Kevin J. Anderson, Neil Peart talk Clockwork Angels: The Graphic Novel in new USA Today article

Posted on Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 3:47PM

#21 - Posted 12/13/13 @7:27AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Owen looks like a dork.
#20 - Posted 12/13/13 @6:28AM by freewilly [contact]

I think I understand what Neil is saying and I don't want to sound explicitly smart but I don't think fear is necessarily a human weakness, it can be but it can be a very useful and realistic sense of warning ("they also have human weaknesses, like fear, pride and envy.")
#19 - Posted 12/12/13 @3:31PM by limelighter [contact]

there is an article about the CA comic book in today's toronto star.
#18 - Posted 12/12/13 @3:28PM by briebeaz [contact]

This is so tacky and unnecessary. The album was great, the tour was even better, but seriously: QUIT WHILE YOU'RE AHEAD, FELLAS.
#17 - Posted 12/12/13 @3:26PM by joerock213 [contact]

And at what point do they release the Test For Echo tour DVD? 2112 in it's entirety!!!!!!
#16 - Posted 12/12/13 @1:59PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

#13- Agreed. I listened to the audio book, and I thought it sounded like Neil was reading it as if it was geared towards younger kids.
#15 - Posted 12/12/13 @12:28PM by snowdog20 [contact]

...or the pop-up book. He kind of looks like a cross between Lou Diamond-Phillips and Teddy Atlas.
#14 - Posted 12/12/13 @11:20AM by marty from clayton [contact]

I'll wait for the Owen Hardy Muppet TV Special.
#13 - Posted 12/12/13 @11:01AM by CraigJ [contact]

I read the book and I liked the story, but for some reason it felt to me like it was written for elementary school level readers. I'm not asking for Tolstoy, but a little more in depth character development and a more sophisticated writing style would be welcome. Also, the references to Rush could be a lot more subtle.

Might check this out or not. Depends on the price.
#12 - Posted 12/12/13 @11:01AM by Runkerry

Yawn, yawn, yawn! If the novel of CA is as difficult to get into as Terra Incognita, best avoided.

This is really scraping the barrel. Stick to the music boys. This other stuff if so peripheral/removed from Rush.
#11 - Posted 12/12/13 @10:58AM by Jediyyz [contact]

I for one am excited for the graphic novel. I am currently teaching Clockwork Angels to my Senior students. Studying the lyrics and applying them to their lives have led to new insights into the story. Playing each song from the DVD after each discussion has been a lot of fun! Who knows, I may have helped to create some new Rush fans!

Endlessly Rocking!
#10 - Posted 12/12/13 @6:57AM by jaeger [contact]

I agree about the look of Owen. But many people in Britain have other roots, Denmark being a key source of "early" "immigrants," by Thor!
#9 - Posted 12/11/13 @7:38PM by jiminseattle [contact]

I Love Rush!!! The band..............
#8 - Posted 12/11/13 @7:18PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Evil right winger. Smaller government, living within budgets, recognizing the constitution. Oh the nerve.
#7 - Posted 12/11/13 @7:16PM by Homey M Holmes

"The Right-Winger."
#6 - Posted 12/11/13 @6:43PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Homey,

That is funny!
#5 - Posted 12/11/13 @6:09PM by Ajax5 [contact]

Gotta laugh at the assertion that Owen Hardy is from a "British" village...As depicted, he really reminds me of a friend of mine (who is of Japanese and Danish heritage). I think I remember Anderson discussing when the book came out that he intentionally designed the world with a very cosmopolitan feel to it--both in terms of the names of the characters and what they looked like. Really looking forward to seeing the visuals.
#4 - Posted 12/11/13 @5:43PM by gag2man [contact]

It was Ray's idea. He needs the $ to cover the psychiatric help he's receiving to get over the butt kicking that Sammy Hagar put on him in his bio.
#3 - Posted 12/11/13 @5:34PM by Homey M Holmes

Yeah, they could have an evil Rush Limbaugh character on ice skates.
#2 - Posted 12/11/13 @4:00PM by Rushian Roulette [contact]

Quote: "Who knows, we might have ice follies someday or a Broadway musical." ...

That, mein Froinds, was a slip up of the first degree! It would make sense in the Ray Danniels world of "get the cash while you can"...I can see it now: "Clockwork Angels, the musical". Or: "Clockwork Angels on Ice!!" Showtimes at 2pm, 5pm and 8:30pm.

Uggh, I think that KISS' manager has been imparting ideas to Ray Danniels, if that's his real name.

PASS