Rush Clockwork Angels Tour theatrical release November 18th

Posted on Friday, October 18, 2013 at 9:35PM

#24 - Posted 11/1/13 @1:29PM by ythesun [contact]

Anyone in SF attending this (Nov. 18 at Century SF, Market St). Just looking for a rush meetup at a bar for pre-party!! :)
#23 - Posted 10/27/13 @8:57AM by tripdad [contact]

$27.50 for two tickets at a Cinemark in Valleyview, Ohio! Are you kidding me? I just spent $100 on the box set I think I may wait and project it at home myself.
#22 - Posted 10/26/13 @6:04PM by rush21122 [contact]

Delaware regel cinema brandywine is getting it . so happy so close to my house, I never been to any of the dvd/screenings so this will be my first. can't wait...
#21 - Posted 10/25/13 @12:18PM by 1357

Say,any New York City screenings? That would REALLY be cool. Getting DVD pronto man.
#20 - Posted 10/25/13 @12:05AM by drummerboy2112

here's a proper link:

and I like the pre-chorus thing, but if it was in a different key, no, wait, I dont want anything there :)
#19 - Posted 10/25/13 @12:02AM by drummerboy2112

#18, appreciate the comment, but way too much for me,
these parts hurt the song for me, and my real intention was to add this little bit at the end, I couldnt get the right length bc Ged starts singing so I faded it out, but I think the point is there, i.e. I would have shortened the outro (by 8-10 bars or so) and do a red barchetta feel, and tie in the original melody

www.myallergycenter.com/TheGardenREMIX2.mp3

anyways, I have this version on my usb in the car, and its so much nicer :)
#18 - Posted 10/24/13 @8:48PM by kennyplay1 [contact]

drummerboy2112 ... oh, the remix.... ouch, i really miss the pre-chorus..
#17 - Posted 10/24/13 @12:06PM by Rushannadanna [contact]

lisa....let's go
#16 - Posted 10/23/13 @8:32PM by kjbird [contact]

Just bought my tickets for the showing! Anyone around Cincinnati area, Regal theater in Mason, Ohio!!. I saw on some site may also be playing at Rave in Milford, and Showcase in Springdale? The fandango site only brings up theaters based on zip, wish there was a clean "list" nationwide of all the theaters running the film. I was hoping they would release this in the theaters when the DVD production was announced and my wish certainly came true! Another opportunity for Rush fans to assemble and enjoy the tour!!

Shout out to cajava!! Hope to see you there too!
#15 - Posted 10/23/13 @1:28PM by Rubinowits [contact]

FYI - Regal cinemas in Seattle is playing the concert on Monday Nov. 18 at 7Pm. Get yer tix via Fandango - I did. See you there.
#14 - Posted 10/23/13 @3:33AM by deslock [contact]

> #9 - Posted 10/21/13 @11:46PM by drummerboy2112 [contact]
> I know this is going to get a *lot* of crap, but here it is anyways, I
> had to remix the Garden with what I thought was a better flowing tune.
> I know, I know, this is sacriligeous, but man, I couldnt help myself
> on this one. The song was too good to have it, in my mind, killed by
> these pre-choruses between the verses. I would have cut them out, they
> dont contribute to the flow or the song, to my ears anyways.

I don't care for the "It's a measure of a life" choruses (especially when they repeat a lot at the end), but otherwise I enjoy The Garden.

I checked out your edit and you cut out ~1:11-1:47 and ~2:47-3:36. Apart from the above-mentioned chorus being in that second section (at 3:09 in the original version), those are some of my favorite parts of the song.

I've made my own edits before, so I don't consider it sacrilegious... it's just yet another example of how Rush fans can have opposite opinions of various songs.
#13 - Posted 10/22/13 @8:17PM by drummerboy2112

Oh and I forgot to add about that chorus/prechorus part, I was taking a page from Neil when he mentioned less is always less but less costs more, and you have that wonderful chorus thru the end of the song almost like BAM, here's what you've been waiting for. The choruses I took out just bog the song down, it's a different key or scale I'm not sure which but it takes away from the gorgeous verses and that Damn incredible melody (remember melody?)

They go and wreck it with some crazy jagged sounding chorus only to go back into

No no! Keep that melody going until the solo I say

Anyways my 2 cents ( or 2 minutes to edit it in this case)

Jupe and whoever else is Listening to this Convo, lists to it a few more times and let me know if you changed your minds that's all I ask :)
#12 - Posted 10/22/13 @8:09PM by drummerboy2112

Thanks Jupe and like I said I had to do it, didn't necessarily need to post it but I thought what the heck, 'is there anyone else who thinks the same way' which is perhaps the point of this rushblog

Anyone?
#11 - Posted 10/22/13 @11:47AM by jaeger [contact]

Theatrical release? Will the dude from the cover of FtK be introducing it?
#10 - Posted 10/22/13 @9:07AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

#9- I see where you're coming from with your re-mix, I guess those "pre-choruses" don't HAVE to be in there, but the problem for me is.....I LOVE those pre-choruses! The guitar sound and the lyrics in those sections are really touching to me and also I think with a great song like "The Garden", why would you want to shorten it?! Me thinks the original is about a perfect of a mellow Rush tune as you could get(or any band for that matter). Now take that flame suit off!I think most rational Rush fans in here will respect your thoughts/your version.
#9 - Posted 10/21/13 @11:46PM by drummerboy2112

I know this is going to get a *lot* of crap, but here it is anyways, I had to remix the Garden with what I thought was a better flowing tune. I know, I know, this is sacriligeous, but man, I couldnt help myself on this one. The song was too good to have it, in my mind, killed by these pre-choruses between the verses. I would have cut them out, they dont contribute to the flow or the song, to my ears anyways.

*flame suit on*

oh, and Ed had nothing to do with this, this is on my site, and it's essentially no different than the links posted by Ed by others who have remixed Rush tunes, tribute bands, to Jacob Moon to the Tom Sawyer remix from Small Soldiers. This took me all of 2 minutes to do as well, including rendering time.
#8 - Posted 10/21/13 @10:26PM by deslock [contact]

> #7 - Posted 10/20/13 @5:19PM by dingus wrote
> they don't appear to be showing the entire show if the running time is 2:25.

Yeah, that does seem a little short, though not *that* short. Running times for CD versions (not including bonus tracks):

2:40 RiR
2:32 SnAL
2:27 TMT
??? CAT

Post-hiatus Rush concerts are almost 3 hours only if you count the intro, intermission, outro, and time between songs. If the pattern continues, maybe without that stuff CAT could be as short as 2:25?

For reference, number of songs (not including bonus tracks):

29 RiR
27 SnAL
26 TMT
28 CAT (counting 1 guitar and 2 drum solos separately... also note that they played 10 CA songs in Dallas rather than the usual 9)

Average song length:
5 min 31 sec RiR
5 min 38 sec SnAL
5 min 39 sec TMT
??? CAT

Note yet sure what the average length of songs will be on CAT, but consider songs over 8 minutes on these tours:
RiR: La Villa (10 min) + Natural Science (8 min) + drum solo (8 min)
SnAL: MalNar with the drum solo (almost 11 minutes)
TMT: The Camera Eye (10 min) + drum solo (8 min)
CAT: 2112 I/II/VII (should be a little over 8 min)
#7 - Posted 10/20/13 @5:19PM by dingus [contact]

#5, I agree w/you. Plus, they don't appear to be showing the entire show if the running time is 2:25. I want to see the entire thing the first time through. Hopefully it'll be like when the Time Machine DVD was shown in theaters. When they first said it was going to be shown in theaters, it was supposed to be a shortened version like this. It ended up being the entire concert. If that ends up being the case, I'll go.
#6 - Posted 10/19/13 @1:09PM by LisaC [contact]

I found a listing on Fandango for a Cinemark theater in Somerdale NJ for 7 pm on November 18th. See you there!
#5 - Posted 10/19/13 @12:39PM by mstmompj [contact]

If it were coming to the theater *this* month, I'd probably be eager to go. Only a day before I get my own copy of the DVD, it seems less worth the drive time and the money.