Clockwork Angels: The Graphic Novel from Kevin J. Anderson coming April 2014

Posted on Thursday, November 21, 2013 at 2:31PM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#17 - Posted 11/24/13 @6:35AM by Rushannadanna [contact]

#6 Good laugh
#16 - Posted 11/22/13 @9:53PM by drmike [contact]

Not all KJA's writing is simplistic, but CA certainly was. At the same time, I think the novel added a lot to the story of CA so it was worthwhile to me (and I've heard similar from others who actually read (or listened to) the novel.

I'll have a look at the graphic novel before I decide if it's worth it to me. I really don't think it's going to make anybody much money, but it might be something I can buy for my nephew (who happens to like graphic novels).
#15 - Posted 11/22/13 @6:36PM by jaeger [contact]

Life is an excuse to make money, he he
#14 - Posted 11/22/13 @1:00PM by CraigJ [contact]

I've been thinking about this, and I have some thoughts. First some relevant lyrics:

"You don't get something for nothing..."
"I will choose a path that's clear - I will choose free will"

There is no such thing as a "money grab" unless you are referring to theft. I'm fairly neutral on KJA's work, but putting together a graphic novel is a lot of work, even if it sucks (not saying this will or won't). If you don't like it, don't buy it. Exercise free will, and don't pay something if you think you're going to get nothing of value. At the end of the day we all need to pay our bills and a writer pays his bills by writing.

By all accounts KJA is genuinely enthusiastic about this project and Rush, and I for one say good for him. No "money grabbing" going on here.

Carry on complaining.
#13 - Posted 11/22/13 @12:36PM by mrdriven [contact]

does it always have to be an excuse to make more money?

can it just be art for art's sake?

maybe they think some people will like it...
maybe they like working on a project that they are passionate about...

and on some other level, hope that others will like it too...

if they get a financial reward after rewarding someone with an experience they would have not normally had is that bad/evil/harmful?

RUSH ON!!!
#12 - Posted 11/22/13 @11:01AM by Graham GB38457 [contact]

Definitely an excuse to make more money.

I read the book and it was OK. Not the greatest or worse book I have read.

Why else would they embark on this project? Are the public crying out for this............ Don't think so.

Its simple ........ cashing in.

Good luck to them though. Hope its a success. But my cash will remain in my pocket.
#11 - Posted 11/22/13 @10:51AM by Jediyyz [contact]

Most of this thread is proof why the "Gnomes" took a jab at many of the RIAB commenters! "Always angry and dissatisfied."

Kevin J. Anderson is a prolific writer. I enjoyed his work on Clockwork Angels. The latest project sounds interesting.
#10 - Posted 11/22/13 @10:49AM by Lamb Saag [contact]

Add a few vampires, or the walking dead, and then it'll sell.

(Ever see a copy of "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies"?...)

#9 - Posted 11/22/13 @10:13AM by CraigJ [contact]

To be fair, the band as a whole has distanced themselves from this and made it clear that it's Neil's thing. So this is Neil and Kevin Anderson, not Rush.

The book wasn't horrible, but it wasn't Lord of the Rings if you know what I'm saying. I find KJA's writing simplistic, and it's fine for a diversion, but he's no Larry Niven...
#8 - Posted 11/22/13 @7:46AM by gag2man [contact]

Did Gene Simmons put them up to this?
#7 - Posted 11/21/13 @6:11PM by drumkit13 [contact]

Well.....at least it not clockwork angels on ice......with muppets....
#6 - Posted 11/21/13 @5:22PM by Denny Crane [contact]

I'll watch this while wearing my Rush Ski Jean Jacket.... not.
#5 - Posted 11/21/13 @4:32PM by Rushian Roulette [contact]

Speaking of KISS (see Kiss Cruze story below), this (dumb) comic book idea / cash grab is starting to remind me of how Kiss put the logo on EVERYTHING...I'm just waiting for Ray Danniels to announce that Rush will be mixing their blood with the ink for this comic book.

I hate to say it, but I'd rather read one of Neil's rants against religion or the so-called right wing wackos (of which I am one, LOL) than crack open this silly thing. Just my .02

When will we start to hear about the Pagan winterfest?

Peace.