Neil Peart to appear in new Global TV documentary series Walk the Walk

Posted on Wednesday, October 2, 2013 at 10:51AM

Page 1 of 1 - 1
#17 - Posted 10/9/13 @10:28AM by The Sphere [contact]

An article on this appeared today in the local London, Ontario, paper... online version here: link

Congratulations and great work, Karl!!

Cheers!
#16 - Posted 10/4/13 @8:14AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

One thing to add. If you watch the "A Work In Progress" instructional DVD's, Neil has his snare super high and I think over the years he has slowly moved it a bit lower to where it is now. Anyone else notice this?
#15 - Posted 10/4/13 @8:00AM by Ajax5 [contact]

#13--I'm not all that surprised. These aren't purely "fans". These are drummers, active working musicians.
#14 - Posted 10/4/13 @7:41AM by jupeguyowensound [contact]

Must have been an awesome experience. One thing that still amazes me is how high Neil's snare is (Freddie's influence). Karl Sloman is taller than Neil by a few inches by the looks of it, but check out how high the snare is even on him when he sits behind the kit. Christ if I ever had the chance to sit behind one of Neil's kits that snare would be even with my chest as i'm only 5'11".
#13 - Posted 10/4/13 @7:32AM by holeinone53575

It's really odd to see Pratt so warm and inviting with fans.
#12 - Posted 10/3/13 @11:17PM by barney_rebel [contact]

SOB!!! I would have recorded this. This is AWESOME!
#11 - Posted 10/3/13 @9:55PM by Get up and go the distance [contact]

Just watched it on SLICE TV. The time was incorrect in the listings. Neil was awesome - such a kind thing to do. People are asking me to post it to youtube, but I have no idea how to do that, or if it's even possible with my pvr. Wouldn't the network just it anyhow if it was uploaded to youtube?
#10 - Posted 10/3/13 @8:48PM by Ajax5 [contact]

For those of you in the States, Global is one of our commercial networks (our equivalent of an NBC or CBS).
#9 - Posted 10/3/13 @8:40PM by Get up and go the distance [contact]

My listings show it is going to be on at 6pm PST TODAY on Slice TV. It is channel 254 in my area. I don't know why is it is being publicized as only on Global TV. I have my PVR set to record it.
#8 - Posted 10/2/13 @8:29PM by JohnnyTRacer [contact]

Neil was stellar as usual....That guy sure works hard and with his talent, any song would be graced with his presence!!

RUSH ON!
#7 - Posted 10/2/13 @5:17PM by Rushian Roulette [contact]

#6...thanks for that link on Neil Young...I've never seen that side of him b4.

RR
#6 - Posted 10/2/13 @3:55PM by RushFanForever [contact]

With reading the band's website on how they trigger electronics and instruments with their wheelchairs, reminds me of something similar that Neil Young did for his son to run the model trains.

#5 - Posted 10/2/13 @2:41PM by bucklemyshoe [contact]

I believe Global TV is Canada only, though the name would have you think differently.

They are pretty friendly (like CBC) with broadcasting Rush related info. Back in 2000 they ran a 60 second commercial honoring Rush for being inducted into the Canadian Walk of Fame. I was in the commercial so I sent them a letter if I could get a copy (long before you-tube). They sent it to me on a VHS tape.
#4 - Posted 10/2/13 @12:27PM by double-agent [contact]

Is this channel only available in Canada? I have basic cable and have never heard of this station. Hope someone posts a link here.
#3 - Posted 10/2/13 @11:29AM by zybraman [contact]

The Power of Three!
Rock on!
RUSH rules :)
#2 - Posted 10/2/13 @11:16AM by marty from clayton [contact]

NEIL??? What's this world coming to?
#1 - Posted 10/2/13 @11:16AM by rushfan1968 [contact]