Happy 10th anniversary Rush in Rio!

Posted on Monday, October 21, 2013 at 10:34AM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#14 - Posted 10/23/13 @3:19PM by freewilly [contact]

Thinking of VT Remixed because of this, and how the album maybe only should have been remastered or something, or at least not totally reworked... not many rotations yet but my initial enthousiasm about the remix has toned down a bit.
#13 - Posted 10/22/13 @11:43AM by jaeger [contact]

#1 Time for Latin class. It's at least a tune from Yes' Drama: Tempus Fugit. link
#12 - Posted 10/22/13 @10:21AM by Rubinowits [contact]

I concur with #6.
#11 - Posted 10/21/13 @7:48PM by Jaybird [contact]

I think showing these concerts on the big screens has become an old fashioned thing. At Fairfax Va, the Cleveland show was attended sparsely. Folks watch at home.
#10 - Posted 10/21/13 @7:10PM by holeinone53575

Love the Boys in Brazil. One of the best behind the scenes look at Rush.
#9 - Posted 10/21/13 @6:08PM by joerock213 [contact]

Different Stages DVD? 2112 in its entirety.
#8 - Posted 10/21/13 @5:15PM by Runkerry

Limelighter, correct re Time Flies. I saw Steven Wilson live last night at London's Royal Albert Hall. Great venue, great show. I think Porcupine Tree's days are done as SW is really going well with his solo career. Ok, I know this is a Rush blog, but Alex did play guitar on PT's 'Anaesthetise'! And it's good to love other artists, right?
#7 - Posted 10/21/13 @4:26PM by Alexfan [contact]

The whole Rio experience is something that the band and the "inner circle" around the band were totally blown away by, and still are shaking their heads over today.I think this video does a great job of capturing it.

I am very moved when I see those thousands and thousands of people during the concert thanking from above, and being so truly in awe of having the chance to see Rush live. The emotional charge in that stadium is beyond description.

I hate the jerkiness of the erratic changes of angles, but c'est la vie. Like fashion, like videos, like sound production, - a lot of things in the Rush camp were never really done "right" by most standards, but that has never stopped me from being one of their biggest fans.
#6 - Posted 10/21/13 @3:17PM by Watchmaker9 [contact]

The last great live recording the boys have done, such fantastic energy and sound. I hope CA Tour is as good. R30, S&A, TM have all left me wanting.
#5 - Posted 10/21/13 @12:21PM by 1-2-bucklemyshoe [contact]

I agree about the camera angles and general jumpiness of the whole video. However, it also seems to fit in with the whole Rio scene, the excitement of the fans and the enthusiasm of the crowd as a whole.

If that was the only live DVD of the boys, I might be disappointed, but we have had several others since then and are expecting one more.

They seem to have experimented with the overall approach on each recording, so I am hopeful that the CA show will be well done and will incorporate the best of all the previous shows.
#4 - Posted 10/21/13 @12:06PM by Scott_PA [contact]

Hard to believe it was 10 years ago. I have trouble watching it with all of the changes in camera angle... it is like someone with no attention span had the remote. But, still, a cool document of the trip and show.
#3 - Posted 10/21/13 @12:04PM by Rushannadanna [contact]

Trifecta!!
#1--thumbs up on the porcupine tree shout out,,great tune.
Rio....love this show.
#2 - Posted 10/21/13 @11:48AM by FlyingRoadstar [contact]

I counted, and there are 4.2 million camera changes in the first 45 seconds. I had to watch it twice because I lost count the first time.

Great show.
#1 - Posted 10/21/13 @11:10AM by limelighter [contact]

wow. times flies. isn't time flies a song from porcupine tree? great band as well.