn't know my name or anything about me, but I have proof that he knows that I exist.
#16 - Posted 2/26/14 @1:40PM by CraigJ [contact]

#14. You're right, of course. I will check this out, but I'm not paying for it if it's just a collection of previously published material. The guys that did BtLS were granted access. I'm extremely dubious about this one, especially since it's 1968 to 1981. I find it extremely difficult to conceive that there is anything new here that we haven't seen before. I would love to be proven wrong. But if I were a betting man (and I am) I'd bet my stake that this is not going to be worth our time. If I'm wrong I will listen to the entire Justin Bieber catalog sober.
#15 - Posted 2/26/14 @1:04PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Well put 14, we should see it before we make any judgments.

Regarding Neil I just don't read it as it does not interest me.
#14 - Posted 2/26/14 @12:29PM by lerxstz [contact]

#4: That editorial review was grammatically correct and made perfect sense. Try reading it a little slower maybe. One person dumps on this documentary (without seeing it first) and y'all start ripping it to shreds like a pack of wild hyenas. The only thing more absurd is watching the Peart bashing on this site every time he updates his website. (Get real, Peart isn't telling YOU to do anything or telling YOU how to live your life and he's entitled to his opinion. He doesn't even know you exist.)

The description of the documentary sounds like it might have some interesting behind the scenes kind of stuff. It may be a bit of a "me too" after Beyond the Lighted Stage, but I will withhold judgement until I've seen it or read real reviews.
#13 - Posted 2/26/14 @12:12PM by jiminseattle [contact]

#11. What a shame.
#12 - Posted 2/26/14 @11:59AM by CraigJ [contact]

wankers
#11 - Posted 2/26/14 @11:07AM by simon r

Off topic the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame strikes again-there appears to be a dispute within KISS over lineups so they dont intend to play at ceremony-see their website for the story.
#10 - Posted 2/26/14 @10:20AM by CraigJ [contact]

WooHoo! Rush is popular! Let's get on the bandwagon and cash in! Big Money got a mighty voice!

I'll get it from bit torrent. If it's original and good I'll buy it. Odds of that? 1 in 2112? Probably lower...