Full Preview clip of Jacob Moon's cover of Rush's Limelight from upcoming Fascination album

Posted on Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 1:39PM

#34 - Posted 10/17/13 @9:09PM by RushFanForever [contact]

Has anyone thought of listening to Jacob's original material?

He has written some great original songs, which I think are overlooked by RUSH fans.

I've seen him four times in concert, and everything is does is of excellence.

He's not just a cover artist.
#33 - Posted 10/17/13 @2:50PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

#32- the original posting.
#32 - Posted 10/17/13 @12:20PM by random_sample [contact]

#30- who said what?
#31 - Posted 10/17/13 @10:28AM by Mr. K

UnstableCondition said it best... I couldn't really get into it much. I am interest in hearing some of Moon's other covers, though. I can imagine that remaking an iconic song would not be an easy task.
#30 - Posted 10/17/13 @8:13AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

#28- who said that?
#29 - Posted 10/17/13 @4:09AM by Judge [contact]

I struggled with the first 45seconds, but probably was due to my brain preprogrammed to hear limelight as I expect. But overall it developed into a good interpretation and on a second listen, think it is pretty good.
#28 - Posted 10/16/13 @11:30PM by random_sample [contact]

27- was what me?
#27 - Posted 10/16/13 @10:15PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Was that you random?
#26 - Posted 10/16/13 @6:39PM by John E. [contact]

Hey random_sample, I was referring to those who were more politically correct in stating how they didn't like the song or seemed indifferent to it. You liked it and said as much.

I still think its a weak effort and interpretation. 2 covers I like are Prince's Super Bowl version of the Foo Fighters song "Best of You"
link (Forward to 6:17).

and Johnny Cash's version of NIN's "Hurt".

#25 - Posted 10/16/13 @6:12PM by Tom [contact]

I like it. It sounds great, and also it's not just cover - he does quite a lot different with it. Only heard it twice so far but it's a good'un.
#24 - Posted 10/16/13 @5:08PM by random_sample [contact]

#23- Gee, I wonder if you mean me, Jupeguy. Hmmm!!! Not sure what the hell your point is, though. Difference between you and me, is that I make a comment either positive or negative, about something , but I don't jump on anyone else for their opinion or whether they like or don't like something. You understand that? I really don't care whether you like or don't like the Jacob Moon version of Limelight. I really don't care if S&A or CA are favourite albums of yours. I state my opinion , that's all it comes down to for me. So, what's "funny", is that you have obviously noticed me (and maybe others) saying that S&A and CA weren't favourites of theirs and for some reason it bothers you , to the point that you file it in your mind, and have it ready as something to use in future posts on here. Now that's "funny".
#23 - Posted 10/16/13 @4:03PM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Listened to the full version and, I still don't care for it. What I think is funny is the fact that some people have stated that they don't really like much of S&A and CA, that it seems pieced together like it's sections that have been "cut & pasted" together with no flow to the songs... and yet they like this herky-jerky,stop&start version of "Limelight". Funny.
#22 - Posted 10/16/13 @3:35PM by Ian Harris

The Silver Sun cover of Xanadu is on the Grooveshark site. Click this link and scroll down to the Too Much, Too Little, Too Late single - it's on that. That's how awesome Silver Sun were - covering Johnny Mathis and Rush on the same CD. I've got the CD somewhere myself.

#21 - Posted 10/16/13 @2:46PM by random_sample [contact]

#20- What do you mean by "pussy footing" when it comes to criticism? If someone LIKES something, they like it. If they don't (obviously you don't like Jacob Moon's version of Limelight) then they don't. Seems pretty subjective, to me. I only listened to Jacob's version of Limelight once, but I liked it on first listen. You're entitled to not like it, and so are people entitled to LIKE it. Right?
#20 - Posted 10/16/13 @10:58AM by John E. [contact]

What's with all the pussy-footing around here when it comes to criticism? This rendition of limelight is uninspired and just downright bad. Limelight is a rocking song that causes one to get speeding tickets when played in the car.

This version makes me want to cry or go to sleep. He should have quit while he was ahead and receiving compliments from the band. Doing one cover is flattery, doing two is just sad.
#19 - Posted 10/16/13 @9:54AM by conniemack99 [contact]

Not a bad cover --- I do prefer my covers to bring a new twist to the song, which this definitely does.
#18 - Posted 10/16/13 @8:36AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

#17- Discuss the what??
#17 - Posted 10/16/13 @12:05AM by ITheJury [contact]

Off topic...

OK, I know, so many of us never want to discuss the RRHOF again, and for good reason. But I thought it was worth it to mention that Yes - FINALLY - got a nomination.

#16 - Posted 10/15/13 @11:04PM by RushFanForever [contact]

Check out the rest of Jacob's Soundcloud page. The cover of 'In Your Eyes' by Peter Gabriel is a favorite of mine right now.
#15 - Posted 10/15/13 @10:07PM by Shirking_Man [contact]

Not too bad at all. Nice guitar solo.