Heaven Below covers Rush's Subdivisions with help from William Shatner on new Sleeping Giants EP

Posted on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 1:35PM

#38 - Posted 12/8/13 @12:08PM by random_sample [contact]

I think it's a pretty good cover of Subdivisions. Jacob Moon's version is hard to beat, though. The video for this ...is strange. Some interesting/cool visuals, but not much of the video seems to have anything to do with the song.
#37 - Posted 12/6/13 @6:44AM by starscreamsrevenge [contact]

I don't normally like other people covering Rush' songs, but that version of Subdivisions really rocked!! It gave the song a ferocity that I hadn't felt before. The vocals could have had less autotune I'll admit, but imagine if Rush a re-record like this?? Shatner was great too, at least he didn't use his 'singing' voice for the passages!!

That would be a great project for the 40th, re-record 80s songs with that harder guitar driven edge rather than more synth based. It could work, what does everyone else think?
#36 - Posted 12/5/13 @9:30PM by drjohn99 [contact]

Terrific cover of Subdivisions! The video is also amazing! Thanks for posting!
#35 - Posted 12/5/13 @8:13PM by limlight81 [contact]

OMFG Simply amazing cover and Shanter awesome choice very cool!
#34 - Posted 12/5/13 @6:33PM by CraigJ [contact]

FYI all the visuals are from here: link
#33 - Posted 12/5/13 @6:26PM by CraigJ [contact]

Why the Shatner hate? The Shat is awesome.

Just analyzed that album cover a bit. Love the 2112 reference and the Federation sleeping bag.
#32 - Posted 12/5/13 @5:35PM by Lynne G [contact]

Really good cover! Listened to it a few times.
Not happy about Shatner being it though!
#31 - Posted 12/5/13 @4:20PM by RushInHawaii [contact]

#28 Even better than the real thing!
#30 - Posted 12/5/13 @3:05PM by JohnnyTRacer [contact]

#28 X1YYZ........Thanks for a great laugh! I am new to guitar playing, and know how hard it can be to tackle Rush. I am fine with Working Man up until the solo, then I bow out ;-) I can do a few other songs, but just the 1st part and then I'm done. VERY FUNNY STUFF!

RUSH ON!
#29 - Posted 12/5/13 @2:16PM by CraigJ [contact]

#28 - Best ever. AAAA+++!!! would listen again.
#28 - Posted 12/5/13 @1:59PM by X1YYZ [contact]

Here's the best-ever Rush video: link
#27 - Posted 12/5/13 @1:08PM by chutch15 [contact]

Good cover version. Much of the video is just spliced-together parts of commercials and movies.
#26 - Posted 12/5/13 @10:18AM by CraigJ [contact]

All I have to say is link
#25 - Posted 12/5/13 @9:10AM by UnstableCondition

That was terrible. Autotuned vocal cheese. Guitar solo massive fail. I don't know why I continue to subject myself to these Rush covers! I guess I deserve the punishment...?
#24 - Posted 12/5/13 @8:25AM by Denny Crane [contact]

@#23

I'll have you know I once captained my own spaceship.

DENNY CRANE

P.S. I thought it was "okay"
#23 - Posted 12/5/13 @4:35AM by Xaromir [contact]

I wish Shatner wouldn't have his hands in there. Have you ever seen what he considers to be "music"? Here he's sodomizing "Rocket Man" link

Plus - Shatner is an asshole and all around poor person.
#22 - Posted 12/5/13 @3:50AM by Shirking_Man [contact]

Excellent cover. Loved the energy they bring to the song. Excellent video. And Shatner!

What's not to like?
#21 - Posted 12/4/13 @8:47PM by flyingmelon53 [contact]

This might get me banned...but I wish RUSH could make a video this clever and contemporary. It's clearly a cut-and-paste of clips from the internet, but to me it's like the video equivalent of mash-up songs like Girl Talk or DJ Shadow do. These guys are clearly fans...and one of the reasons Subdivisions is so often covered is that Neil hit one of his many sweet spots in terms of succinct and universal lyrics-it's as relevant today as it was 30 years ago.
And getting "The Shat"? Pure genius.
#20 - Posted 12/4/13 @8:45PM by limowreck [contact]

Squirrel!!!!!
#19 - Posted 12/4/13 @8:44PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

Whoa Beavis !
- was that Josh Homme from Queens of the Stonehedge ?