Omnium Gatherum covers Rush's Subdivisions

Posted on Monday, February 25, 2013 at 4:30PM

Page 1 of 3 - 1 2 3
#51 - Posted 2/28/13 @10:55AM by jchardern [contact]

Its sort of a sad commentary on the Death Metal genre. To my ears, there is nothing more disappointing than getting into a tight, melodic, metal groove intro only to be assaulted by what can barely be passed as vocals. I've never understood the whole growling, death metal style. For me, it practically ruins every song. It's too bad - with "normal" singing I might find a band like Omnium Gatherum interesting. Unfortunately, they are just unlistenable. I would take Ged's vocal stylings any day of the week and twice on Sunday!
#50 - Posted 2/27/13 @12:41AM by bucklemyshoe [contact]

Hang on - this just in hot off the newswire.

It wasn't Cookie Monster as lead singer ...... It was By-Tor ! Let the fray begin !!!!
#49 - Posted 2/27/13 @12:04AM by Ku [contact]

Priceless. Didn't anybody bother to tell these guys that "roar" and "growl" are nouns or verbs and not the actual sound of a roar or growl?

"Move along folks, nothing to see here. Jesus, O'Malley, you're standing on the decapitated head of this song. Can't you look where you're stepping and direct traffic at the same time?!"
#48 - Posted 2/26/13 @10:41PM by cheech24 [contact]

LOL. If you heard this, you know where I'm coming from. No editorial needed.
#47 - Posted 2/26/13 @9:27PM by The_king_will_Neil [contact]

Ah, come on now, let's not insult Cookie Monster.

Imagine this guy doing Bytor, along with someone to do Snowdog? Any nominees? The guy from the BeeGees?

Good evening's laughs (the vid and the comments).
#46 - Posted 2/26/13 @7:10PM by JohnnyTRacer [contact]

Was way late in reading this, but it has been, by far, the most humorous and entertaining read in a long while! Every funny thought I was going to post was already written down! In my best growling voice:

RRRRRUUUUUUUUSSHHH OOOONNNNNN!
#45 - Posted 2/26/13 @5:19PM by PLesinski [contact]

Dying over those vocals. "Subdevesioooons! Grrrooooowl!" But the music is damn good. I'd buy this w/o the vox for sure.
#44 - Posted 2/26/13 @4:42PM by Rusty Shackleford

I think i first heard this guy on Tony Bennett's duets album.

His rendition of "I left my heart in San Francisco" just kills.

;)
#43 - Posted 2/26/13 @3:10PM by Babelfish [contact]

Has me in fits! Is that one of the characters from Lord of The Rings ? I think it is the lead Goblin or is it one of the Trolls ! Anyways fair play for covering and to be fair the guitar and musical side of it is very good, but PLEASE leave the vocals to Geddy! This guy will NOT be standing in to cover this on any part of their European Tour ! THANK GOD, or should I say THANK GED! Good luck, and certainly put a smile on my face :)
#42 - Posted 2/26/13 @2:32PM by Tom [contact]

Shame, I think the music is great - particularly what they've done with the guitars adding something new and good to the song. However, the vocals don't do it with me - the growling just does not work. It might work on other material but not this song - far too melodic for the vocals. Shame, I really like the guitars!
#41 - Posted 2/26/13 @2:15PM by conniemack99 [contact]

There are a multitude of bands whose singers sound just like this. Not my cup of tea, and seems I'm not alone in that. However there are throngs of young whippersnappers who love this s^!t, probably just to piss of their parents. Thankfully I don't count my kids among them!!!
#40 - Posted 2/26/13 @1:41PM by subdivincent [contact]

btw, Subdivincent casts all judgement on subdivisions covers.

this one really sucks.
#39 - Posted 2/26/13 @1:39PM by subdivincent [contact]

be cool or be snuffed out..
#38 - Posted 2/26/13 @1:24PM by gag2man [contact]

The drums sound like they do on Different Stages. I bet this guy can't sing a three hour show.
#37 - Posted 2/26/13 @1:21PM by eshine [contact]

Ged really needs to rest his voice before the next leg - he's sounding a little hoarse.
#36 - Posted 2/26/13 @12:55PM by snowdog20 [contact]

I think the instrumentation is pretty tight. The vocals aren't exactly my cup of tea but hey, at least these guys respect Rush enough to cover one of their most beloved tunes. I can't wait for my brother to hear this. He's into bands like Cannibal Corpse and Gwar. He'll think it's awesome.

I'd love to hear what boys think of it....
#35 - Posted 2/26/13 @9:51AM by jaeger [contact]

#29 You nailed it.
#34 - Posted 2/26/13 @9:42AM by killernj13 [contact]

Come on it is only the reemergence of the great Dikembe Mutombo into the Limelight. First he did tne super bowl commercial for Geico and now he started a band.
#33 - Posted 2/26/13 @9:19AM by Friz [contact]

#18 "Think before you speak"...thanks for the life lesson...NOT! Puh-lease, this is an open forum to say whatever. No one is out of line here. If we want to speculate, then so be it. We only wish these guys the best so they continue to make great music. Do we really care what they look like? Just let them stay healthy for at least 30 more years!

#30 With a username like "Rushguy", you really liked this cover? Really?
#32 - Posted 2/26/13 @7:22AM by LanceTheShred [contact]

Nice link Rob! Perfect match!