Rhythmic Composition book from Porcupine Tree drummer Gavin Harrison to include foreword by Neil Peart

Posted on Thursday, February 20, 2014 at 12:10PM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#8 - Posted 2/21/14 @11:48AM by beekeeper [contact]

@joerock : Listen to the drumming on PT's "Anesthetize" - it might make you a fan.
#7 - Posted 2/21/14 @10:56AM by joerock213 [contact]

Someone would want to read this? Why should I listen to PT? Really, convince me as a Rush fan.
#6 - Posted 2/20/14 @7:50PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

Yessir...

Steven Wilson sure knows how to mix & master, wish I could say the same for RUSH sound engineers of late.
#5 - Posted 2/20/14 @7:32PM by WatchmakersDadsDadsDadWatch [contact]

Fellas . Listen up. I've been listening to the studio masters of these Porcupine Tree kids and they have what , to my professionally trained left ear, appears to be a solid gold sound. The 3 record stretch from Deadwing through Fear of a Blank Planet is something few bands ever sniff. The meat of this sonic sandwich, In Absentia , an abstract concept piece based on a serial killer, is easily one of the great records you will ever hear should you give it a listen. The 3 bonus tracks on the Euro edition are essential. Just a warning though, there is no cowbell on this record, but that said it is growing on me, particularly in the ear region.

Ciao kids!
#4 - Posted 2/20/14 @6:59PM by psimon88 [contact]

I'll be interviewing Gavin in April about this for The Huffington Post.
#3 - Posted 2/20/14 @2:36PM by lisah [contact]

Outstanding! Rush and PT, two amazing bands. Neil and Gavin, two of the best drummers. Rush On!
#2 - Posted 2/20/14 @12:42PM by LanceTheShred [contact]

You know it limelighter!! GH and NP are my two favs!
#1 - Posted 2/20/14 @12:21PM by limelighter [contact]

PORCUPINE TREE====GREAT BAND. PERIOD. THE END.