Geddy Lee talks Clockwork Angels Tour CD/DVD/Blu-ray in new VH1 interview

Posted on Thursday, October 17, 2013 at 1:10PM

#23 - Posted 10/18/13 @11:46AM by larryrushman [contact]

speaking of power windows....what about that awesome version of the manhattan project with the strings live on the CA tour, that was well worth the price of admission, for those of you fortunate enough to have seen that song live. emotion detector is the tune of that album though in my little rush mind!

Thanks for all the entertaining reading from all you great rush fans.
#22 - Posted 10/18/13 @11:22AM by jaeger [contact]

GI is definitely a hysterical document!
#21 - Posted 10/18/13 @1:38AM by deslock [contact]

> #19 - Posted 10/17/13 @11:31PM by CheeseCorn [contact]
> Gwen: They're not ALL "historical documents." Surely, you don't think Gilligan's Island is a...
> Mathesar: ...Those poor people.

LOL
#20 - Posted 10/18/13 @1:37AM by deslock [contact]

Geddy has talked a couple times about releasing a collection of instrumentals, with a new one or two. If they did that in 2015, I'd like to see them tour supporting both it and Vapor Trail Remixed (playing a few songs that were left out in 2002) while bringing back BU2B (was a shame it was skipped last tour) and Jacob's Ladder:

Setlist A

(encore)
Headlong Flight
YYZ > La Villa > Tom Sawyer
2112 VII

* = in set A or set B
#19 - Posted 10/17/13 @11:31PM by CheeseCorn [contact]

Mathesar: ...Those poor people.
#18 - Posted 10/17/13 @7:32PM by Fear [contact]

As far as preserving Geddy's voice, I think La Villa, YYZ, Overture, and maybe a medley or two sprinkled in would help as well as maybe bringing back a tune from Feedback in which he can sing in his lower register. Throw Losing It, Second Nature, Ghost Of A Chance, Madrigal or Rivendell in there while their at it. I never cared so much about a setlist all these years, but I'd be extremely disappointed not hearing Ged's singing voice at a show.
#17 - Posted 10/17/13 @7:06PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

I mentioned this a couple of threads back in the discussion about Ged's vocals.
Now I know this would never happen but they should do a tour of only instrumentals. I'd love to see that. Or let it be known that they are going to play mainly instrumentals with a few "vocal" tunes thrown in amongst the instrumentals. Obviously it would mostly be die-hards attending and crowds would be smaller so they could book more intimate venues. Like I stated already though, it would never happen.
#16 - Posted 10/17/13 @7:06PM by palidrummer11 [contact]

hahahaha #15
#15 - Posted 10/17/13 @6:49PM by OotS [contact]

I watched both of Geddy's interview clips and I have a couple comments. He was clearly pitchy in both clips and both had too many camera cuts. The Triscuit commercial before the clips was good though.
#14 - Posted 10/17/13 @6:33PM by CraigJ [contact]

yeah. Old analog synths has oscillators and electronics that were more sensitive to heat than digital synths, and thing could get out of phase, etc. This is why the DX7 was such a big deal in 1983.
#13 - Posted 10/17/13 @6:20PM by bucklemyshoe [contact]

I didn't know synthesizers could go out of tune. Am I reading that right ?
#12 - Posted 10/17/13 @6:09PM by broughttoyoubytheletterj [contact]

...More than simple greed

must feed this burning need...
#11 - Posted 10/17/13 @5:51PM by LanceTheShred [contact]

All in good fun Jim!
#10 - Posted 10/17/13 @4:52PM by jiminseattle [contact]

tis cool Jupe! I embarrasingly had not heard all of Power Windows before the last tour. Once I did I was and am blown away by its excellence. My favorite is Marathon and it was just killer to hear that played on the TM tour, a real thrill for me.
#9 - Posted 10/17/13 @4:44PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Sorry Jim, I wasn't trying to start all that. I was actually second guessing myself on that because I mean if Ged gets the name wrong...I thought "wow for years I've been calling it Grand Designs", but you called it that also so it threw me for a little loop there. Again sorry about that!
#8 - Posted 10/17/13 @4:35PM by jiminseattle [contact]

Now is all of this thrashing really necessary due to a simple mistake? Come on. :>)
#7 - Posted 10/17/13 @4:23PM by LanceTheShred [contact]

I am real fond of that song Jacob Ladder. Snake and Arrow is another gem. Let us not forget Subdivision, A Farewell to King, Carnie and Roll the Bone...;)
#6 - Posted 10/17/13 @4:11PM by conniemack99 [contact]

Yes Grand DesignSSSS. No Time StandSSSS Still.
#5 - Posted 10/17/13 @4:08PM by jiminseattle [contact]

I dunno Jupe but it is a killer tune!
#4 - Posted 10/17/13 @3:40PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Isn't it "Grand Designs" not "Grand Design" Geddy and Jim?